Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Mac Jones cheap shot
(12-25-2022, 11:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Damn that was bad and late. That should have for sure got a flag, two full steps by Judon.

I thought that one did get flagged? 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 12:56 PM)TheFan Wrote: I thought that one did get flagged? 

It did
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Video 
(12-25-2022, 02:03 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: So I missed his cheap shot during the game but the league should at least fine him for this. He goes back away from the Bengals ball carrier and cuts at Apples knees like he’s blocking but he is a defender at that point.

Really cheap and I lost a lot of respect for him after seeing this.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2022/12/24/23525764/mac-jones-eli-apple-bengals-vs-patriots

He needs to be fined,along with Judon.
Reply/Quote
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mac-jones-reportedly-facing-possible-suspension-following-dirty-play-vs-bengals/ar-AA15G3Ko?li=BBnbfcL
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 01:55 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mac-jones-reportedly-facing-possible-suspension-following-dirty-play-vs-bengals/ar-AA15G3Ko?li=BBnbfcL

Well that was a click bait title.  "Reportedly facing possible suspension" means the league is considering suspension.  Instead, per the article suspension is reported as unlikely.  But because Florio made and article that points out that suspension is among the permissible disciplines for the action, they use that to justify the headline.  Unreal.

As to the play itself, I don't think it was a dirty intent.  That's how QBs are taught to block and tackle, go low on your own and trip the guy up instead of letting him possibly getting his hands on the QB and shoving him down in a way that can get the QB hurt.  Hell, Burrow tried to tackle the returner the same way on the INT (the pick six?).  I don't disagree that the play was unnecessary on Jones' part or that it could have led to injury, but I just don't think he was intending to injure Apple's knees.  Just a poor decision by a guy who isn't expected to be in that circumstance very often.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 12:36 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I went to watch it after others mentioned it. I didn't realize the penalty was on him during the game. You can't really see but BJ Hill does fall as he's coming out of the pile so I'm assuming he grabbed him around the ankles. Would be interesting to see another angle.

Jone’s tried to trip BJ by knocking him over another player that was on the ground.  I’m not sure who, but I bet it was another Bengal.  Against a punk like Jones is when you wish you had BUrfict around.  Take his head clean off.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 02:27 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Jone’s tried to trip BJ by knocking him over another player that was on the ground.  I’m not sure who, but I bet it was another Bengal.  Against a punk like Jones is when you wish you had BUrfict around.  Take his head clean off.

JJ the Boss fan? lol
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 02:08 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Well that was a click bait title.  "Reportedly facing possible suspension" means the league is considering suspension.  Instead, per the article suspension is reported as unlikely.  But because Florio made and article that points out that suspension is among the permissible disciplines for the action, they use that to justify the headline.  Unreal.

As to the play itself, I don't think it was a dirty intent.  That's how QBs are taught to block and tackle, go low on your own and trip the guy up instead of letting him possibly getting his hands on the QB and shoving him down in a way that can get the QB hurt.  Hell, Burrow tried to tackle the returner the same way on the INT (the pick six?).  I don't disagree that the play was unnecessary on Jones' part or that it could have led to injury, but I just don't think he was intending to injure Apple's knees.  Just a poor decision by a guy who isn't expected to be in that circumstance very often.

But what is the purpose of going after Apple at all?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Judon at least apologized to Joe for the late hit

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 02:08 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Well that was a click bait title.  "Reportedly facing possible suspension" means the league is considering suspension.  Instead, per the article suspension is reported as unlikely.  But because Florio made and article that points out that suspension is among the permissible disciplines for the action, they use that to justify the headline.  Unreal.

There's a major difference between trying to make a tackle on the ball carrier vs the Apple play where he's 10 yards behind and has no involvement in the play. Seems obvious Jones was trying to make a dirty hit because there's literally no reason for Jones to have gone near Apple. 
Reply/Quote

Pratt was already 5 yds ahead of them, when Jones decided to dive into Apple's knees... Jones has painted a big target on himself for the rest of the league.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 02:08 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: As to the play itself, I don't think it was a dirty intent.  That's how QBs are taught to block and tackle, go low on your own and trip the guy up instead of letting him possibly getting his hands on the QB and shoving him down in a way that can get the QB hurt.  Hell, Burrow tried to tackle the returner the same way on the INT (the pick six?).  I don't disagree that the play was unnecessary on Jones' part or that it could have led to injury, but I just don't think he was intending to injure Apple's knees.  Just a poor decision by a guy who isn't expected to be in that circumstance very often.

This is a really bad take.

Jones made that play out of pure frustration, which he has a history of doing. 100% dirty.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 01:44 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Looks like a Burrow jab. WTF?

(12-26-2022, 04:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Looks like a Burrow jab. WTF?

You alright, Harley? :lol:

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 04:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You alright, Harley? LOL

Yes. Not sure how that happened? Logged on and ipad somehow posted the last thing I post last night. Probably something stupid I Did.

Reply/Quote
Ima take the unpopular stance that it was not a cheapshot. Eli could have easily caught up with Pratt and blocked for him. It very well could be standard procedure.

WTS, the biggest clue to me it wasn't dirty or unusual is: I've seen no reports of Eli tweeting the shit out of it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 02:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Pratt was already 5 yds ahead of them, when Jones decided to dive into Apple's knees... Jones has painted a big target on himself for the rest of the league.

You got that right.

[Image: FD4Ox3wVEAACjlo.jpg:large]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 05:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ima take the unpopular stance that it was not a cheapshot. Eli could have easily caught up with Pratt and blocked for him. It very well could be standard procedure.

WTS, the biggest clue to me it wasn't dirty or unusual is: I've seen no reports of Eli tweeting the shit out of it.

What part of "no tackling below the knees after a turnover" does Jones POS move not violate?
Reply/Quote
Yeah he knew what he was doing. Cheap as caused by his frustration.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 02:27 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Jone’s tried to trip BJ by knocking him over another player that was on the ground.  I’m not sure who, but I bet it was another Bengal.  Against a punk like Jones is when you wish you had BUrfict around.  Take his head clean off.

That would be illegal.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
If Jones didn't have a history of punk ass sh!t like this , I might give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. But he does and so I won't.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote