Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Mac Jones cheap shot
When did Fred take over bfine's account?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 07:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, you most likely are. As I said IMO, his intention was to keep Eli from running interference for Pratt on the return. 

Who could ever guess a QB might not get the block textbook? 

Like I said he Eli takes issue with in, I will, but he most likely knows why Mac did it. 

(12-26-2022, 09:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd assume you're talking to others when you assert "fair enough" should be the proper reply.

In my original post on the matter, I stated a tell-tale sign to me was Eli "hasn't tweeted the shit out of it."

But apparently, the counter to that is some reporter from NESPN tweeted what Eli told him in an interview.

Eli Apple has shown he's not shy to throw shade in his own tweets. Why hasn't he if he feels someone intentionally tried to injure him?

Yet since then, folks are asserting I'm obtuse and my "shit posts". I simply provided my opinion on what I saw. 

My apologies for addressing the lynch mob once they've already lit the torches. 

Let me just close with "fair enough". 

“Of course I did (notice it). He tripped me,” Apple told me. “I thought it was a dirty play. He’s done that before, I’ve seen it.”

Is that not taking issue with it, or are we going to keep quibbling over semantics?

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 09:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In my original post on the matter, I stated a tell-tale sign to me was Eli "hasn't tweeted the shit out of it."

But apparently, the counter to that is some reporter from NESPN tweeted what Eli told him in an interview.

Eli Apple has shown he's not shy to throw shade in his own tweets. Why hasn't he if he feels someone intentionally tried to injure him?

I mean you're literally ignoring what Eli said to a reporter and claiming he didn't say anything because he didn't tweet it himself. That's completely nonsensical.

How many times has Eli gone to Twitter this year? It seems drastically decreased compared to years past. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 09:36 PM)TheFan Wrote: I mean you're literally ignoring what Eli said to a reporter and claiming he didn't say anything because he didn't tweet it himself. That's completely nonsensical.

How many times has Eli gone to Twitter this year? It seems drastically decreased compared to years past. 

Why does no one ever answer the question(s) I ask and just keep asking me more?

I'm not ignoring anything. Of course, I believe Eli gave his opinion to a reporter that asked a question. What we don't have is context or follow-up. Just a reporter paraphrasing what he said.

I'm simply asserting IMO there was no intent to injure and he was merely "taking a short" (by laying on the ground) at Eli in an attempt to remove any influence he may have on the play.

I said in my OP on the matter an indicator I had was that Eli hadn't tweeted the shit out of it. I fully believe if he felt Jones was trying to hurt him we'd hear more from him than a second-hand report from NESN.

As I mentioned in my OP; I knew it would be unpopular in this forum. But go read some of the comments from folks who didn't watch the play while wearing Bengal Under-Roos. 

How about you (or anyone) answer my question for a change? Do you think Eli would have a lot more to say if he felt Jones was intentionally trying to hurt him? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 09:20 PM)Earendil Wrote: When did Fred take over bfine's account?

Bfred has always been this way, it just stands out more with fred gone.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 09:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why does no one ever answer the question(s) I ask and just keep asking me more?

I'm not ignoring anything. Of course, I believe Eli gave his opinion to a reporter that asked a question. What we don't have is context or follow-up. Just a reporter paraphrasing what he said.

I'm simply asserting IMO there was no intent to injure and he was merely "taking a short" (by laying on the ground) at Eli in an attempt to remove any influence he may have on the play.

I said in my OP on the matter an indicator I had was that Eli hadn't tweeted the shit out of it. I fully believe if he felt Jones was trying to hurt him we'd hear more from him than a second-hand report from NESN.

As I mentioned in my OP; I knew it would be unpopular in this forum. But go read some of the comments from folks who didn't watch the play while wearing Bengal Under-Roos. 

How about you (or anyone) answer my question for a change? Do you think Eli would have a lot more to say if he felt Jones was intentionally trying to hurt him? 

I have no idea if Eli would or wouldn’t tweet if he thought it was cheap. Maybe someone told him to leave it be because the leagues looking into it already - no one really knows because we aren’t in Eli’s head or inside the locker room. What I do know is that it is a cheap shot to dive towards the knees/ankles in that situation. Eli was about 4 yards behind the Pats guy that Mac says he was trying to keep from getting blocked. Eli may be fast but no one can catch up to and get beside of and then block a guy at full speed who’s already 4 yards ahead of him. His reasoning is BS.

Look at it again - Mac had no reason to do that so it’s a cheap shot no matter how much you want to take a contrarian opinion and call us homers. You also have to look at his past to see this isn’t an isolated incident.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 07:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I give less than 2 shits about Mac Jones and have no intention to research his nefarious nature. I'm simply giving my views of what I see and I see no intent to injure anyone; he's trying to get in Eli's way. If folks call that "a shot", then we have differing opinions on what constitutes a shot. Dude laid down

The problem is, we've had a player get run out of the league for shit that Jones is doing. Nut kicking, ankle twisting, sound familiar?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:01 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I have no idea if Eli would or wouldn’t tweet if he thought it was cheap. Maybe someone told him to leave it be because the leagues looking into it already - no one really knows because we aren’t in Eli’s head or inside the locker room. What I do know is that it is a cheap shot to dive towards the knees/ankles in that situation. Eli was about 4 yards behind the Pats guy that Mac says he was trying to keep from getting blocked. Eli may be fast but no one can catch up to and get beside of and then block a guy at full speed who’s already 4 yards ahead of him.  His reasoning is BS.

Look at it again - Mac had no reason to do that so it’s a cheap shot no matter how much you want to take a contrarian opinion and call us homers.  You also have to look at his past to see this isn’t an isolated incident.

I've looked at it plenty. At the beginning of the clip, you see #71 from NE block Vonn bell in the back. Now we can look at it from numerous angles and asses Bell's never going to be in that play, but 71 is just doing what football players do. If you cannot influence the play stop others from doing so. I don't think #71 was trying to injure Bell.

I have no love for Mac Jones and less for the New England Patriots, but when I look at that play I have a hard time drawing the correlation that Jones was trying to injure Eli. He was trying to take him out of the play and did it clumsily because he's an unathletic QB. 

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: The problem is, we've had a player get run out of the league for shit that Jones is doing. Nut kicking, ankle twisting, sound familiar?

It does and I've also seen folks wrongly accuse Burfict because of "history". 

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've looked at it plenty. At the beginning of the clip, you see #71 from NE block Vonn bell in the back. Now we can look at it from numerous angles and asses Bell's never going to be in that play, but 71 is just doing what football players do. If you cannot influence the play stop others from doing so. I don't think #71 was trying to injure Bell.

I have no love for Mac Jones and less for the New England Patriots, but when I look at that play I have a hard time drawing the correlation that Jones was trying to injure Eli. He was trying to take him out of the play and did it clumsily because he's an unathletic QB. 

Isolated, you can assume it’s not dirty, but just like every hit was scrutinized because of Burficts reputation, Mac already has garnered the reputation as dirty for his antics. So everything is going to be looked at through that lense now.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 09:20 PM)Earendil Wrote: When did Fred take over bfine's account?

Didn't Santa bring you Legos for Christmas? Go play with them 

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 09:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why does no one ever answer the question(s) I ask and just keep asking me more?

No, I don't think he would be nonstop tweeting about it. Hence why I said how much have you been seeing him tweeting and getting into with people this year compared to past years. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It does and I've also seen folks wrongly accuse Burfict because of "history". 

I agree, but what's good for the goose, is good for the gander. Due to his history, Jones should at least get a fine.....intention be damned. Consistency and all.....

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree, but what's good for the goose, is good for the gander. Due to his history, Jones should at least get a fine.....intention be damned. Consistency and all.....

I've already said, they play looks to be illegal to me, so if he's fined, great.

I just look at that clip and don't see the ruthless assassin many here do. He was just trying to get in Eli's way. 

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 09:56 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Bfred has always been this way, it just stands out more with fred gone.

Absolutely, Fred and I always saw eye-to-eye. 

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've already said, they play looks to be illegal to me, so if he's fined, great.

I just look at that clip and don't see the ruthless assassin many here do. He was just trying to get in Eli's way. 

I wouldn't say ruthless assassin, but it was unnecessary, and at the knees. Prior precedent doesn't give him the benefit of the doubt. I've seen plenty of QBs just run in front of players in similar situations. What makes it dirty to me is there was no need to do it. All Apple could do is make an illegal block in the back.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 10:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: I wouldn't say ruthless assassin, but it was unnecessary, and at the knees. Prior precedent doesn't give him the benefit of the doubt. I've seen plenty of QBs just run in front of players in similar situations. What makes it dirty to me is there was no need to do it. All Apple could do is make an illegal block in the back.

There's always a reason to engage with an opponent on the football field. The same reason #71 blocked Bell in the back. 

Reply/Quote
Lost what little respect I had for Mac the Knife after reviewing the evidence brought forth.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
… wait Fred’s gone?

Fair enough is an understatement
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 12:55 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Or someone named McCorkle.  Mellow

I dunno..The good family in the movie Pot of Gold with Jimmy Stewart had the McCorkle's in it.. Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote