Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Make Your 2021 Early Season Predictions
(05-14-2021, 10:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Will add this for the optimistic. Been a Bengals fan since a child and started going to games on my own in 81. My first game was a SB preview watching Joe Montana go against the Bengals who were missing Kenny Anderson that day.

Anyway, took over season tickets in the 1991 season and kept them until just last month when we decided to let the go. Heartbreaking decision and we had incredible seats but times have changed and we're not getting any younger.  

Moral of the story is that the Bengals had just won in Playoffs just months before I started buying season tickets. Believe I cursed them but have dropped the tickets since and therefore rectified situation by breaking this silly curse. Never knew I was holding them back all this time.

The playoff wins should start flowing once more with me no longer in attendance.

You're welcome

It isn't your fault brother. But anyways thanks good buddy even if I don't believe in that sort of stuff.

We didn't get dominated by the 49ers and Montana like all of their other SB wins. One thing we can hold our hat on.

We gave the 49ers under him the hardest time, he had to be a miracle maker when facing us in the SB.
(05-14-2021, 10:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It isn't your fault brother. But anyways thanks good buddy even if I don't believe in that sort of stuff.

We didn't get dominated by the 49ers and Montana like all of their other SB wins. One thing we can hold our hat on.

We gave the 49ers under him the hardest time, he had to be a miracle maker when facing us in the SB.

If they win it all this year you will become a believer lol.

Not only did we not get dominated we should have won that first one if not for the turnovers. 

This is just off memory but believe we set about 5 or more offensive SB records and still lost that game. 

We were the better team that day, yet unfortunately we are the Bengals. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
(05-14-2021, 11:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: If they win it all this year you will become a believer lol.

Not only did we not get dominated we should have won that first one if not for the turnovers. 

This is just off memory but believe we set about 5 or more offensive SB records and still lost that game. 

We were the better team that day, yet unfortunately we are the Bengals. 

Yes, but still proud to be of the Bengal faith. Joe Burrow could be the next Joe Cool and make it his own, Smokin' Joe. Rock On
(05-14-2021, 11:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, but still proud to be of the Bengal faith. Joe Burrow could be the next Joe Cool and make it his own, Smokin' Joe. Rock On

Absolutely 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Heres mine:

Sept. 12: Minnesota.  WIN
Sept. 19: Chicago (away). WIN
Sept. 26: Pittsburgh (away). LOSS
Sept. 30: Jacksonville. WIN
Oct. 10: Green Bay. Loss
Oct. 17: Detroit (away) WIN
Oct. 24: Baltimore (away) LOSS
Oct. 31: New York Jets (away) WIN
Nov. 7: Cleveland WIN
Nov. 14: Bye week
Nov. 21: Las Vegas (away) WIN
Nov. 28: Pittsburgh LOSS
Dec. 5: L.A. Chargers WIN
Dec. 12: San Francisco LOSS
Dec. 19: Denver (away) WIN
Dec. 26: Baltimore LOSS
Jan. 2: Kansas City LOSS
Jan. 9: Cleveland (away) WIN

I have 10 wins for us.maybe sweeping the browns is wishful, but I think we can beat them if we’ve improved in the areas we’ve tried to address this offseason.I also feel like maybe we can sneak a win from the Steelers.I could also seeing us lose to either Minnesota or Chicago. Those early season games could be important in our final standing results.
(05-13-2021, 10:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im going positive.. Chuck Knoll was about same age as Taylor when he took over Steelers took three losing seasons each year he won more games as  he transformed his team to become winners, so im going with the same vibe now with ZT , 

Chuck Noll started his HC tenure over 50 years ago. It’s 2021. Coaches aren’t given as long nowadays to turn a loser into a winner. Well maybe except Mike Brown’s Bengals. He’ll probably keep Taylor even if he has a losing season, as long as he gets more wins than last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Sept. 12: Minnesota.  LOSS
Sept. 19: Chicago (away). WIN
Oct. 10: Green Bay. LOSS (Assuming Aaron Rodgers is playing until he's not)
Oct. 17: Detroit (away) WIN
Nov. 7: Cleveland WIN
Nov. 21: Las Vegas (away) WIN
Nov. 28: Pittsburgh WIN
Dec. 5: L.A. Chargers WIN
Dec. 12: San Francisco WIN
Dec. 19: Denver (away) WIN
Jan. 9: Cleveland (away) LOSS

I have them going 10-7 this season. Let everyone see your early predictions!
(05-15-2021, 12:49 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Chuck Noll started his HC tenure over 50 years ago. It’s 2021. Coaches aren’t given as long nowadays to turn a loser into a winner. Well maybe except Mike Brown’s Bengals. He’ll probably keep Taylor even if he has a losing season, as long as he gets more wins than last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure hope not, need more than a winning season for us to keep him around. We need a Playoff win or fire Taylor and company.
(05-15-2021, 02:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure hope not, need more than a winning season for us to keep him around. We need a Playoff win or fire Taylor and company.

