Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Mac Jones cheap shot
(12-27-2022, 12:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Wilcots had absolutely no counterpoint to Pacman pointing out Apple didn’t have the ball. “He didn’t have the ball last time either” actually just goes to prove Mac Jones has a history of this stuff.

Anyway, this is a really weird hill for you die on. Dude got fined. The league had a problem with it. Apple had a problem with it. Idk what else there is to say.

I wonder what Pac won on the bet, lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 01:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've given Jones the benefit of being an unathletic QB and just trying to make a play; admittedly I didn't know about Chandler Jones "spiking" him last week when he tried to make a "football play".

But with Judon, there's 0 benefit of the doubt. He rushes QBs for a living he knew exactly what he was doing and when he was doing it. WTS, I think the likelihood of a fine is lessened because he was flagged for it.

Now you wanna talk about a hit? Derwin James should be brought up on charges. 

Yeah, that hit was terrible. He should definitely see a suspension for that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 09:20 PM)Earendil Wrote: When did Fred take over bfine's account?

(12-26-2022, 09:56 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Bfred has always been this way, it just stands out more with fred gone.

Where did freddy go
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 01:52 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Where did freddy go

Apparently he made a reference to white hoods and sailed off into the great beyond. Though rumors persist that his spirit lingers in a different form.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 01:55 PM)Earendil Wrote: Apparently he made a reference to white hoods and sailed off into the great beyond. Though rumors persist that his spirit lingers in a different form.

To find his spirit, just look for the dumbest shit you can find in every thread and you'll be hot on his trail.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 01:55 PM)Earendil Wrote: Apparently he made a reference to white hoods and sailed off into the great beyond. Though rumors persist that his spirit lingers in a different form.

I cannot wait for his triumphant return should it ever transpire.  
Reply/Quote

So Fred may not be Toast after all? Fred Ghost, maybe?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
For now we have to deal with the Walmart brand of FredToast, Great Value Fred.
Reply/Quote
Is Fred really gone?

Man I missed something.

I couldn't stand that troll but he was our troll.
Reply/Quote
When's the deadline to find out if he's getting fined or not?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 04:25 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: When's the deadline to find out if he's getting fined or not?

Pocket change.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/report-nfl-to-fine-mac-jones-11139-for-low-block-on-eli-apple
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 04:39 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Pocket change.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/report-nfl-to-fine-mac-jones-11139-for-low-block-on-eli-apple

To put this into perspective, the average individual salary in the U.S. is right around $63k (average, not the median). For a person making $63k per year, this fine is equivalent to said worker being fined a total of $131.32. What sucks is that due to how income scales, that $131 hurts significantly more than the $11k for Mac. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 04:39 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Pocket change.

First fines generally are on the Lower end...  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 03:21 PM)Earendil Wrote: For now we have to deal with the Walmart brand of FredToast, Great Value Fred.

In some cases, the great value brand isnt much worse than the original.  
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 06:18 PM)Science Friction Wrote: [Take his head clean off!] That would be illegal.

It never hurts to have an enforcer on the team to take care of guys who want to get outta line and cheap shot your teammates. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 01:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've given Jones the benefit of being an unathletic QB and just trying to make a play; admittedly I didn't know about Chandler Jones "spiking" him last week when he tried to make a "football play".

But with Judon, there's 0 benefit of the doubt. He rushes QBs for a living he knew exactly what he was doing and when he was doing it. WTS, I think the likelihood of a fine is lessened because he was flagged for it.

Now you wanna talk about a hit? Derwin James should be brought up on charges. 

I’ve never seen anyone hit only with the crown of their helmet before. It’s almost difficult to do. Worst I can remember.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Apple is one of my east favorite players and I hated the play against him. Apple had a problem with it. Other players had a problem with it, the media had a problem with it, even the NFL had a problem with it. Yet so called Bengals fans are like "oh well, just doing his job." now, what possible reason could Mac Jones hitting Apple, who wasn't in on the play, be ok, but hard hit on Burrow isn't?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I take it you didn't hear Solly and Torry talk about it this AM.

No counterpoint?? He had the perfect counterpoint. 
The history Solly and Pacman was referring to was: last week when Mac tried to tackle Chandler he got spiked into the ground. It showed he had a history of when he tried to make a stand-up block he got abused. So this time Mac fell to the ground in self-preservation. They were not bringing up history of dirty play in that instance. Solly was supporting his point of Mac being "spineless" (as he called it), not intentional

I've seen reports that he will be fined, and as I pointed out earlier, it was possibly an illegal play. But there is no talk of suspension that would accompany intentional trying to hurt someone. No "dying on a hill", simply illustrating everyone doesn't see it the same way the vast majority that a forum full on Bengal fans see it. 

We can just leave it as: You see it with the same rationale as Pacman Jones and I see it similarly to Solomon Wilcots. 

Speaking of his history, he also tried to twist Brian Burns ankle after a sack when Burns didn’t even have the ball. But hey, I’m sure you can find a guy that played 40 years ago to defend that one too. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 05:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’ve never seen anyone hit only with the crown of their helmet before. It’s almost difficult to do. Worst I can remember.

Shazier.

Reply/Quote
Didn't get to see the game Saturday but just finally saw this entire play. First that was clearly a fumble and the refs should have let the play go and then review it. Mac Jones knew it too otherwise he wouldn't have gotten up and chased Pratt. More importantly it was a clear cheap shot and should have been penalized. So disgusting that he only gets a slap on the wrist for it.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote