Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ML Gone! Fans Reaction Prediction Thread
(12-31-2018, 03:12 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: Clearly, he needed to go, but Marvin was merely a symptom. Mike Brown is allergic to success and immune to the evolution of the game. It's why Marvin lasted as long as he did. Mike wants a head coach that fits him, not one that fits the demands of an ever changing league. This team desperately needs an overhaul and I think we all know that's not going to happen.

I believe all of us fans are going to be very surprised by his pick as remember the whole family will be in on the pick,not just him and the last time I wrote the Bengals,I suggested some people all of us would welcome here,like some of the old school guys that have kept up with the technology of sports and having a young mind to make it work and they are former players out there waiting in the wings for the family to give them a call.I know this for a fact,like Mr. Dave Lapham,who would make a great assistant coach for offense.Ken Riley would be a great coach for the D secondary,How about Chad Johnson with the receivers.HE would be a great addition in the right group of coaches to keep him focused and T.J. Housh would be a great coach for receivers and tight ends. Just sayin.How about big Anthony Munoz for HC. Talk about filling the stadium opening day.Who-Dey !!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:37 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I believe all of us fans are going to be very surprised by his pick as remember the whole family will be in on the pick,not just him and the last time I wrote the Bengals,I suggested some people all of us would welcome here,like some of the old school guys that have kept up with the technology of sports and having a young mind to make it work and they are former players out there waiting in the wings for the family to give them a call.I know this for a fact,like Mr. Dave Lapham,who would make a great assistant coach for offense.Ken Riley would be a great coach for the D secondary,How about Chad Johnson with the receivers.HE would be a great addition in the right group of coaches to keep him focused and T.J. Housh would be a great coach for receivers and tight ends. Just sayin.How about big Anthony Munoz for HC. Talk about filling the stadium opening day.Who-Dey !!!!

Good God, man.  Would it kill you to use paragraphs?  They're free.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ML is gone, he should have been gone a long time ago. So, who is next, but more importantly how do fans react to process and then selection of our next HC?

I looked into my crystal ball and here are some of my predictions:

Some fans will lock onto their guy, if he is not picked, MB will be called out as a moron for choosing the POS

Some fans will be all giddy, until in 2019 we have another losing record.

It is about winning in the NFL, winning now and not next year or 2 years from now with a veteran team. The new guy needs to get us back to the playoffs and a playoff win minimum, if not he will also be a failure in my eyes.

So, what are your predictions to our fans reactions?

Just amazed this actually happened, still trying to let it sink in. Thought Marv would be back from what everyone
was saying cause of the injuries. We needed a change so damn bad, this could be the move that gets us somewhere
just hope they don't hire Hue as the HC. That is my only concern now.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:37 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I believe all of us fans are going to be very surprised by his pick as remember the whole family will be in on the pick,not just him and the last time I wrote the Bengals,I suggested some people all of us would welcome here,like some of the old school guys that have kept up with the technology of sports and having a young mind to make it work and they are former players out there waiting in the wings for the family to give them a call.I know this for a fact,like Mr. Dave Lapham,who would make a great assistant coach for offense.Ken Riley would be a great coach for the D secondary,How about Chad Johnson with the receivers.HE would be a great addition in the right group of coaches to keep him focused and T.J. Housh would be a great coach for receivers and tight ends. Just sayin.How about big Anthony Munoz for HC. Talk about filling the stadium opening day.Who-Dey !!!!

I think Dave Lapham would kick butt as a General Manager. Oh, and what McC said about paragraphs....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: just hope they don't hire Hue as the HC. That is my only concern now.

I’m not worried about that happening at all. Mike Brown won’t replace mediocre with abysmal.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m not worried about that happening at all.  Mike Brown won’t replace mediocre with abysmal.

Thank you, that is what i was wanting to hear. ThumbsUp

I don't think we need to hurry this hire either as a few of the Head Coaching candidates will be in the playoffs
in Beinemy, Fangio, Campbell etc. It might be better to wait it out and see who the best one is IMO.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thank you, that is what i was wanting to hear. ThumbsUp

I don't think we need to hurry this hire either as a few of the Head Coaching candidates will be in the playoffs
in Beinemy, Fangio, Campbell etc. It might be better to wait it out and see who the best one is IMO.

Maybe — but there are guys like Mike McCarthy who might be interesting to interview now. I want someone who has won a Super Bowl before to coach Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thank you, that is what i was wanting to hear. ThumbsUp

Well just read, 2 in house coaches will be interviewed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001006501/article/nfl-coaching-tracker-latest-news-developments

Lazor
Simmons - They said he has a great shot!

My guess heads will explode with the fan base if Bengals stay in house
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Be careful what you wish for.  Full disclosure:  Pre 1968 I was a Browns backer.  It took me a few years to wean myself from the likes of Jim Brown, Leroy Kelly, Dr Frank Ryan, Paul Warfield and that lovable kicker, Lou Groza.  During the 1980s, I cheered my Bengals to two Superbowls, only to be defeated by our archenemies the 49ers.  Then came the Dark Ages of the 90s and early aughts.  From 2003 through 2018, Marvin Lewis brought the Bengals organization back to respectability.  Now it's anyone's guess - will it be feast or famine?  Only the Brown family knows for sure...
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Maybe — but there are guys like Mike McCarthy who might be interesting to interview now.  I want someone who has won a Super Bowl before to coach Cincinnati.

Yeah, would be very happy with McCarthy as well.

(12-31-2018, 04:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well just read, 2 in house coaches will be interviewed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001006501/article/nfl-coaching-tracker-latest-news-developments

Lazor
Simmons - They said he has a great shot!

My guess heads will explode with the fan base if Bengals stay in house

Bogus, i think Simmons is a good ST's coach but we need someone proven as a HC like FIK says here in McCarthy
or someone up and coming that is innovative and aggressive. Not saying Simmons wouldn't be this but he still has
the Marv stink on him which is what we need to get rid of. Give me someone fresh.

Fabreze this place man.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:58 PM)Clodhopper Wrote: Be careful what you wish for.  Full disclosure:  Pre 1968 I was a Browns backer.  It took me a few years to wean myself from the likes of Jim Brown, Leroy Kelly, Dr Frank Ryan, Paul Warfield and that lovable kicker, Lou Groza.  During the 1980s, I cheered my Bengals to two Superbowls, only to be defeated by our archenemies the 49ers.  Then came the Dark Ages of the 90s and early aughts.  From 2003 through 2018, Marvin Lewis brought the Bengals organization back to respectability.  Now it's anyone's guess - will it be feast or famine?  Only the Brown family knows for sure...

Eh, atleast we will know that we have a shot if we ever get into the Playoffs with anyone besides Marvin Lewis.

People used to say, "once you get into the Playoffs, anything can happen."

With Marv we knew what was going to happen, we would lose. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:12 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: Clearly, he needed to go, but Marvin was merely a symptom. Mike Brown is allergic to success and immune to the evolution of the game. It's why Marvin lasted as long as he did. Mike wants a head coach that fits him, not one that fits the demands of an ever changing league. This team desperately needs an overhaul and I think we all know that's not going to happen.

Yeah, getting rid of Marvin is a much needed and overdue move, and hiring a new HC from outside the organization would be another solid step in the right direction...but, there's still the glaring problem named Mike Brown. 
Reply/Quote
If it wasn't raining so hard, fans would be dancing in the streets. And who knows, maybe some are anyway.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Now fire the rest of the staff, trade Dalton, and cut Burfict.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know one fan reaction we will NOT get.

None of the guys who have been wearing out the keyboards guaranteeing over and over again the "Marvin is going nowhere" will eat any crow.

I didn't think he was going anywhere, but I was wrong so I'll take a helping.

On the other hand, I wasn't wearing out my keyboard, so I'll just throw the crow in the garbage. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 05:36 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Now fire the rest of the staff, trade Dalton, and cut Burfict.

Shouldn't be necessary.  He has to retire.  Seven concussions, two this year?  

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:43 PM)McC Wrote: Good God, man.  Would it kill you to use paragraphs?  They're free.

Wait, what?  Then why do I keep getting invoices from 'Holic for paragraph overages?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Maybe — but there are guys like Mike McCarthy who might be interesting to interview now.  I want someone who has won a Super Bowl before to coach Cincinnati.

I like the idea of somebody who has won a ring before as a head coach.
Reply/Quote
Just to keep things in perspective. The opinion of a non-homer.

http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire.php
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:33 PM)Yogo Wrote: Just to keep things in perspective.  The opinion of a non-homer.

http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire.php

Wally once again proving what an utterly clueless dumbass he is.

Reply/Quote