Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MJ Cut, Barkley IRed
(09-02-2018, 06:54 PM)pally Wrote: no pay cut....he re-signed the same contract he had before he was cut

How bizarre, it's not like another team was going to snap him up at that pay rate.  I'm a bit curious as to how that works.  If he's cut, isn't he a free agent, making his previous contract null and void?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?conference=null&statisticPositionCategory=DEFENSIVE_LINEMAN&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2017&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=1&role=

This is interesting and I never would have guessed it. Notable rankings to look at: 20 and 31.

Maybe there is something I’m missing but the more I look at this, the more I don’t understand.

Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Just when we thought he was gone, he’s back lol
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
So to recap:

They cut him
They bring him back the next day
Same money
1 year deal...which is all he had left anyway

I'm confused as to why they even cut him. Shocked
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 08:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So to recap:

They cut him
They bring him back the next day
Same money
1 year deal...which is all he had left anyway

I'm confused as to why they even cut him.  Shocked

Roster rules gymnastics.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
they may have cut him.to.see if there better options on the market.
Guys like John Simon Nate Orchard and Carl Nassib arent any better than him.
his snaps will be between 25 to.30 this year.
less snaps maybe more production
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 08:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Roster rules gymnastics.

I guess that's the only explanation. Can't say I've seen anything like this before though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 08:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I guess that's the only explanation. Can't say I've seen anything like this before though.

Personally, I'm a bit puzzled as to why they would pay him the full amount of his final year on the contract.  Maybe it's to be considered a "retirement bonus" from Mr. checkbook?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If i'm MJ, i'm not sure if i'm happy or sad that the Bengals cut me because they knew no one would pick me up and they could just re-sign me without taking a chance of losing someone else on the roster.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Another quality free agent signing. Man what an amazing off-season for Mike Brown and crew.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 08:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Personally, I'm a bit puzzled as to why they would pay him the full amount of his final year on the contract.  Maybe it's to be considered a "retirement bonus" from Mr. checkbook?

It has to be. Like you said, nobody else was going to come with that offer.
Reply/Quote
Rewarding an (almost) life long Bengal for his veteran locker room presence,and contributions throughout his tenure. I like it. It actually shows some integrity by MB,ML,& the FO. Nothing wrong with this imho.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 08:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It has to be. Like you said, nobody else was going to come with that offer.

It was because they trusted him to not sign anywhere else.  They probably told him when they cut him they had to keep 2 guys to get them on ir and told him they would sign him back at full salary after they sneak their guys to the ir without losing one of them the full season.  It was simply a roster move to get our guys to ir by cutting a veteran they trusted to be loyal and come back.
Reply/Quote
The whole same-money thing is what surprises me, but I guess the FO didn’t care since they got their two main deals done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This was us gaming the new IR rules. Actually it is a bit impressive.
Reply/Quote
I saw they saved money cutting him and resigning him. Where is everyone seeing this about the same contract!?

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I can't remember. When he left for Tampa Bay did he want more money or what exactly happened?
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 09:00 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I saw they saved money cutting him and resigning him. Where is everyone seeing this about the same contract!?

Nothing official from the team yet, other than Hobson's article about MJ saying he was back. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 09:00 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I saw they saved money cutting him and resigning him. Where is everyone seeing this about the same contract!?

This is where I'm at. All I've seen is MJ saying he is back. Nothing from the team and nothing about numbers.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote