Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou Staying For 2021
(01-05-2021, 12:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Phillips worked with Zac too though in LA. You'd think that familiarity would make the hiring of Phillips make more sense.

Zac was just somebody on the other side of the ball for phillips out in LA
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 06:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Zac was just somebody on the other side of the ball for phillips out in LA

True, but would you not say that about Taylor and Anarumo when they were in MIA?
Or do you think it would be because they're so different in age? Phillips is near double the age of Zac. 73 vs 37.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 06:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Zac was just somebody on the other side of the ball for phillips out in LA

Plus would Wade want to come here and work with Zac after seeing his body of work these past two seasons in Cincinnati and the front offices reputation?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 04:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Mike brings back a HC that has been worse than Dave Shula. That HC brings back a DC who's units have allowed 4,750 yards rushing over the past 2 seasons.

You just can't make this shit up. The level of comfort with failure is just mind boggling with this organization. 

So true, crazy. You would think they would understand that having a team that can at least compete would make them more
money, but no. This is worse than settling for mediocrity, much worse. It is lazy, inept and is a losing mentality.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 05:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What you are not seeing is a DC coordinator who has ranked in the bottom tier both years on the job getting fired for it.

Yep.

Lou's defense over the last 2 years: dead last in stopping the run and getting to the QB. Not a good combo.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 06:18 PM)GodFather Wrote: Plus would Wade want to come here and work with Zac after seeing his body of work these past two seasons in Cincinnati and the front offices reputation?

They would have to at least make Wade Assistant HC to make it happen I am sure.

Then if the losing kept up you have your insurance.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 06:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They would have to at least make Wade Assistant HC to make it happen I am sure.

Then if the losing kept up you have your insurance.

The problem is your making too much sense for the front office!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 06:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep.

Lou's defense over the last 2 years: dead last in stopping the run and getting to the QB. Not a good combo.

Mike Brown calls that "A Winner"
Reply/Quote
The guy’s defense just allowed 400 yards rushing. 400 ***** yards. ***** Bengals i swear.
Reply/Quote
Even Chuck Bresnehan would think Lou is a terrible DC.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
This kind of stuff is why I focus more on the NBA these days. I'd rather focus on hobbies that provide joy and hope. The Bengals are just a miserable franchise that makes poor decisions on a routine basis and puffs their chest out about it. Haven't spent a dime on anything Bengals in 5 years, and it's been great.

Mikey and co will never change. They view the Bengals strictly as a business and they're too lazy/apathetic to run the team in a typical fashion. Hence 0 playoff wins in 30 years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 04:39 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I agree. I'd love to be a the Brown family dinner table to hear how they discuss operating an NFL team. It's a great mystery that nobody has been able to truly understand.

Oh, you can understand it by watching the 2009 Hard Knocks when Mike sat at the head of the table and talked about converting a defender to TE while all the assistants sat by petrified to say how silly the thought was. Total discomfort and Mike Brown buffoonery, all on the big screen. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4412908

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 03:48 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Oh, you can understand it by watching the 2009 Hard Knocks when Mike sat at the head of the table and talked about converting a defender to TE while all the assistants sat by petrified to say how silly the thought was. Total discomfort and Mike Brown buffoonery, all on the big screen. 

I remember that and the look on their faces to one another that read, “Who’s gonna squash this shit sandwich of an idea?”
Reply/Quote
It's about what is cheap. You can pay coaches and coordinators anything you want, regardless of the salary cap.

MB will pay those who will kowtow and those that come at the cheapest price. That is the mentality of a man who is stuck in the 50's and wears short sleeved white dress shirts, with thick black ties.

Mike would have had more success with Univac, than a football franchise.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 06:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: True, but would you not say that about Taylor and Anarumo when they were in MIA?
Or do you think it would be because they're so different in age? Phillips is near double the age of Zac. 73 vs 37.

Philips is also well established in the league... If anything he knew Zach as so and so's kid. lol
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 06:57 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: It's about what is cheap. You can pay coaches and coordinators anything you want, regardless of the salary cap.

MB will pay those who will kowtow and those that come at the cheapest price. That is the mentality of a man who is stuck in the 50's and wears short sleeved white dress shirts, with thick black ties.

Mike would have had more success with Univac, than a football franchise.

He beat the IRS in court, twice.  Clearly he chose the wrong profession.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
Is it a 100% certain that Lou is coming back. Maybe its just my hopeful thinking that they are looking at someone in the Playoffs to replace him
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 03:38 PM)Reinhardt23 Wrote: Is it a 100% certain that Lou is coming back.  Maybe its just my hopeful thinking that they are looking at someone in the Playoffs to replace him

I guess it's not 100% certain, but it's the expectation based on what the Bengals have provided at this point.  I haven't seen a single source state that Lou could be gone.  But I guess it's still within the realm of possibility until it's all locked down! 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 03:46 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I guess it's not 100% certain, but it's the expectation based on what the Bengals have provided at this point.  I haven't seen a single source state that Lou could be gone.  But I guess it's still within the realm of possibility until it's all locked down! 

Ill keep my hopes up then.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 03:48 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Oh, you can understand it by watching the 2009 Hard Knocks when Mike sat at the head of the table and talked about converting a defender to TE while all the assistants sat by petrified to say how silly the thought was. Total discomfort and Mike Brown buffoonery, all on the big screen. 

I remember that clearly.  

But it actually gave me hope because the coaches never even considered his idea.  It showed me that Mike did not really have that much control.

Anyone old enough to remember when Ted Turner made himself manager of the Braves?
Reply/Quote