Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Mac Jones cheap shot
(12-27-2022, 09:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Speaking of his history, he also tried to twist Brian Burns ankle after a sack when Burns didn’t even have the ball. But hey, I’m sure you can find a guy that played 40 years ago to defend that one too. Ninja

Some people pick a really strange hill to die on ! Jones has had several dirty plays this season, fact. So what if he got steam rolled trying to tackle a guy on a play where he threw an interception. Quite unlike several of Mac's dirty cheap shots, that was a completely legal "football play". It doesn't make it "ok" to take cheap shots later on.

MAc Jones is a dirty, cheap shot taking, whining child kind of player.  It's on tape. But if you want to defend him over players on your team, OK.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 11:12 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Some people pick a really strange hill to die on ! Jones has had several dirty plays this season, fact. So what if he got steam rolled trying to tackle a guy on a play where he threw an interception. Quite unlike several of Mac's dirty cheap shots, that was a completely legal "football play". It doesn't make it "ok" to take cheap shots later on.

MAc Jones is a dirty, cheap shot taking, whining child kind of player.  It's on tape. But if you want to defend him over players on your team, OK.

Even former Patriot great are blasting Jones for his antics. (Vince Wilfork being the latest)
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 11:12 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Some people pick a really strange hill to die on ! Jones has had several dirty plays this season, fact. So what if he got steam rolled trying to tackle a guy on a play where he threw an interception. Quite unlike several of Mac's dirty cheap shots, that was a completely legal "football play". It doesn't make it "ok" to take cheap shots later on.

Can’t justify what Jones did just because he got slammed down the week before.

I remember a QB in college who got absolutely crushed by a blind side block while going to tackle a guy after he threw a pic.
That QB eventually got up, toasted the other team for the rest of that bowl game then went on to have the greatest college season ever the next year. Heisman, #1 pick, Super Bowl etc followed. He never resorted to cheap shots just being a great player who’s respected by everyone in football.

Wish I could remember his name…
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 03:22 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Can’t justify what Jones did just because he got slammed down the week before.

I remember a QB in college who got absolutely crushed by a blind side block while going to tackle a guy after he threw a pic.
That QB eventually got up, toasted the other team for the rest of that bowl game then went on to have the greatest college season ever the next year. Heisman, #1 pick, Super Bowl etc followed. He never resorted to cheap shots just being a great player who’s respected by everyone in football.

If I remember correctly, that was that Borrows guy....
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 12:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Even former Patriot great are blasting Jones for his antics. (Vince Wilfork being the latest)

Those must be some massive Bengals underoos. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 03:22 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Can’t justify what Jones did just because he got slammed down the week before.

Mac Jones' girlfriend knows his name...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

What does "picking a strange hill to die on" mean in your mind? I provided my views on the play, and a number of other folks shared views of others that opposed my view. I provided a view of a former player and long-time journalist who is broadcast nationally, whose view of the play was similar to mine. 

Before I fine was ever announced I asserted the play was illegal and Mac has been fined for a first-offense low-block. No talk of anything more than a low block. 

It's funny that view is considered "defending him". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 12:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Even former Patriot great are blasting Jones for his antics. (Vince Wilfork being the latest)

And a former Bengal laughed at folks clutching their pearls over it. He went a little further than I and considered it a negative comment on today's society.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 09:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Shazier.

Surprised the see him playing QB for the Titans tonight

Reply/Quote
The league fined Jones for the dirty play attempt on Apple in addition to the Unnecessary Roughness violation in last week's game according to NFL.com.

- For the low-blow attempt on Eli Apple $13,367
- For the Unnecessary Roughness violation $10,609.

I believe the second one was when he dived into the scrum after the Stevenson fumble play was dead. Not sure exactly what he did. The article doesn't state what he did nor did the TV broadcast during the game.

Whatever he did during that Unnecessary Roughness violation, it was egregious enough to be levied as a fine as well. I'd like to know what he did in that one.

Jones really is a dirty ********* when something doesn't go his way.

https://www.nfl.com/news/patriots-qb-mac-jones-fined-for-low-hit-on-bengals-cb-eli-apple
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 06:11 PM)Bengal Billy Wrote: The league fined Jones for the dirty play attempt on Apple in addition to the Unnecessary Roughness violation in last week's game according to NFL.com.

- For the Unnecessary Roughness violation  $10,609.

I believe the second one was when he dived into the scrum after the Stevenson fumble play was dead. Not sure exactly what he did. The article doesn't state what he did nor did the TV broadcast during the game.

Whatever he did during that Unnecessary Roughness violation, it was egregious enough to be levied as a fine as well. I'd like to know what he did in that one.

https://www.nfl.com/news/patriots-qb-mac-jones-fined-for-low-hit-on-bengals-cb-eli-apple

I couldnt find any video that showed what Jones did after the fumble.  Id like to see it if it exists but he seems to be surrounded by players twice his size so its not likley we will see anything
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 06:11 PM)Bengal Billy Wrote: The league fined Jones for the dirty play attempt on Apple in addition to the Unnecessary Roughness violation in last week's game according to NFL.com.

- For the Unnecessary Roughness violation  $10,609.

At the end of the game, well after the play and scrum was over. BJ Hill stood up with the ball and was walking away. Jones shoved him down from behind. I'm guessing that's what the fine was for?

And yes he's a scumbag
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 06:38 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I couldnt find any video that showed what Jones did after the fumble.  Id like to see it if it exists but he seems to be surrounded by players twice his size so its not likley we will see anything

No video i can find but i did read where he said he was just trying to get the ball back. The play was over for about 5 seconds but the dumbass said he was just doing anything he could to compete.

“I think obviously, there’s a little bit of a pile there, and then the ball squirted out actually into another pile,” Jones said after the Patriots’ 22-18 loss at Gillette Stadium. “I went over there and tried to grab the ball to save the game.

https://nesn.com/2022/12/why-was-mac-jones-flagged-for-unnecessary-roughness-patriots-qb-explains/

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 06:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: At the end of the game, well after the play and scrum was over. BJ Hill stood up with the ball and was walking away. Jones shoved him down from behind. I'm guessing that's what the fine was for?

And yes he's a scumbag

Oh okay, thanks. I was wandering what it was for if that was it. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 06:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No video i can find but i did read where he said he was just trying to get the ball back. The play was over for about 5 seconds but the dumbass said he was just doing anything he could to compete.

“I think obviously, there’s a little bit of a pile there, and then the ball squirted out actually into another pile,” Jones said after the Patriots’ 22-18 loss at Gillette Stadium. “I went over there and tried to grab the ball to save the game.

https://nesn.com/2022/12/why-was-mac-jones-flagged-for-unnecessary-roughness-patriots-qb-explains/

Yeah, "just doing anything he could to compete". What a dumbass.

I guess just competing warrants a $10,000 fine on an Unnecessary Roughness violation. 

Thanks for the link.
Reply/Quote
LOL. Watch Mac Jones from the beginning. 

You can see him, several seconds after the play is over, DIVE at BJ Hill and knock him over. He actually dove at him after semi-standing up and talking to the ref.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 06:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No video i can find but i did read where he said he was just trying to get the ball back. The play was over for about 5 seconds but the dumbass said he was just doing anything he could to compete.

I've got the game recorded. And have watched it several times. You can't really see what Jones does. You do see Hill go down. They're on the other side of the still breaking up scrum. He either shoved or hit Hill from behind.

It had nothing to do with competing, or making a football play, or trying to recover the ball. The fumble recovery was waayyyyyy over. BJ was walking away with ball. 

He's a scumbag
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 06:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've got the game recorded. And have watched it several times. You can't really see what Jones does. You do see Hill go down. They're on the other side of the still breaking up scrum. He either shoved or hit Hill from behind.

It had nothing to do with competing, or making a football play, or trying to recover the ball. The fumble recovery was waayyyyyy over. BJ was walking away with ball. 

He's a scumbag

Yep. If you watch him on that youtube video, you can see he dives at Hill, long after the play is over.

Reply/Quote
Mac's a hotheaded dork and don't see him bringing NE back to the promise land where they once resided.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 07:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. If you watch him on that youtube video, you can see he dives at Hill, long after the play is over.

(12-31-2022, 07:43 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Mac's a hotheaded dork and don't see him bringing NE back to the promise land where they once resided.

He's just misunderstood 

Ninja
Reply/Quote