Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Mac Jones cheap shot
(12-25-2022, 06:00 AM)Roland Wrote: He also got called for an unnecessary roughness after the fumble recovery at the end of the game.  They didn't show what he did there.

I thought that would be the play that would be showed in this thread. In this one he kind of looks like he just fell down in 
front of Eli on purpose protecting himself while trying to injure a player. Definitely dirty, the whistle blew before this so most 
everyone knew the play was coming back and being reviewed. Still think it should of stood as a TD though.

Squirting the ball out of your hand is not a pass, never has been. That is a fumble.

(12-25-2022, 09:13 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He looks and acts like a tool. Entitled and arrogant. He was barking at the Bengals after his fluke touchdown like he was so amazing.

Also, Judon’s hit was probably the most egregious I’ve seen on Burrow this year. Most of the time they are close, but that ball was gone then it looked like Judon accelerated to the hit.

Judon's hit was bad, bad, bad. Should be fined IMO.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: I wouldn't say ruthless assassin, but it was unnecessary, and at the knees. Prior precedent doesn't give him the benefit of the doubt. I've seen plenty of QBs just run in front of players in similar situations. What makes it dirty to me is there was no need to do it. All Apple could do is make an illegal block in the back.

Exactly

Saying he was trying to stop Apple from doing something is grasping at straws. What was Apple going to do ??

Like you say totally unnecessary, and a cheap shot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jones fined $11K for hit on Apple!
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 11:56 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Jones fined $11K for hit on Apple!

Fair enough....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Wow they hit him with the book! Around .28 of his yearly earnings. He’s going to be sleeping under a bridge if he gets hit with another insane fine like this! He will definitely think twice before being a dirty POS in the future!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:32 AM)Helldog Wrote: Wow they hit him with the book! Around .28 of his yearly earnings. He’s going to be sleeping under a bridge if he gets hit with another insane fine like this! He will definitely think twice before being a dirty POS in the future!

No, obviously it won't touch him financially, BUT the league has finally recognized him for being the POS he is! The next time will hurt a little more.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:41 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: No, obviously it won't touch him financially, BUT the league has finally recognized him for being the POS he is! The next time will hurt a little more.

Yeah I was just joking. It’s a start for sure, he’s the Grayson Allen of the NFL.
Reply/Quote

Great
Reply/Quote
That was the 4th or 5th time Mac has done something dirty when it had no effect on the play. Judon's hit was pretty gross too. The NFL needs to do more after the fact.

That said, there have been 3-4 hits this season on Burrow that should have been called per the rule book. No point in rules if they aren't enforced. I'm even ok getting it wrong in the QBs favour, and I don't care if it's for or against. Either you want to protect them, or you don't. Inconsistency is what ticks people off.

The Dolphins also need to be investigated much deeper in regards to Tua. There is no way he should be on a field again this season.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 06:18 PM)Science Friction Wrote: That would be illegal.

Messy too. 
Reply/Quote
I hope some of you had the opportunity to hear Solomon Wilcots and Torry Holt discuss this on Sirius this AM. Most of you wouldn't like their views.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 02:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But what is the purpose of going after Apple at all?

Because if Apple managed to catch up to Thornton, no matter how unlikely the possibility, then Pratt would be certain to reach the end zone.

Were the exact same play to happen with us on offense instead, people would have gone bonkers if one of our guys didn't at least try to make a block happen.

Again, it was a shitty job of blocking and an illegal block at that, but to say that there was an intent to injure there is ludicrous. I would be far more likely to believe that Burfict did intend to injure Antonio Brown (which I don't) over Jones was intending to hurt Apple. It was an illegal block which he has been fined for, but not an intent to injure.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't Santa bring you Legos for Christmas? Go play with them 

All I got for Christmas was a thread full of stupid takes from Fred-lite.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:48 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I hope some of you had the opportunity to hear Solomon Wilcots and Torry Holt discuss this on Sirius this AM. Most of you wouldn't like their views.

Wilcots had absolutely no counterpoint to Pacman pointing out Apple didn’t have the ball. “He didn’t have the ball last time either” actually just goes to prove Mac Jones has a history of this stuff.

Anyway, this is a really weird hill for you die on. Dude got fined. The league had a problem with it. Apple had a problem with it. Idk what else there is to say.

Reply/Quote

Anything for Matt "I'm gonna take three steps and break your QBs spine after he has totally relaxed because the ball was out so long"  Judon?

What an assbag.  In other news, the steelers appear to be attempting to make a trade for Judon.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Wilcots had absolutely no counterpoint to Pacman pointing out Apple didn’t have the ball. “He didn’t have the ball last time either” actually just goes to prove Mac Jones has a history of this stuff.

Anyway, this is a really weird hill for you die on. Dude got fined. The league had a problem with it. Apple had a problem with it. Idk what else there is to say.

I take it you didn't hear Solly and Torry talk about it this AM.

No counterpoint?? He had the perfect counterpoint. 

The history Solly and Pacman was referring to was: last week when Mac tried to tackle Chandler he got spiked into the ground. It showed he had a history of when he tried to make a stand-up block he got abused. So this time Mac fell to the ground in self-preservation. They were not bringing up history of dirty play in that instance. Solly was supporting his point of Mac being "spineless" (as he called it), not intentional

I've seen reports that he will be fined, and as I pointed out earlier, it was possibly an illegal play. But there is no talk of suspension that would accompany intentional trying to hurt someone. No "dying on a hill", simply illustrating everyone doesn't see it the same way the vast majority that a forum full on Bengal fans see it. 

We can just leave it as: You see it with the same rationale as Pacman Jones and I see it similarly to Solomon Wilcots. 

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:31 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Anything for Matt "I'm gonna take three steps and break your QBs spine after he has totally relaxed because the ball was out so long"  Judon?

What an assbag.  In other news, the steelers appear to be attempting to make a trade for Judon.   Ninja

Now Judon was dirty. 

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now Judon was dirty. 

F yes he was.  Assbag.  Needs a serious fine.  The league is trying to protect players, especially the star QBs, right?  Well, let's see it Goodell you friggin clown. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:54 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: F yes he was.  Assbag.  Needs a serious fine.  The league is trying to protect players, especially the star QBs, right?  Well, let's see it Goodell you friggin clown. 

I've given Jones the benefit of being an unathletic QB and just trying to make a play; admittedly I didn't know about Chandler Jones "spiking" him last week when he tried to make a "football play".

But with Judon, there's 0 benefit of the doubt. He rushes QBs for a living he knew exactly what he was doing and when he was doing it. WTS, I think the likelihood of a fine is lessened because he was flagged for it.

Now you wanna talk about a hit? Derwin James should be brought up on charges. 

Reply/Quote
Derwin James was an ugly helmet to helmet - that should be a suspension. Glad the refs ejected him.

I think Judons was late but he knew what he did was wrong. Apologized to Burrow a couple of plays later and after the game from what I saw and heard. At least he was aware unlike Mac. Also Judon’s was done during a pass rush when he made a mistake and finished the play too late. Mac was blocking below the knees while he was on defense.
Reply/Quote