I think if Zac wins 7+ games this season he will be back for certain. We are talking about Mike “bullish” Brown after all!
5-12 we will be the first team in History to average 30 points a game and give up 30 points a game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(05-16-2021, 01:24 PM)GodFather Wrote: I think if Zac wins 7+ ga,es this season he will be back for certain. We are talking about Mike “bullish” Brown after all!

Sick
(05-13-2021, 10:57 PM)GodFather Wrote: Downturn? They went 12-4 last year.  If we went 12-4 you would say we were close to a Super Bowl championship.  Hilarious

You said this in the same breath knowing we beat them last year and the Browns destroyed them at home in playoffs, come on when did that happen last..lol and i see the 8/9 wins seasons before as more of a trend plus most experts pick them 3rd in the division plus  I don;t see the offense with a older up and down Ben and a weaker offensive line as good as it once was..
(05-14-2021, 10:12 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: I just realized that you cant go .500. Either a winning record or losing record. hmm...

6-11

8-8-1 would be .500.

A tie counts as half a win and half a loss.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(05-16-2021, 05:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 8-8-1 would be .500.

A tie counts as half a win and half a loss.

true 
Sept. 12: Minnesota. LOSS
Sept. 19: Chicago (away). LOSS
Oct. 10: Green Bay. LOSS
Oct. 17: Detroit (away) LOSS
Nov. 7: Cleveland LOSS
Nov. 21: Las Vegas (away) LOSS
Dec. 5: L.A. Chargers LOSS
Dec. 19: Denver (away) LOSS

+++

I have 2-15. Sorry.
Sept. 12: Minnesota.  Win.  Vikings coming into a full jungle in Burrow's first packed house and gets the team fired up and we come out blazing.  Cousins won't know what to do.  
Sept. 19: Chicago (away). Win.  If it's Dalton, we'll make him fold under the pressure.  If it's Fields, we'll force him into rookie mistakes.
Sept. 26: Pittsburgh (away). Loss.  I think this is winnable and I think the Steelers will struggle, but it's still the Steelers at home.  I think we keep it close and get them worried about coming to Cinci.
Sept. 30: Jacksonville. Win.  Even with Lawrence, I think they're AT LEAST a year away from even being respectable.  
Oct. 10: Green Bay. Loss.  Unless Rodgers gets traded, he's still Rodgers.
Oct. 17: Detroit (away) Win.  They're in complete rebuild mode.
Oct. 24: Baltimore (away) Loss.  I think Lamar will just be too much for us in their place, but we do give him problems with our new look defense.
Oct. 31: New York Jets (away) Win.  They're in rebuild mode.
Nov. 7: Cleveland Win.  Even though we've won a few already, they come in too cocky and our defense gets after Baker.
Nov. 21: Las Vegas (away) Win. Reached with their first round pick and I think they're still just too much of a cluster-**** with the move.
Nov. 28: Pittsburgh Win.  Ben's beat up by now and our team comes out motivated and on fire.
Dec. 5: L.A. Chargers Loss. This team comes in hot but it's a possible win.
Dec. 12: San Francisco Loss. I think the Niners will be tough.
Dec. 19: Denver (away) Loss.  They had a strong draft but we could pull out a win here.  I just don't like Burrow in the cold in Mile High.
Dec. 26: Baltimore Win. Our homefield advantage will finally show through.
Jan. 2: Kansas City Loss.  We're improved but they're still the big dogs.   
Jan. 9: Cleveland (away) Win. Their starters only play a series and we're playing for the wild card.

10-7
(05-16-2021, 05:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You said this in the same breath knowing we beat them last year and the Browns destroyed them at home in playoffs, come on when did that happen last..lol and i see the 8/9 wins seasons before as more of a trend plus most experts pick them 3rd in the division plus  I don;t see the offense with a older up and down Ben and a weaker offensive line as good as it once was..

Until we start beating them on a regular basis I don't buy it for a second. Last time we beat them before last year was back in 2015. 

I would love nothing more than to see us beat that shit team on a regular basis, but once every 5 years doesn't give me hope it will be a yearly event.
(05-16-2021, 10:20 PM)GodFather Wrote: Until we start beating them on a regular basis I don't buy it for a second. Last time we beat them before last year was back in 2015. 

I would love nothing more than to see us beat that shit team on a regular basis, but once every 5 years doesn't give me hope it will be a yearly event.

Not to mention they were in the middle of a streak where they never won a game again. The Steelers imploded last year. It was fun to watch, but they're still our daddy til further notice. It IS pretty impressive to lose to a Ryan Finley led team though... Never been done before nor since.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(05-16-2021, 08:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Sept. 12: Minnesota. LOSS
Sept. 19: Chicago (away). LOSS
Oct. 10: Green Bay. LOSS
Oct. 17: Detroit (away) LOSS
Nov. 7: Cleveland LOSS
Nov. 21: Las Vegas (away) LOSS
Dec. 5: L.A. Chargers LOSS
Dec. 19: Denver (away) LOSS

+++

I have 2-15.  Sorry.

Well at least we would have a new HC for sure if this happened...
(05-16-2021, 01:24 PM)GodFather Wrote: I think if Zac wins 7+ games this season he will be back for certain. We are talking about Mike “bullish” Brown after all!

funny enough ive heard 2 other people use that word since lol