Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou Staying For 2021
I'll be generous and say I think we'll see an improved defense next year. That said...that isn't enough and we could do better than Lou A. There are hires we could have from other team's assistant coaches or college coaches who would be better DCs right away than Lou will be in his 3rd year. I firmly believe that. This is...laziness.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Since he’s staying- I have to believe they’ll be looking for a big time FA to help pressure the QB. (Wouldn’t be surprised if they also draft Surtain).

Any FA’s that can get to the QB?

EDIT

There are some pass rushing FA’s this year. But if they sign 33 year olds like von Miller or Ryan Kerrigan- without signing another prime time young player- then that’s all well need to know.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Oh Boy!
Gee, this is great!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
It took this guy over a year to figure out what a linebacker was. He likes to call plays where 3 DTs and Logan Wilson rush the passer right before halftime. When they were winning against Pitt, the safeties allowed WRs to get behind them shortly after taking a 1 score lead. That's all poor decision making and indicative of a lack of awareness. 

No one should take this team seriously. They could have TRIED to fail and they'd still have roughly the same results: the least accomplished staff in league history still trotting out there to get drubbed in every game that they aren't gifted 3+ fluke turnovers. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:24 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: It took this guy over a year to figure out what a linebacker was. He likes to call plays where 3 DTs and Logan Wilson rush the passer right before halftime. When they were winning against Pitt, the safeties allowed WRs to get behind them shortly after taking a 1 score lead. 

No one should take this team seriously. They could have TRIED to fail and they'd still have roughly the same results: the least accomplished staff in league history still trotting out there to get drubbed in every game that they aren't gifted 3+ fluke turnovers. 

Ah, so that MNF Pitt win that ML couldn’t sniff, let alone ZT and Lou does it with mostly backups.... yep, let’s crap on that.  We should probably also talk about Zac’s signature win against Tennessee being a bad thing too.  Yeah.  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 01:08 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And this scrub was offered a futures contract.

What in the world could they have seen from him to think, hey there is some talent there to coach up....

Maybe there is, but he's definitely not ready now in any shape or form.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:28 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Ah, so that MNF Pitt win that ML couldn’t sniff, let alone ZT and Lou does it with mostly backups.... yep, let’s crap on that.  We should probably also talk about Zac’s signature win against Tennessee being a bad thing too.  Yeah.  

The safeties were playing too shallow because the DC wasn't aware of who he was playing against. Had it been a Pitt team of old with vintage Rapist, they'd have won that game. They won because they were gifted fluke turnovers by a QB who's probably done. They didn't outcoach Tomlin lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 01:21 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep. It said major shakeup to assistant coaches on Taylor’s staff. Bengals have parted ways with 4 coaches and a 5th chose to leave. By Bengals standards, that is “massive.”

Sled just trying to discredit Elise again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, so now we move from Major shakeup to Taylor's staff to mutliple shakeups to assistant coaches on Taylor's staff. Anyone who watched could have guessed Turner and Eason would be gone. And we have a couple of assts. no one has ever heard of not returning? Wow, major shakeup there. Same HC, same OC, same DC, same ST coach..... why, she's a regular Nostradamus... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:30 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: The safeties were playing too shallow because the DC wasn't aware of who he was playing against. Had it been a Pitt team of old with vintage Rapist, they'd have won that game. They won because they were gifted fluke turnovers by a QB who's probably done. They didn't outcoach Tomlin lol.

Tomlin was 100% outcoached in that game.  We used Ryan friggin Finley and beat them.  I mean really, I know I can get flamed for defending ZT just because it’s not popular, but as far as this argument goes I’m dead right.  

“Had it been” the 2005 team with CP9, we would’ve won the prime time game too.  Not sure how that matters for this argument.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:45 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Tomlin was 100% outcoached in that game.  We used Ryan friggin Finley and beat them.  I mean really, I know I can get flamed for defending ZT just because it’s not popular, but as far as this argument goes I’m dead right.  

“Had it been” the 2005 team with CP9, we would’ve won the prime time game too.  Not sure how that matters for this argument.

They had hardly any offense that game and were gifted turnovers. It's plenty relevant to bring up how he's old and washed up because it's very similar to how Dre K picked off an aging Payton Manning a bunch of times - it doesn't prove that Dre K is going to pick off good QBs in meaningful games. 

The only way to make Lou look passable is to cherry pick only the best of his best moments while ignoring how he ran a franchise DE out of town with his ineptitude. He doesn't know what a LB is 'nuff said. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 10:00 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote:  He doesn't know what a LB is 'nuff said. 

Yeah, he made it this far in his career by not knowing what a linebacker is...... Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 10:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, he made it this far in his career by not knowing what a linebacker is...... Sarcasm

He thinks that Sam Hubbard and Carlos Dunlap are linebackers. There's video evidence to support it. I wish that I were joking, but this is objectively the worst staff in league history that we're talking about.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 03:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Given the problems with injuries this year I would almost be willing to give Lou another chance if there was anything on his resume to indicate that he could be successful.  But there is nothing.  He has never even been a coordinator before and he has never had any real success as a position coach.

If lack of talent was the problem then why did our defense disappear in the final 2 minutes of the half/game even with the same players on the field?

Where is all this negativity coming from? 

We are already 5 years in the lost decade part deux. You think we aren't close to a decade, but next year is a wash, as Lou will likely be fired mid season, we won't win under ZT as coaches who start their career with 6 wins in 2 years just don't turn it around with the same team. It just doesn't happen. No miracle or happy ending, it doesn't happen. So we have to wait for a new coach and a new rebuild which whenever that comes is another 2 years.

The lost decade part deux was being generous. We may not reach the playoffs for another generation. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 10:00 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: They had hardly any offense that game and were gifted turnovers. It's plenty relevant to bring up how he's old and washed up because it's very similar to how Dre K picked off an aging Payton Manning a bunch of times - it doesn't prove that Dre K is going to pick off good QBs in meaningful games. 

The only way to make Lou look passable is to cherry pick only the best of his best moments while ignoring how he ran a franchise DE out of town with his ineptitude. He doesn't know what a LB is 'nuff said. 

So the Steelers went 11-0 because he’s washed up and Zac clearly didn’t outcoach Tomlin when he beat the Steelers with Ryan Finley.  What is happening here?

I’m not proclaiming Lou to be some world-beater DC, for the record.  I don’t know what kinda DC he is, given that he’s been handcuffed to crap talent around him due to injuries.  I am cautiously optimistic based on the last few games on the season, though.  The Baltimore game was rough, but we had 3rd/PS cornerbacks starting against a Ravens team that is coming on at the right time.  I can understand that one.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 10:24 AM)jj22 Wrote: Where is all this negativity coming from? 

We are already 5 years in the lost decade part deux. You think we aren't close to a decade, but next year is a wash, as Lou will likely be fired mid season, we won't win under ZT as coaches who start their career with 6 wins in 2 years just don't turn it around with the same team. It just doesn't happen. No miracle or happy ending, it doesn't happen. So we have to wait for a new coach and a new rebuild which whenever that comes is another 2 years.

The lost decade part deux was being generous. We may not reach the playoffs for another generation. 

We don’t have to wait for a new HC.  We just have to wait for this next season.  

We may win the Super Bowl next year.  We may win our first playoff game next year.  Who knows.  If you can say we may not reach the playoffs for another generation, then I’ll say the former.  Hopefully our attitudes cancel each other out :)
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 10:24 AM)jj22 Wrote: Where is all this negativity coming from? 

Oh Gawd, not another generation..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ah, so now we move from Major shakeup to Taylor's staff to mutliple shakeups to assistant coaches on Taylor's staff. Anyone who watched could have guessed Turner and Eason would be gone. And we have a couple of assts. no one has ever heard of not returning? Wow, major shakeup there. Same HC, same OC, same DC, same ST coach..... why, she's a regular Nostradamus... Hilarious

No. The article that she wrote specifically said assistant coaches.
So if you thought "major shakeup" was supposed to be something other than assistant coaches, then you just didn't read the article or your chose to create your own narrative.

Quote:Sources tell AllBengals that the team will move on from multiple assistants at the end of the season.
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-major-shakeup-zac-taylor-coaching-staff

You are discrediting her for reporting news, but what has happened is exactly as she stated. The Bengals did, in fact, let go of multiple assistant coaches. OL coach, DL coach, WR coach, and an assistant defensive coach.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 10:26 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: So the Steelers went 11-0 because he’s washed up and Zac clearly didn’t outcoach Tomlin when he beat the Steelers with Ryan Finley.  What is happening here?

I’m not proclaiming Lou to be some world-beater DC, for the record.  I don’t know what kinda DC he is, given that he’s been handcuffed to crap talent around him due to injuries.  I am cautiously optimistic based on the last few games on the season, though.  The Baltimore game was rough, but we had 3rd/PS cornerbacks starting against a Ravens team that is coming on at the right time.  I can understand that one.

we had 3rd/PS cornerbacks starting against a Ravens team that is coming on at the right time

But they ran for 400+ yards not threw
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 02:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So I guess it pissed you off being wrong all those years also, right?

Enjoy these double digit loss seasons.  I don't think they will last for a full decade this time.

With Mike Brown as the owner, the Bengals have had 14 seasons without Marvin Lewis as the HC. 
All of those were losing records (under .500) except one.
The one season was 1996, and it was 8-8.
So there has never been a winning season with Mike Brown as the owner outside of Marvin Lewis's tenure.
11 of the seasons out of 14 have been double-digit losses.

There has not been a full decade straight of losing seasons. The longest streak of losing seasons was six (1997-2002).
If the Bengals do not get at least 8 wins in 2021, they will have tied the longest losing streak under Mike Brown at six again, as they have not had a season of .500 or better since 2015.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Cincinnati Bengals’ definition of insanity involves drafting a can’t miss quarterback and placing him behind the most incompetently coached offensive line in known history.  Apparently no one on the staff thought about this until they heard Joe Burrow’s knee snap.

The line is bad....but not the worst....you haven't watched many FSU games...lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote