Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou Staying For 2021
(01-04-2021, 11:47 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Since he is here for next year, get this man some depth at corner and another legit edge rusher.

This defense flashed a few times, but the lack of depth was the true demise.

Lou needs to reevaluate a lot of things tho... we were playing 10 yards back from the receivers on a 3rd and 2 at one point yesterday and that’s unacceptable. We fear speed badly for some reason.

Look who the backs were.... Sims and Davis. Both could barely be considered practice squad guys.
Reply/Quote
Wrong month for an April fools thread
Reply/Quote
Great another season where TJ Watt had more sacks then this
Entire defense.
Reply/Quote
The Defense got worse as the season went on after a solid start to it. Yes there were injuries but there are always going to be injuries. (Look at the 2013 defense they lost their two best players in Hall and Atkins and still finished in the top 3). Then when you add the treatment of Geno & Dunlap it makes it hard for me to understand how the organization would back Taylor keeping Lou.
The Defense finished dead last in sacks, sack yards, and TFLs this season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Was it just a couple months ago that the Bengals made a tweet with the words "No Excuses!" or did I imagine that?

So far today Mike Brown has used the "Injuries excuse" and some of the posters here are using the same excuse. I've seen teams like New England and Pittsburgh in years past play with 2nd and 3rd stringers and still have winning seasons.

No Excuses indeed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So goes the lost decade part deux. We've read this script before and know how it ends. New cast, different crew, younger audience. But at the end the Titanic still sinks.

I appreciate those on the board who are still playing a tune.

But no miracle, nothing good, no fairytale ending is coming out of any of this. We all know how it will end.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 12:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Look who the backs were.... Sims and Davis. Both could barely be considered practice squad guys.

And this scrub was offered a futures contract.

What in the world could they have seen from him to think, hey there is some talent there to coach up....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You believed Elise Jessie.... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Everything she said was true.

You were the one who claimed she was full of shit.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 12:58 AM)jj22 Wrote: So goes the lost decade part deux.  We've read this script before and know how it ends. New cast, different crew, younger audience. But at the end the Titanic still sinks.

I appreciate those on the board who are still playing a tune.

But no miracle, nothing good, no fairytale ending is coming out of any of this. We all know how it will end.

What is wrong with you?  I have never seen anyone so thrilled about losing.  And we are no where close to a "decade" of losing.

Being wrong during all those playoff seasons must have really pissed you off.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 01:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Everything she said was true.

You were the one who claimed she was full of shit.

Yep. It said major shakeup to assistant coaches on Taylor’s staff. Bengals have parted ways with 4 coaches and a 5th chose to leave. By Bengals standards, that is “massive.”

Sled just trying to discredit Elise again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 01:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What is wrong with you?  I have never seen anyone so thrilled about losing.  And we are no where close to a "decade" of losing.

Being wrong during all those playoff seasons must have really pissed you off.

Hold on to those one and done's tight Mr. Toast, They're getting further and further in the rear view mirror.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 02:05 AM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Hold on to those one and done's tight Mr. Toast, They're getting further and further in the rear view mirror.

So I guess it pissed you off being wrong all those years also, right?

Enjoy these double digit loss seasons.  I don't think they will last for a full decade this time.
Reply/Quote
No playoff wins in 30 years...but here again is your

[Image: 71R2g2ZKbkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Great....we keep the incompetent DC whose braindead scheme sets up his players to fail.
Reply/Quote
Given the problems with injuries this year I would almost be willing to give Lou another chance if there was anything on his resume to indicate that he could be successful. But there is nothing. He has never even been a coordinator before and he has never had any real success as a position coach.

If lack of talent was the problem then why did our defense disappear in the final 2 minutes of the half/game even with the same players on the field?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 03:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Given the problems with injuries this year I would almost be willing to give Lou another chance if there was anything on his resume to indicate that he could be successful.  But there is nothing.  He has never even been a coordinator before and he has never had any real success as a position coach.

If lack of talent was the problem then why did our defense disappear in the final 2 minutes of the half/game even with the same players on the field?

I don’t see where the reasoning is that the front office would see his performance as a DC these past two years and say, “Let’s keep him on for a third”. Yes, if he had a resume from past success as a DC in the NFL you would say ok let’s keep him for a third with his past successes but there isn’t and this guy has done nothing to earn a third year. 
Reply/Quote
I think if we all take emotions out of it, or perhaps even put ourselves in Lou's shoes, we may realize that he was screwed before the season even began with injuries/opt outs, but then as the season started going, his players went down. I mean, it's not ONE player. It's MANY MANY players! He never had a fair shake this year. The fact that we won 4.5 games with the skeleton crew we ended with to me is astounding. To see the defense as fired up as they were against Pitt in a lost season with many lost players is nothing short of amazing. I'm not saying every game was great.

Yes, I've copyrighted Lou's Shoes . Look for more upcoming episodes! Kidding....maybe.
Reply/Quote
Same HC: Check
Same OC: Check
Same DC: Check

[Image: Well-Its-Groundhog-Day-Again-Quote.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
When was the last time an NFL team gave up 4,750 yards rushing at 4.9 ypc in 2 years and kept the DC?  Mellow 
Reply/Quote
It's going to be a long season ahead. Damn.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote