Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MJD Said Chiefs Should Be Most Afraid Of Bengals!
On Good Morning Football, MJD said that the Chiefs should be the most afraid of us because of all our weapons! He has us going to the Super Bowl!

All the analysts picked the Bengals to beat the Raiders!

Sorry that I couldn't find the video format to post in this thread, but here's a link to the prediction on Twitter!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 06:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: On Good Morning Football, MJD said that the Chiefs should be the most afraid of us because of all our weapons! He has us going to the Super Bowl!

Sorry that I couldn't find the video format to post in this thread, but here's a link to the prediction on Twitter!

WHO-DEY!

Bengals have to get to Chiefs first.

Personally, I hope the Bengals don't see the Chiefs until the AFC Championship Game (or at all).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 07:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals have to get to Chiefs first.

Personally, I hope the Bengals don't see the Chiefs until the AFC Championship Game (or at all).

funny but on Sunday Night football both Drew Brees and Dungy were very bullish on the Bengies....my my how things have changed!!
Burrow and all those FAs + performing draft picks are really turning things around. Remember those depressing and somber John Ross, Ogblewie Yrs? 
Reply/Quote
This team is 1 or 2 OL upgrades from scoring 34 points a game with a pretty solid defense.
Even now with the current OL the Joe's can put up 30 points a game.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 07:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals have to get to Chiefs first.

So you rooting for Pitt to upset KC ?  Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 06:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: On Good Morning Football, MJD said that the Chiefs should be the most afraid of us because of all our weapons! He has us going to the Super Bowl!

WHO-DEY!

STOP!!! It never works out when it looks like it should work out. Not necessarily the Super Bowl, but winning the first game. We were supposed to roll the Chargers one year. I hate reading this shit and getting my hopes up. I’m damaged goods.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 10:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote: STOP!!! It never works out when it looks like it should work out. Not necessarily the Super Bowl, but winning the first game. We were supposed to roll the Chargers one year. I hate reading this shit and getting my hopes up. I’m damaged goods.

I know but this year's different! It's a different era!

We're bringing home the first playoff win in THIRTY YEARS!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 10:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote: STOP!!! It never works out when it looks like it should work out. Not necessarily the Super Bowl, but winning the first game. We were supposed to roll the Chargers one year. I hate reading this shit and getting my hopes up. I’m damaged goods.

Or the Jets in 2010, when Carson Palmer and the Bengals were beaten by the Mark Sanchez-led Jets. 

I think Bengals fans have been through enough to keep a level head this year and not get caught up fantasizing based on the point spread and hopeful analyses being propagated.  Very pleasant things to see and hear, but I suspect for most Bengals fans its a whistling-through-the-graveyard feeling as they read these things.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 10:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I know but this year's different! It's a different era!

We're bringing home the first playoff win in THIRTY YEARS!

Analytically, based on the knowledge I have, I would pick the Bengals to win. But I’m sitting here thinking their chances aren’t great, and I know it’s ridiculous and to be honest it takes the damn fun out of it. History has zero effect on today. Back in the 80’s I expected them to win every game. I’ll be at the game Saturday, and I’m literally trying to reverse my brain. God I would love a Steelers type game where it was over halfway through the second quarter. Celebrating during the whole second half would be incredible. Unfortunately those don’t come along very often.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

We all are. Thankfully Keyshawn Johnson is still alive and yapping. He said that he trust Derek Carr more than Burrow in the playoffs. I am sure Key has plenty of more gasoline to throw on the Burrow fire before Saturday. I am so happy that pompous man is a Raiders fan. 
Reply/Quote

This is literally every Bengals fan over the age of 6.  I get it.

But remember, there are NO CURSES.  There are NO JINXES.  And most importantly, the guy that is controlling this offense has zero fear and only belief in himself and his team. 

Now, excuse me while I make sure the football on my reading area coffee stand points directly at the SOFI stadium, I drink from the black Bengals coffee mug (that is Wednesday), and I arrange the pillows on the sectional in the exact places they were during the 2nd half of the Chiefs game.  
Reply/Quote
Yes, as some point out there are reasons to be wary, cautious, even skeptical, but the facts are that the Raiders are gonna have an EXTREMELY tough time dealing with the Bengal's three-headed receiving monster of Tee, Tyler, and JaMarr to go along with Uzi and Joe M. The defense is not too shabby either.
Reply/Quote

I feel this
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 08:58 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: So you rooting for Pitt to upset KC ?  Mellow
NE
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 08:58 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: So you rooting for Pitt to upset KC ?  Mellow

It would make the path to the SB easier. I see it more as a win win regardless of the outcome. Steelers get knocked out, or bengals don’t face chiefs in 2nd or 3rd round
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 09:34 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: It would make the path to the SB easier. I see it more as a win win regardless of the outcome.  Steelers get knocked out, or bengals don’t face chiefs in 2nd or 3rd round

It all comes down to who we want to play against, KC or Shitsburgh and the refs.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 09:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It all comes down to who we want to play against, KC or Shitsburgh and the refs.

When you beat the pi** out of your opponents, refs can’t make a difference.

That said, I’d rather go into arrowhead and beat the best. The thought of a repeat of 2005 (Steelers lowest seed, wins Super Bowl, Bettis off in the sunset) grosses me out.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 09:38 AM)Bengalbug Wrote:
When you beat the pi** out of your opponents, refs can’t make a difference.  

That said, I’d rather go into arrowhead and beat the best.   The thought of a repeat of 2005 (Steelers lowest seed, wins Super Bowl, Bettis off in the sunset) grosses me out.

This is true, which is why I said last week if we play them we have to stomp them, because if it's a close game, the zebras will get involved.
Reply/Quote

You realize the Bengals wouldn't play the Chiefs if the Bills also win this weekend, right?
The Bills would play the Chiefs in the next round, the Bengals would play the Titans.
In that scenario, the only way the Bengals would play Chiefs is in the AFC Champ Game...or not at all if the Bills beat the Chiefs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

1) I understand your pain. I wasn't even a teenager when my Bengals fandom began with the '88 - '89 season. I thought we were on the level, and would forever be, of the Montana/Rice 49'ers. I suffered the '90s and like most of us here, the Marvin Lewis era of coming up short despite some regular season success.

2) If something bad happens and we lose to the Raiders (please don't let it be in a Bungles type of way), remember, it's not the fault of positive posts on this board. We're all just the Bengal-fan peons praying to the football gods for our moment of NFL glory.

3) My hopes are up. I'm optimistic. We have Burrow, Chase, and a team that is playing like fire right now. Embrace the homer posts.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote