Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ML Gone! Fans Reaction Prediction Thread
I really wanted to respect Marvin after all he did for us, but he just slapped me in the face by endorsing Hue Jackson as HC on his way out the door. Thanks jerkface. He knows that will send us back to the 90's. I hope Mike doesnt listen.
Reply/Quote
Sorry, I've been out for a while. Have I missed anything?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:43 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: Sorry, I've been out for a while. Have I missed anything?
Hilarious
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  
This roster needs a lot of work. The O-line and LBing corps needs a complete overhaul. They need to figure out the TE situation as well. Just a lot of things that need to be addressed and decisions that need to be made.

Whoever the new head coach is, his success in year 1 is very much going to depend on what they get accomplished this offseason. It's not like he'll be walking into a perfect situation where there's not some serious work that needs to done.
:andy:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My hope is that an outside coach will come in and not be afraid to waive underperforming veterans and use that money to sign some free agents.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: My hope is that an outside coach will come in and not be afraid to waive underperforming veterans and use that money to sign some free agents.

That would be a breath of fresh air. And speaking of air, i won't be holding my breath.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:29 PM)McC Wrote: I predict the path of least resistance.

Sadly, you are likely correct, but I hope you aren't.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: My hope is that an outside coach will come in and not be afraid to waive underperforming veterans and use that money to sign some free agents.

Mikey will overrule such actions. That's why Ogbuehi has been on the roster?

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:58 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Sadly, you are likely correct, but I hope you aren't.

So do I.  So do we all.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:00 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Mikey will overrule such actions. That's why Ogbuehi has been on the roster?

Then, any coach who comes in will be limited on success.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:43 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: Sorry, I've been out for a while. Have I missed anything?

34, where ya been ?

Ummmmm a little haha
Reply/Quote
Is this real life?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:00 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Mikey will overrule such actions. That's why Ogbuehi has been on the roster?

We've received one miracle, when it rains it pours. ummmm well let's hope
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We've received one miracle, when it rains it pours. ummmm well let's hope

I hope so too.

Actually, I hope Katie just steps in and pushes Mikey to the background, or under the ground.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Then, any coach who comes in will be limited on success.

Every coach who has come here since Mike Brown took over has been limited in success. Just saying.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Then, any coach who comes in will be limited on success.

Clearly, he needed to go, but Marvin was merely a symptom. Mike Brown is allergic to success and immune to the evolution of the game. It's why Marvin lasted as long as he did. Mike wants a head coach that fits him, not one that fits the demands of an ever changing league. This team desperately needs an overhaul and I think we all know that's not going to happen.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can we really celebrate something that is 6 years too late?

Odds are they go with a former Bengal: Bienemy, Joseph, Zimmer, Jackson, or Gruden.

Other than that...impossible to know.

Kinda like waiting 6 years for that pizza to arrive, but I'll take it. It's a good day.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:35 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Hue Jackson or Vance Joseph.  

Hope I'm wrong.

I am just guessing it will he Hue Jackson,and that is just a guess.The man I do believe is ready to change this team for the better.I think he learned a ton about what not to do,but he needs good people around him to keep players movatied and balling out.Marvin will probably go somewhere he can be a DC as according to his departure,he mentioned that's something he wants.I just hope its not in the AFC north but I would bet he is with the ravens or browns.It would not surprise me.He loves to coach the defense and he should stay here and do just that.IF hue is the guy and to me he is by far the best IN HOUSE guy.The rest will struggle and Simmons is not HC material.He will fail badly and the players will not follow him.Just sayin.
Reply/Quote
Darrin Simmons will be interviewed per nfl network,and in my opinion,most likely has the job,for sure.Although I would prefer Bruce Arians.He would be my #1 choice.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:42 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You are probably correct. I'm on the Matt LeFleur wagon right now. I hope we go outside the organization and bring in someone that is with the times. I look at the 2 young coaches in the playoffs, McVay and Nagy and how their teams went from bad to good by changing the culture. 

(12-31-2018, 04:23 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I am just guessing it will he Hue Jackson,and that is just a guess.The man I do believe is ready to change this team for the better.I think he learned a ton about what not to do,but he needs good people around him to keep players movatied and balling out.Marvin will probably go somewhere he can be a DC as according to his departure,he mentioned that's something he wants.I just hope its not in the AFC north but I would bet he is with the ravens or browns.It would not surprise me.He loves to coach the defense and he should stay here and do just that.IF hue is the guy and to me he is by far the best IN HOUSE guy.The rest will struggle and Simmons is not HC material.He will fail badly and the players will not follow him.Just sayin.

Seeing how well Mayfield and the Browns played after he left makes Hue my last choice. Hire an offensive coach from outside of the organization (prob won’t happen but I can dream)
Reply/Quote