Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou Staying For 2021
(01-06-2021, 04:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I remember that clearly.  

But it actually gave me hope because the coaches never even considered his idea.  It showed me that Mike did not really have that much control.

Anyone old enough to remember when Ted Turner made himself manager of the Braves?

true i mean though while his suggestion was a little out there... was it really?  IT wasnt about using chris harrington long term at TE just a body to get thru practice cause i believe thats was when we just lost our last tight end minus Chase coffman who was recovering from a bowl game injury still.  it was presented in a way that made him look bad.. But its not like you can just call up a Couple TE's and fly them in for that days practice. (considering possibilities never hurts)

Not going to say it was a great idea...  But ive seen worse.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 06:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: true i mean though while his suggestion was a little out there... was it really? 

Yes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 12:44 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yes.

yes when taken out of context.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:18 PM)GodFather Wrote: If you listen to Zac's press conference and how he evaluates the Bengals performance this year, ya have to wonder what football games he's been watching for the past 4 months.

He is an offense genius. I think he knows what he is talking about. Can’t you all see that. We have a top 32 offense. What else do you want? It’s going to be fun soon.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:28 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Ah, so that MNF Pitt win that ML couldn’t sniff, let alone ZT and Lou does it with mostly backups.... yep, let’s crap on that.  We should probably also talk about Zac’s signature win against Tennessee being a bad thing too.  Yeah.  
Pitt win was awesome. Long time coming. Thank goodness Pitt played like crap on both sides of the ball. However we also lost to READSKINS, cowboys, New York.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 03:50 PM)Reinhardt23 Wrote: Ill keep my hopes up then.

Me too, I am too positive to let this stuff get me down.

Lou should be gone and I hope pretty damn soon.
Reply/Quote
I'll be honest, I'm really late to this thread I'll also admit that I haven't taken the time to read the first 131 posts, but I'll get to it later.

As to the news? I really don't find it all that surprising, as the defense continued to play hard throughout the season under Anarumo. Would I have preferred that the team go with a proven, trusted name? Absolutely, but I'm not sure that they could even lure a big name DC to come to Cincinnati, even if they offered him great pay and autonomy in decision making.

With that said, I think that there actually is a little hope for Lou to field a stout defense. Just give him a full roster of healthy players, add a pass rusher and another sure tackling DB, and they should rank in the top half of the league in both yards and scoring.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 11:46 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: yes when taken out of context.

Yes in any context. NFL level teams just don't do that kinda stuff. It was a clown show remark, hence the looks on the coach's faces.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 06:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep.

Lou's defense over the last 2 years: dead last in stopping the run and getting to the QB. Not a good combo.

And the Cowboys had a higher ranking defense then us this year (which isn't saying much) and they just fired their DC and DL coach today. I love how other teams are replacing coaches who fall short and the Bengals remain "bullish"

Did I miss the memo on the definition of Mike Browns "bullish" - non competitive?
Reply/Quote
Part of the problem is the mistaken idea that if the players "play hard" for a coach then the coach is okay. There is more to coaching than motivation - there is scheme, teaching technique and even good old fashioned play calling. And Lou is awful in all three of those.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 11:06 PM)GodFather Wrote: And the Cowboys had a higher ranking defense then us this year (which isn't saying much) and they just fired their DC and DL coach today. I love how other teams are replacing coaches who fall short and the Bengals remain "bullish"

Did I miss the memo on the definition of Mike Browns "bullish" - non competitive?

You may have missed this entire season I guess... you know, where our defense wasn't on the field due to injury.  

At some point you all must realize that there's a reason these coaches are staying, and it's not because any of you are more intelligent.  
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 12:56 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: You may have missed this entire season I guess... you know, where our defense wasn't on the field due to injury.  

At some point you all must realize that there's a reason these coaches are staying, and it's not because any of you are more intelligent.  

Defense not on the field being the main point of your post. I would agree with you....they weren’t. 
Reply/Quote
I think Hobson's article put's it kind of right in your face.... playing #4-6 on the D Line and playing #4-6 corners. You aren't going to win many games playing that deep into the depth chart, I don't care who you are.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 12:56 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: You may have missed this entire season I guess... you know, where our defense wasn't on the field due to injury.  

It could be laziness. Apathy. Penny pinching. Arrogance. 

I'm going with a helping of Arrogance, with penny pinching on the side, and a dash of laziness.

Whether or not I'm more intelligent than any or all of the Bengals Brain Trust remains to be seen. I'd be willing to match wits with anyone in that office, be it Chess, The Operational Art of War, or any number of Festivus Feats of Intelligence ... .

Hell, we could go Avalon Hill's Gettysburg, I'll take the Confederate side just to be fair.

Or philosophy. You want me to prove God exists? Why dontcha prove to me You exist? (Careful! Could be a trap)

Yeah, that's me, snickering.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 07:20 PM)SladeX Wrote: Avalon Hill's Gettysburg

Oh shit, I still have Wooden Ships and Iron Men, D-Day, Battle of the Bulge and Waterloo, with all their pieces. My Gettysburg got ****** up though and I'm missing half the cavalry and artillery pieces for some reason.
Reply/Quote
Hey! Fellow wargamers?!?!?!

I have all of those and much more! By the way, offer to play them in France '40 with you being the French...
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 08:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:  I haven't taken the time to read the first 131 posts, but I'll get to it later.

*Bang Bang*

Mrs Sunset screaming into the door "Honey you've been in the bathroom a very long time, everything ok?!?"
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2021, 09:12 PM)GodFather Wrote: *Bang Bang*

Mrs Sunset screaming into the door "Honey you've been in the bathroom a very long time, everything ok?!?"

Nah, Sunset doesn't do the board on his phone.  I've got the board up on one of my computer monitors, as I passively watch the NFL playoffs on the big screen.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2021, 06:00 PM)Joelist Wrote: Hey! Fellow wargamers?!?!?!

I have all of those and much more! By the way, offer to play them in France '40 with you being the French...

Character builder, lol. AHs attempt at the Kobayashi Maru. 
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
The Cowboys just hired Dan Quinn. He was just there for the taking.
Reply/Quote