Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing Hue Jackson at the end of the season
(10-21-2015, 12:29 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Jay Gruden was overrated in his time here. He supposedly took a shit QB and made him respectable.

Turns out he took a really good QB and made him merely respectable.

After just one year under Hue, Dalton is playing like an MVP. His three years under Gruden make it more apparent that Gruden's playcalling was not playing to Dalton's strengths as much as the media would have you believe.

Dalton was also moving in the right direction under Gruden.. last year was a bad year.. we can attribute  a lot of it to injuries but Dalton did not play as well as he could in Hue's system last year compared to Gruden system 2013.  I would consider this the second year not first year with Hue and the improvement is showing plus we have been injury free on offense.... 

I do believe Hue is a better coach than Gruden but im not going to throw Gruden under the bus because Dalton did improve under him .
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 01:20 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: Dalton was also moving in the right direction under Gruden.. last year was a bad year.. we can attribute  a lot of it to injuries but Dalton did not play as well as he could in Hue's system last year compared to Gruden system 2013.  I would consider this the second year not first year with Hue and the improvement is showing plus we have been injury free on offense.... 

I do believe Hue is a better coach than Gruden but im not going to throw Gruden under the bus because Dalton did improve under him .

I'll drive the bus and aim for him then.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:38 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I'm still surprised Jay Gruden got a head coaching gig so quickly.

Family connections.  He's the Jeb Bush of the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 02:07 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I like your thinking Bonnie. We got this sb 50 . Hue will move to HC ,Marvin To Gm  and Bengals keep rolling. Although there is some teams ,that would love to have hue. Maybe we don't win and some good offers come in, be hard pass up a HC job. 

For the seven hundred and forty-seven billionth time...

Marv.is.not.retiring.

dot dot freaking dot

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think he sticks around here for at least another year or two.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I'll take him leaving. He is bringing the Bengals a Super Bowl after all...he deserves some HC recognition.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Gruden drafted a major part of the Bengals offense.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote