Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou Staying For 2021
(01-12-2021, 12:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Cowboys just hired Dan Quinn. He was just there for the taking.

They fired Mike Nolan after only one season, which make sense because their defense was pretty bad.  They were 23rd in yards allowed.

We however elected to keep Lou Anarumo for a 3rd season.  His defense was 26th in yards allowed in 2020, and they were 29th in 2019.

Yet another example of lowered standards.  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 12:20 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: They fired Mike Nolan after only one season, which make sense because their defense was pretty bad.  They were 23rd in yards allowed.

We however elected to keep Lou Anarumo for a 3rd season.  His defense was 26th in yards allowed in 2020, and they were 29th in 2019.

Yet another example of lowered standards.  

A perfect example of one organization wanting a SB win and another that doesn't. 

We could've hired another DC to get the defense ready for next year but the Bengals and their Ho-Hum way of running things will find excuses next year when the defense is still sub par and costing the team games.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 04:18 PM)GodFather Wrote: A perfect example of one organization wanting a SB win and another that doesn't. 

We could've hired another DC to get the defense ready for next year but the Bengals and their Ho-Hum way of running things will find excuses next year when the defense is still sub par and costing the team games.

Cue Metallica's Sad But True...
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2021, 10:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cue Metallica's Sad But True...

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2021, 10:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cue Metallica's Sad But True...

Given all the injuries, I imagine Lou's song would be more "One" by Metallica, given that he had nothing left from a player standpoint.  ha!
Reply/Quote

Yep, it is sad but true.  Hell, I can remember back when Zimmer was running the defense, a different Metallica song came to mind.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2021, 12:29 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Given all the injuries, I imagine Lou's song would be more "One" by Metallica, given that he had nothing left from a player standpoint.  ha!

I think after looking at Lou's two year record The Beatles summed up his work as a DC in Cincy.

Lou's Theme Song
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2021, 12:29 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Given all the injuries, I imagine Lou's song would be more "One" by Metallica, given that he had nothing left from a player standpoint.  ha!

He had some talent eventually on IR/traded/Opt-out, but it shouldn't have been as dire as it was.
Waynes (0 games played)
Reader (5 games played)
Atkins (8 games played)
Dunlap (7 games played)
Tupou (0 games played)

Wren also didn't play this season, but he really wasn't a key player last year, so I wouldn't consider him not playing a big impact.

Hubbard, Daniels, Alexander, Phillips, and WJ3 all played 11+ games.
The LBs were basically all healthy.

So the only real "hit" was DT, where the Bengals were basically missing four of their planned five going into the season. Covington and Williams did not play well, but I'm not confident even a healthy Atkins and Reader would have had this defense as a Top 20 unit.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/15/wade-phillips-im-ready-to-retire-from-retirement/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

I think The Thing That Should Not Be is a fitting song for Lou... And all the coaches for that matter. I'm done with Simmons for not staging a coup....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Reps to all you guys for the Metallica and other vids. Cause yeah it is sad but true and yeah we should bring in Wade.

Lou could stay as a Secondary coach and I would be fine with it but he just isn't a true DC IMO.
Reply/Quote