Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing Hue Jackson at the end of the season
Sad 
Well - I sure hope we get all the way this year as I'm betting HJ gets picked up at the end of the year as a head coach again based on the way he is baffling all the defenses to date.  Thanks Hue!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah. I'm considering it a foregone conclusion that he's gone.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 05:53 PM)BengalD Wrote: Well - I sure hope we get all the way this year as I'm betting HJ gets picked up at the end of the year as a head coach again based on the way he is baffling all the defenses to date.  Thanks Hue!

I don't know because he bounced around to, where, Atlanta, Baltimore, and Oakland (am I forgetting one) after he left here after his first stint and gave everything a try, so maybe he's comfortable here.

Plus, with how good this team is, maybe he wants to continue what he started and help this team become a dynasty.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 06:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't know because he bounced around to, where, Atlanta, Baltimore, and Oakland (am I forgetting one) after he left here after his first stint and gave everything a try, so maybe he's comfortable here.

Plus, with how good this team is, maybe he wants to continue what he started and help this team become a dynasty.

Man - I like your thinking, hope it goes down that way.  In my heart of hearts I don't think it will though.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 05:53 PM)BengalD Wrote: Well - I sure hope we get all the way this year as I'm betting HJ gets picked up at the end of the year as a head coach again based on the way he is baffling all the defenses to date.  Thanks Hue!

Well remember Marvin said he's retiring if we win the Super Bowl, which would leave the door open for Hue as HC.  We've just got to win the Super Bowl.  No Problem.   Rock On
Reply/Quote
What makes you so sure that Hue is a goner? Hue has had experience as a HC, maybe his is comfortable excelling at his position, with the Bengals. Some coaches are meant to be HCs, and others are at the top of their game as coordinators and position coaches. Heck, for a great example, just look at the career of Dick LeBeau.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 06:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What makes you so sure that Hue is a goner?  Hue has had experience as a HC, maybe his is comfortable excelling at his position, with the Bengals.  Some coaches are meant to be HCs, and others are at the top of their game as coordinators and position coaches.  Heck, for a great example, just look at the career of Dick LeBeau.

He tried to get a HC position last year.  He wanted Buffalo and even said in an article that he thought he was going to get that one.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 06:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What makes you so sure that Hue is a goner?  Hue has had experience as a HC, maybe his is comfortable excelling at his position, with the Bengals.  Some coaches are meant to be HCs, and others are at the top of their game as coordinators and position coaches.  Heck, for a great example, just look at the career of Dick LeBeau.

True.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 06:11 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Well remember Marvin said he's retiring if we win the Super Bowl, which would leave the door open for Hue as HC.  We've just got to win the Super Bowl.  No Problem.   Rock On

I was kind of thinking that too! - but just wanting to enjoy the wins as they come and not jinx the thing.  Good hearing from you Bonnie!
Reply/Quote
As long as he isn't taking HC interviews during our preparation for playoff games I'm cool with it.

IF he does... I will NOT be happy.

He has to have SOME loyalty to Marvin and the gang at this point though. I would hope he could put his HC opportunities aside to win a super bowl. We'll see.
Reply/Quote
If all the assistance coaches from winning teams become head coaches and all the head coaches from everyone else become assistant coaches, will anything have really changed?

Reply/Quote
Hue will be hot.

Sean Payton might also be in the mix. Lots of jobs could be opening up.
Reply/Quote
I would almost think the USC job would be as attractive as another head coaching position in the NFL. He is from Los Angeles, and has coached there in the past. He would make more, have greater control, and wouldn't be taking over a bottom feeder team.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 06:15 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He tried to get a HC position last year.  He wanted Buffalo and even said in an article that he thought he was going to get that one.

You are correct, don't know how that escaped my mind.  However, wish he would just simmer here, for a couple more years.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Eh

He was a marked man before the Bengals picked him up. He couldn't even get a coordinator job.

Everyone knew he was a good coordinator, but I don't think teams will soon forget the Carson Palmer trade.

He was the best coach Oakland had for a long time, but he was still fired for a reason.

He may go somewhere else, but I don't think it's a definite thing yet.

I remember this thread for about 4 years before Zimmer finally got his head coaching chance. These things take time.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 08:43 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Eh

He was a marked man before the Bengals picked him up. He couldn't even get a coordinator job.

Everyone knew he was a good coordinator, but I don't think teams will soon forget the Carson Palmer trade.

He was the best coach Oakland had for a long time, but he was still fired for a reason.

I remember this thread for about 4 years before Zimmer finally got his head coaching chance. These things take time.

In all fairness, Oakland was a practically unwinnable situation for him.  Al Davis died and the son wanted to bring in his own people. Which has obviously not worked out very well so far... Hue is probably better off.  There was an article in either ESPN or SI about the son, and he seems like a complete whackjob.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 08:43 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Eh

Jay Gruden smirks at this post
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals win the Super Bowl and Marv Lewis retires, Hue might want to think about having a more permanent job - and what's more permanent than Marv's spot? Cool
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Marvin retire or finally go to GM like we have been hoping and then lets promote Hue to HC, replace Guenther with Vance and Im a happy guy!
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 08:53 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: Jay Gruden smirks at this post

Jay Gruden can suck it. Oh wait….
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote