Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ML on Bengals
Quote:I don’t think I’ll be watching the Bengals. The players there are near and dear to my heart but that’s it.

Podcast

The Bengals gave him almost 20 years of loyalty and he says this? I'm not sure I understand why the lack of respect in this statement
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 10:27 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Podcast

The Bengals gave him almost 20 years of loyalty and he says this? I'm not sure I understand why the lack of respect in this statement

like Arizona gets Bengals games.... lol

Besides he be busy helping Herm...  I'm guessing he will keep up on the bengals and in touch with some of his former players.    But just cause he was a coach here doesn't mean he has to watch every game in the future does it?
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 10:27 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Podcast

Respect goes both ways. Read the name calling of trashing by fans of ML in this forum. I don't blame him, I will also tell those fans to KMA. ML has moved on, yet fans still can't resist trashing him. Where is the loyalty and TY from the fans for helping turn this franchise around? You give zero respect, you get zero respect.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 10:33 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: like Arizona gets Bengals games.... lol

Besides he be busy helping Herm...  I'm guessing he will keep up on the bengals and in touch with some of his former players.    But just cause he was a coach here doesn't mean he has to watch every game in the future does it?

Sure, not arguing he's not busy or has to watch them, but the way he answered the question was essentially saying he wants nothing to do with the FO in any capacity. He said I want to keep in touch with the players but I have no interest in anything else the Bengals are doing. Does that not seem like sour grapes to you? 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 10:36 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Respect goes both ways. Read the name calling of trashing by fans of ML in this forum. I don't blame him, I will also tell those fans to KMA. ML has moved on, yet fans still can't resist trashing him. Where is the loyalty and TY from the fans for helping turn this franchise around? You give zero respect, you get zero respect.

His comments looked like they were directed at the FO. Either way, there are tons of fans that wished him well and thank you. Not entirely fair to judge an entire fanbase on a small group of assholes either. 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 10:43 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: His comments looked like they were directed at the FO. Either way, there are tons of fans that wished him well and thank you. Not entirely fair to judge an entire fanbase on a small group of assholes either. 

Small group?

That is not true. Also, I saw nothing saying it was the FO, he left it open to be FO and/or fans. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
it is not unusual for a coach to put their old teams behind them regardless of the reasons they left. It is part of the mentality that allows them to put last weeks loss behind him A coach has to be looking at the future. The Bengals are his past.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 10:47 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Small group?

That is not true. Also, I saw nothing saying it was the FO, he left it open to be FO and/or fans. 

Yes, small group that trashed ML. Were more people glad he was gone? Probably. But please show me a large portion of people who "trashed" ML? Maybe they crapped on his PO or prime-time record. Those are facts about his coaching record, not him as a person. But to say a large amount of fans trashed ML is not true. 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 10:54 AM)pally Wrote: it is not unusual for a coach to put their old teams behind them regardless of the reasons they left.  It is part of the mentality that allows them to put last weeks loss behind him  A coach has to be looking at the future.  The Bengals are his past.

True, but that usually applies for coaches who are not there but a few years. ML was here for 16 years. Just thought there would be a deeper connection for someone who spent that long with a team. 
Reply/Quote
Marvin put in 16 seasons as coach of this team, it would seem perfectly healthy for him to not watch the games closely this season. What? You thought he would sit in front of the TV, agonizing about not coaching them anymore??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This thread is a perfect example of how crazy some fans are. Marvin did not say a single bad word about anyone yet he is trashed for not respecting the fans.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 11:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This thread is a perfect example of how crazy some fans are. Marvin did not say a single bad word about anyone yet he is trashed for not respecting the fans.

How did I trash him?
Reply/Quote
Good ol Mike Brown...isn't popular and never wins. The guy is the total package.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 11:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This thread is a perfect example of how crazy some fans are. Marvin did not say a single bad word about anyone yet he is trashed for not respecting the fans.

It was assumed he was trashing the FO. But, in truth you are correct, ML did not trash anyone, but his integrity was thrown into question.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 11:16 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: How did I trash him?

Accused him of being disrespectful and vindictive.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 11:18 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It was assumed he was trashing the FO. But, in truth you are correct, ML did not trash anyone, but his integrity was thrown into question.

Exactly how long does he have to watch bengal games to maintain his integrity?

This is absurd.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 11:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Exactly how long does he have to watch bengal games to maintain his integrity?

This is absurd.

I agree with you Fred. It is one more attempt (this thread) to trash ML whether the poster wants to admit it or not. It was not started to thank ML, that is certain.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 11:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree with you Fred. It is one more attempt (this thread) to trash ML whether the poster wants to admit it or not. It was not started to thank ML, that is certain.

Lol, I'll admit when I am wrong and that was not the intention. It was started to have a discussion. I guess you guys are guilty for the similar accusatory remarks toward me tho, right? figured it doesn't work both ways. 
Reply/Quote
Here's a crazy, way out there thought, maybe Marvin has moved on???? He's always been pretty tight lipped about his relationship with MB, maybe he's not digging up dirt on an old friend. Somehow I don't think ML loses sleep over what fans think either.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 10:36 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Respect goes both ways. Read the name calling of trashing by fans of ML in this forum. I don't blame him, I will also tell those fans to KMA. ML has moved on, yet fans still can't resist trashing him. Where is the loyalty and TY from the fans for helping turn this franchise around? You give zero respect, you get zero respect.

I don't think Marvin is disrespecting the Bengals at all. This team obviously was an important part of his life and he is still raw over what happened this offseason and probably needs to be disconnected emotionally and start the next chapter whatever that may be. 
Reply/Quote