Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MJ Waived
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1432738602665054208

[Image: ha0w56u.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow's other leg is breathing a sigh of relief Ninja
Reply/Quote
I’m sure there will be some champagne bottles popping out there.

Cant be upset about dropping him, but there is a lot of rookie depth on this line which gets me nervous. Hope we found some gems but history says otherwise.
Reply/Quote
He looked better in preseason, but I wasn't a big fan of MJ when he was drafted either.
Reply/Quote
He played better this offseason for sure and he will get another crack, just wont be here.

To the person who was convinced he could play Center better than Hill....guess not.
Reply/Quote
Holy shit... I thought he played decent in the pre-season.

Do we have a signing in the wings or are we just not interested in depth on the interior Oline?
Reply/Quote
I was hoping he drew more trade interest but not surprising considering teams only really carry 9OL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 01:23 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Holy shit... I thought he played decent in the pre-season.

Do we have a signing in the wings or are we just not interested in depth on the interior Oline?

They are keeping 6 inside I’m guessing, how many guys do you think they are carrying?
Reply/Quote
Would not be surprised to see him land on the practice squad

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 01:28 PM)pally Wrote: Would not be surprised to see him land on the practice squad

I’d venture to say he doesn’t clear waivers.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 01:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: They are keeping 6 inside I’m guessing, how many guys do you think they are carrying?

Also it's about versatility in the backups both Jackson Carman and D'Ante Smith have T/G versatility and Trey Hill has C/G.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 01:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: They are keeping 6 inside I’m guessing, how many guys do you think they are carrying?

OT - Jonah, Reiff, Johnson
C - Hopkins, Hill
OG - Spain, XSF, Smith, Carman
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think these two recent moves (Price and Jordan) really illustrate just how little you can put into the news stories coming out of training camp and the preseason.

How many times have we heard Price was looking great, and he may start? How many times did we hear that Jordan was improving under the tutelage of Pollack? Now they're both gone in a matter of 24 hours.

This is why I warned people about the reports out of camp that Joe Burrow and the offense were struggling, or that Carman was a disaster. Good and bad, it seems we get sucked into these stories every year. The problem is we're listening to reports about practice, meaningless games, and from writers who are either relying on fluff or creating talking points for clicks and views.

This is why I don't buy anything I hear during this time year, and why I always say wake me up when the season starts. I don't want to hear about how good the defense is looking, or how bad Player X is playing. I just don't care. I don't believe any of it (positive or negative) until it actually matters.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 01:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: OT - Jonah, Reiff, Johnson
C - Hopkins, Hill
OG - Spain, XSF, Smith, Carman

I could see that, but i think they carry 10 OL, so I could see Fred sliding in the last OT spot.  I wasn't a fan of him last year, but he seemed "ok" in preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 01:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: He played better this offseason for sure and he will get another crack, just wont be here.

To the person who was convinced he could play Center better than Hill....guess not.

Lol just another jewel in your crown oh wise one. Doesn’t mean Hill will be any better.
Reply/Quote

I dunno. I guess I'm just surprised they have decided that all of the back ups along the IOL will be rookies. That's putting a ton of faith in rookies.
Reply/Quote
Next year we'll lose XSF and Spain. Not sure I agree with selling youth for aged vets at the end of their career on 1 year contracts.

XSF didn't look that good in preseason. ZT is acting like Marvin with his vets being his security blanket. Not saying MJ should have started, but we had 2 more years left to develop him and now we have NO backups at guard come 2022. Looks like draft will be Oline heavy again.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 01:34 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I dunno. I guess I'm just surprised they have decided that all of the back ups along the IOL will be rookies. That's putting a ton of faith in rookies.

I think Carman steals a starting job sooner than later so one of them will be a vet when that happens.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 01:31 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think these two recent moves (Price and Jordan) really illustrate just how little you can put into the news stories coming out of training camp and the preseason.

How many times have we heard Price was looking great, and he may start?  How many times did we hear that Jordan was improving under the tutelage of Pollack?  Now they're both gone in a matter of 24 hours.

This is why I warned people about the reports out of camp that Joe Burrow and the offense were struggling, or that Carman was a disaster.  Good and bad, it seems we get sucked into these stories every year.  The problem is we're listening to reports about practice, meaningless games, and from writers who are either relying on fluff or creating talking points for clicks and views.

This is why I don't buy anything I hear during this time year, and why I always say wake me up when the season starts.  I don't want to hear about how good the defense is looking, or how bad Player X is playing.  I just don't care.  I don't believe any of it (positive or negative) until it actually matters.

Actually, I think it's just the opposite. It is the reports on improvement in camp and his play in the pre season games that made Price worth another team trading for. For our team though, I think it was just a case of too little too late.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 01:32 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: I could see that, but i think they carry 10 OL, so I could see Fred sliding in the last OT spot.  I wasn't a fan of him last year, but he seemed "ok" in preseason.

I'd venture to guess Adeniji technically is the 10th OL until after cuts, then he goes to IR.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote