Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Make Your 2021 Early Season Predictions
(05-13-2021, 10:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well the Steelers seem to be on a downturn.. and very few Bengals left from those years of torture... many are 1-1 or 0-0 with steelers

Downturn? They went 12-4 last year.  If we went 12-4 you would say we were close to a Super Bowl championship.  Hilarious
(05-13-2021, 01:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have them going 12-5. The last 3 games are just too tough but we sneak into the Playoffs and get our first win in forever.

At least this is what I am hoping. Rock On

If they start off 12-2 and i don't get my 13 win season (with 17 games to do it now), i'm gonna be pissed Rant . But, starting off 12-2? Let's be realistic...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(05-13-2021, 11:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If they start off 12-2 and i don't get my 13 win season (with 17 games to do it now), i'm gonna be pissed Rant . But, starting off 12-2? Let's be realistic...

You go ahead and be realistic lol

That early sched is ripe for the picking if the OL and DL are significantly improved and so is the coaching without bad injuries IMO.

Sounds crazy, so did the 8-0 start of 2015. Who knows Rfaulk  Wink

Every year a shitty team surprises, could be this year if Taylor's light comes on cause he is young and on the hot seat.
(05-13-2021, 11:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You go ahead and be realistic lol

Sounds crazy, so did the 8-0 start of 2015. Who knows Rfaulk  Wink

I'll take it. But...i better get my 13 win season if they start off like that!! 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(05-13-2021, 10:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im going positive.. Chuck Knoll was about same age as Taylor when he took over Steelers took three losing seasons each year he won more games as  he transformed his team to become winners, so im going with the same vibe now with ZT , 

Same Essex and we disagree quite a bit.

It isn't out of the question. I like Taylor too much to say he will fail, if he does, he does, but he is young. He isn't an old dog
that can't learn new tricks. (Don't take that as an insult HarleyDog, you are a rare Dog).

Mellow
(05-13-2021, 11:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'll take it. But...i better get my 13 win season if they start off like that!! 

Eh, I just hope the Playoff win happens afterwards. 

Might get that 13 win season against them Stains in the last game in their place. Yah never know, just think we split with them.
Sept. 12: Minnesota. Win
Sept. 19: Chicago (away). Win
Sept. 26: Pittsburgh (away). Win
Sept. 30: Jacksonville. Win
Oct. 10: Green Bay. Win
Oct. 17: Detroit (away) Win
Oct. 24: Baltimore (away) Win
Oct. 31: New York Jets (away) Win
Nov. 7: Cleveland Win
Nov. 14: Bye week
Nov. 21: Las Vegas (away) Win
Nov. 28: Pittsburgh Win
Dec. 5: L.A. Chargers Loss
Dec. 12: San Francisco Win
Dec. 19: Denver (away) Loss
Dec. 26: Baltimore Win
Jan. 2: Kansas City Win
Jan. 9: Cleveland (away) Loss

Final regular season record: 14-3
Big Grin 
Sept. 12: Minnesota. Win
Sept. 19: Chicago (away). Win
Sept. 26: Pittsburgh (away). Win
Sept. 30: Jacksonville. Win
Oct. 10: Green Bay. Loss
Oct. 17: Detroit (away) Win
Oct. 24: Baltimore (away) Loss
Oct. 31: New York Jets (away) Win
Nov. 7: Cleveland Loss
Nov. 21: Las Vegas (away) Loss
Nov. 28: Pittsburgh Win
Dec. 5: L.A. Chargers Win
Dec. 12: San Francisco Loss
Dec. 19: Denver (away) Win
Dec. 26: Baltimore Loss
Jan. 2: Kansas City Loss
Jan. 9: Cleveland (away) Win
4-6 wins.  Zac Taylor parties like it's 1999 and the franchise mouthpieces make the season out to being a super bowl win.  

Sept. 12: Minnesota. - LOSS
Sept. 19: Chicago (away). - LOSS 
Sept. 26: Pittsburgh (away). - LOSS
Sept. 30: Jacksonville. - LOSS
Oct. 10: Green Bay. - LOSS
Oct. 17: Detroit (away) - WIN
Oct. 24: Baltimore (away) - LOSS
Oct. 31: New York Jets (away) - WIN
Nov. 7: Cleveland - LOSS
Nov. 21: Las Vegas (away) - WIN
Nov. 28: Pittsburgh - LOSS
Dec. 5: L.A. Chargers - LOSS
Dec. 12: San Francisco - LOSS
Dec. 19: Denver (away) - LOSS
Dec. 26: Baltimore - LOSS
Jan. 2: Kansas City - LOSS
Jan. 9: Cleveland (away) - WIN
6-11 seems about right. Overachieving would look like 8-9.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Here is mine:

Sept. 12: Minnesota.  WIN

Sept. 19: Chicago (away). WIN
Sept. 26: Pittsburgh (away) LOSS
Sept. 30: Jacksonville. WIN
Oct. 10: Green Bay.  LOSS
Oct. 17: Detroit (away) WIN
Oct. 24: Baltimore (away) LOSS
Oct. 31: New York Jets (away) WIN
Nov. 7: Cleveland WIN
Nov. 21: Las Vegas (away) WIN
Nov. 28: Pittsburgh WIN
Dec. 5: L.A. Chargers WIN
Dec. 12: San Francisco LOSS
Dec. 19: Denver (away) WIN
Dec. 26: Baltimore LOSS
Jan. 2: Kansas City LOSS
Jan. 9: Cleveland (away) LOSS

I really wanted to give them a win in those final three games.  I just couldn't.  We don't know what any of those teams will look like at the end of the season, but one thing is for certain:  The dead cat bounce of late season wins to save someone's job won't happen this year.  Those last 5 games will be TOUGH. 

10-7.  Hopefully, that would be enough to squeak in to the playoffs where anything can happen and we know Burrow does his best in his biggest games.  

This young team NEEDS a good start to the season.  They have a brash, confident group and I love it, but that can turn to doubt quickly with another slow start.  If they can get that first win against Minnesota, I sincerely believe they will win at least 10 games.  It might look different than my selections, but they will go on to have a really good season.  
(05-13-2021, 03:46 PM)GodFather Wrote: I think the Green Bay game should definitely be a win assuming Rodgers is gone. Without Rodgers that team will be one of the worst teams this year. 

I would rather face Green Bay with Rogers and Denver with Lock than Green Bay with Love and Denver with Rogers.  I think that Denver team would be crazy good.  We don't need that in the AFC.  But, you are correct, sir, that GB wouldn't be near the same team without Rogers.
(05-13-2021, 11:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same Essex and we disagree quite a bit.

It isn't out of the question. I like Taylor too much to say he will fail, if he does, he does, but he is young. He isn't an old dog
that can't learn new tricks. (Don't take that as an insult HarleyDog, you are a rare Dog).

Mellow

These personal attacks will get you BANNED!  (Where is that damn banhammer emoji?  Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh)

Hilarious
9-8 on the year. Narrowly missing playoffs.
(05-14-2021, 09:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: These personal attacks will get you BANNED!  (Where is that damn banhammer emoji?  Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh)

Hilarious

Surprised he didn't slap me around with some crazy Dog giving me an angry face yet. Mellow
I'm going to roll with 5-11-1 with Burrow suffering another injury while throwing 40 times per game.

After that, entire coaching staff is retained, and Hobs puts out an article saying we need more linemen in next years draft...where we'll take a tight end with our top pick and some linemen in the mid rounds.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(05-14-2021, 09:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm going to roll with 5-11-1 with Burrow suffering another injury while throwing 40 times per game.

After that, entire coaching staff is retained, and Hobs puts out an article saying we need more linemen in next years draft...where we'll take a tight end with our top pick and some linemen in the mid rounds.

I've lived through this before, deja vu 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
think the Bengals go 3-3 in division beating the steelers twice and taking 1 of the 4 games against Baltimore and Cleveland.

think Bengals lose to KC, SF, Denver and GB if Rodgers stays put.

Like Bengals chances against Minnesota, Chargers, Chicago, Jax, Jets, Vegas, Lions, and GB if Rodgers bolts.

think we will land somewhere between 7-10 and 10-7

predicting 9-10 with lots of excitement heading into next season.

Roam the Jungle !
Will add this for the optimistic. Been a Bengals fan since a child and started going to games on my own in 81. My first game was a SB preview watching Joe Montana go against the Bengals who were missing Kenny Anderson that day.

Anyway, took over season tickets in the 1991 season and kept them until just last month when we decided to let them go. Heartbreaking decision and we had incredible seats but times have changed and we're not getting any younger.

Moral of the story is that the Bengals had just won in Playoffs just months before I started buying season tickets. Believe I cursed them but have dropped the tickets since and therefore rectified situation by breaking this silly curse. Never knew I was holding them back all this time.

The playoff wins should start flowing once more with me no longer in attendance.

You're welcome

Roam the Jungle !
I just realized that you cant go .500. Either a winning record or losing record. hmm...

6-11