Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou Staying For 2021
The most frustrating thing about Lou and the defense is that it looked like we were playing good football to end last season and to start this season.
For example the last seven weeks of the season last year we had 21 sacks. This season we had only 17 sacks. In the first 5 games of this year we had 9 sacks but in the last 11 we ended up with 8.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 12:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Anarumo's defense 2019 vs 2020:

Category | 2019 | 2020
Points Against: 420 (25th) 424 (22nd)
Yards Allowed: 6299 (29th) 6227 (26th)
Pass Yards: 3917 (21st) 3859 (19th)
Rush Yards: 2382 (last) 2368 (29th)
Turnovers: 16 (28th) 17 (27th)

So there really isn't an improvement in this defense.
There is only an "excuse," which is they didn't have Waynes, Reader, healthy Atkins, and Dunlap (who they chose to trade) for most of the year.
I realize those are/were important pieces, but Dunlap and maybe Atkins won't be on the team next year. It's a gamble to keep a guy who has been in the bottom half of the league hoping he'll get this defense to Top 15.

These run stats are pure trash. Video game bad, and the rest are uninspiring. Lou should have been fired Monday morning. Terrible decision from the league’s worst front office. That said, we know stubborn and cheap is their MO, so no big surprise.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Expect another season of awful defense next year.

Keeping Lou means we keep his bird brained scheme which has hurt our LBers a lot and combines the worst elements of WAY too soft zone coverage (using players demonstrably better in man) and their silly front seven alignment that makes the edges almost impossible to cover and contain.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 02:52 PM)J24 Wrote: The most frustrating thing about Lou and the defense is that it looked like we were playing good football to end last season and to start this season.
For example the last seven weeks of the season last year we had 21 sacks. This season we had only  17 sacks.  In the first 5 games of this year we had 9 sacks but in the last 11 we ended up with 8.

Worth noting Carlos Dunlap's sack numbers this year in CIN vs SEA.
CIN (7 games) - 1.0
SEA (8 games) - 5.0

If he had been with SEA all year, he may have put up 10+ on the season.
If he had been with CIN all year, he may have put up just 2-3.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It's so upsetting, especially being here in Cincinnati, because we all are die-hard for the Bengals and follow them to the end, only to get shit on by ownership.

It would make our entire years if we could just have decent seasons and, God forbid, win a playoff game, but Mike has done the same thing for 30 years and refuses to change to bring this city what it deserves.

Lou's going to waste an opportunity to have a winning year by being a shitty coordinator. Yes, he did have a solid stretch at the end of last season, but I'd rather not waste a year hoping that he can somehow replicate that success.

Completely not fair.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 03:04 PM)Joelist Wrote: Expect another season of awful defense next year.

Keeping Lou means we keep his bird brained scheme which has hurt our LBers a lot and combines the worst elements of WAY too soft zone coverage (using players demonstrably better in man) and their silly front seven alignment that makes the edges almost impossible to cover and contain.

its the perfect pairing for the clueless OC(ie HC)
Reply/Quote
Keeping is Lou is damn near worse than keeping ZT. Idc how many injuries theres no excuse for an nfl defense to be that bad. Have a feeling this is going to be a very bad look from the fan base
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 03:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Worth noting Carlos Dunlap's sack numbers this year in CIN vs SEA.
CIN (7 games) - 1.0
SEA (8 games) - 5.0

If he had been with SEA all year, he may have put up 10+ on the season.
If he had been with CIN all year, he may have put up just 2-3.

Benching Dunlap and not playing Geno are the two most frustrating things I have ever seen a Bengals team do and that is saying a lot.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Pathetic, I want to have a top Defense again. This ensures this doesn't happen unless Lou just magically improves.

Why not bring in a proven DC and a proven OC? I don't understand the FO's lack of wanting some proven coaches.

All Taylor and Lou have proven is they are bad.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 200.gif]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 04:01 PM)J24 Wrote: Benching Dunlap and not playing Geno are the two most frustrating things I have ever seen a Bengals team do and that is saying a lot.

My frustration with Atkins is why even allow him to go out there if he's really not able to play his normal level of play.
He was basically ineffective, so giving him those snaps was a waste.
After seeing him the past two seasons, I'm even less convinced he can get back to his old ways than if he had just been put on IR for this whole season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 04:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why not bring in a proven DC and a proven OC? I don't understand the FO's lack of wanting some proven coaches.

I'm guessing they know that they cannot get anyone decent to join Taylor's staff.  They had a hard enough time convincing people to join him with a fresh start in 2019.  Courting them now in 2021, with a potential lame-duck coach, is probably next to impossible.

I think because they chose to keep such a loser of a HC then resigned themselves to keeping such a loser of a DC.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 04:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm guessing they know that they cannot get anyone decent to join Taylor's staff.  They had a hard enough time convincing people to join him with a fresh start in 2019.  Courting them now in 2021, with a potential lame-duck coach, is probably next to impossible.

I think because they chose to keep such a loser of a HC then resigned themselves to keeping such a loser of a DC.

Well then they should fire Taylor then if he is the reason we cannot bring in any proven coaches.

Taylor is obviously the problem if this is the case. Even more so if it is.

I guarantee if we fired Taylor and brought in a guy like Wade Phillips and all new coaches the fans would be back on board.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 04:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm guessing they know that they cannot get anyone decent to join Taylor's staff.  They had a hard enough time convincing people to join him with a fresh start in 2019.  Courting them now in 2021, with a potential lame-duck coach, is probably next to impossible.

Zac said he would be making all staff decisions.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 04:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Zac said he would be making all staff decisions.

I am expecting Mike Sherman to be brought in and more coaches Taylor is familiar with.

I do like Sherman but still cannot be happy with us bringing back Lou if this is the case. Sad days. Sad
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 04:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am expecting Mike Sherman to be brought in and more coaches Taylor is familiar with.

I do like Sherman but still cannot be happy with us bringing back Lou if this is the case. Sad days. Sad

Mike brings back a HC that has been worse than Dave Shula. That HC brings back a DC who's units have allowed 4,750 yards rushing over the past 2 seasons.

You just can't make this shit up. The level of comfort with failure is just mind boggling with this organization. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 04:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am expecting Mike Sherman to be brought in and more coaches Taylor is familiar with.

(01-05-2021, 04:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Mike brings back a HC that has been worse than Dave Shula. That HC brings back a DC who's units have allowed 4,750 yards rushing over the past 2 seasons.

You just can't make this shit up. The level of comfort with failure is just mind boggling with this organization. 

I agree. I'd love to be a the Brown family dinner table to hear how they discuss operating an NFL team. It's a great mystery that nobody has been able to truly understand.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 04:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Mike brings back a HC that has been worse than Dave Shula. That HC brings back a DC who's units have allowed 4,750 yards rushing over the past 2 seasons.

and people said being a bengals fan wasnt a good enough reason for a medical card.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 11:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: If they didnt line up to work for ZT and company 2 years ago i dont think the last 2 years helped create any buzz

Getting a job with ZT is like uprooting and going all-in on a job with K-Mart.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 12:12 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: So Lou did BETTER this year with far less to work with than last year, and that's not improvement?  What am I not seeing?  

What you are not seeing is a DC coordinator who has ranked in the bottom tier both years on the job getting fired for it.
Reply/Quote