Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Make Your 2021 Early Season Predictions
(05-17-2021, 12:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: funny enough ive heard 2 other people use that word since lol

"We remain bullish on the foundation Zac is building, and we look forward to next year giving our fans the winning results we all want."

-Mike Brown
(05-17-2021, 01:48 PM)GodFather Wrote: "We remain bullish on the foundation Zac is building, and we look forward to next year giving our fans the winning results we all want."

-Mike Brown

He meant to say "bullshit"...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(05-16-2021, 10:20 PM)GodFather Wrote: Until we start beating them on a regular basis I don't buy it for a second. Last time we beat them before last year was back in 2015. 

I would love nothing more than to see us beat that shit team on a regular basis, but once every 5 years doesn't give me hope it will be a yearly event.

Like I said.. the Steelers have been trending down.. im not in the minority on that one.. the bashing by Browns at their place and our Win were very rare yes.. but really i agree with the analysts.. they are not what they were a few years ago.. so i will take us on the upswing and them on the downswing for a split.. you act like i said sweep.. and don;t we have to expect #1 Franchise QB in Burrow to wins these types of games.. at home against division opponent trending down... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-15-2021, 12:49 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Chuck Noll started his HC tenure over 50 years ago. It’s 2021. Coaches aren’t given as long nowadays to turn a loser into a winner. Well maybe except Mike Brown’s Bengals. He’ll probably keep Taylor even if he has a losing season, as long as he gets more wins than last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the Dolphins hired Adam Gase the front office came out and said that Gase basically had 3 years to get them successful. Well the Dolphins pulled the plug after those 3 seasons when the team showed no success. I'm HOPING (the usual Bengals method) that if team struggles again they'd pull the plug on Zac.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
(05-17-2021, 01:48 PM)GodFather Wrote: "We remain bullish on the foundation Zac is building, and we look forward to next year giving our fans the winning results we all want."

-Mike Brown

not sure what your point is here.
(05-18-2021, 01:28 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: When the Dolphins hired Adam Gase the front office came out and said that Gase basically had 3 years to get them successful. Well the Dolphins pulled the plug after those 3 seasons when the team showed no success. I'm HOPING (the usual Bengals method) that if team struggles again they'd pull the plug on Zac.

Fun facts about when Adam Gase took over for Joe Philbin in Miami:
- Gase took over a 6-10 team (just like Taylor taking over Marvin's team)
- Gase went 10-6 his first season (what we hoped Taylor would do when he came in)
- Gase went 6-10 his second season, then 7-9 in his third (and final) season

So Adam Gase went 16-16 in his first two seasons after taking over a 6-10 team.
Meanwhile, Zac Taylor took over a 6-10 team and has gone 6-25-1.

Somehow, the Bengals may have a worse HC than Adam Gase.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(05-18-2021, 11:21 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Fun facts about when Adam Gase took over for Joe Philbin in Miami:
- Gase went 10-6 his first season (what we hoped Taylor would do when he came in)

Fun fact, that is Mike Brown's specialty!
(05-18-2021, 11:21 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Fun facts about when Adam Gase took over for Joe Philbin in Miami:

If you look at Miami and Cincinnati when Gase and Taylor took over.. Bengals were trending down more than Miami.. Gase had quick success then made some bad big moves that trended downward after 1st season.

Bengals on the other hand have taken couple years mostly through draft and mid level FAs to transform the team.

I stated before, allow a coach minimum three years to see if they have moved the needle  of transformation with a rebuild team, I guess in a way Miami did not letting Gase go after he actually regressed, Im not sure if Gase firing was justified but 10 wins to two losing seasons will put you on the hot seat especially all the $$ spent and trades that did not work out... Jets gave him a second chance and we know how that turned out..
(05-18-2021, 03:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If you look at Miami and Cincinnati when Gase and Taylor took over.. Bengals were trending down more than Miami.. Gase had quick success then made some bad big moves that trended downward after 1st season.

Bengals on the other hand have taken couple years mostly through draft and mid level FAs to transform the team.

I stated before, allow a coach minimum three years to see if they have moved the needle  of transformation with a rebuild team, I guess in a way Miami did not letting Gase go after he actually regressed, Im not sure if Gase firing was justified but 10 wins to two losing seasons will put you on the hot seat especially all the $$ spent and trades that did not work out...  Jets gave him a second chance and we know how that turned out..

So you think Gase was on the hot seat especially after all the $$$ they spent and trade that didnt work out.  

If that's the case then if the Bengals have another losing season then Zac and his staff should be on the hot seat and fired because I've never in my lifetime seen this football team spend $200M on free agency before.  

I really would like to see this staff turn things around because I believe in continuity but you just can't keep going forward with a coach if he has 10-12 wins after 3 years.  
(05-18-2021, 03:51 PM)TJ528 Wrote: So you think Gase was on the hot seat especially after all the $$$ they spent and trade that didnt work out.  

If that's the case then if the Bengals have another losing season then Zac and his staff should be on the hot seat and fired because I've never in my lifetime seen this football team spend $200M on free agency before.  

I really would like to see this staff turn things around because I believe in continuity but you just can't keep going forward with a coach if he has 10-12 wins after 3 years.  

ThumbsUp
You know it's so hard to come up with something on this, this early in the year. There's always several things that happen during the season that changes things unpredictably.

Every year since Taylor arrived, the Bengals have lost to bad teams, so it's nearly impossible to legitimately predict wins against all of the bad teams on the schedule this season. Proof of this is last seasons 0-3-1 record against the worst division in football a division where no team had a winning record and the Bengals couldn't come down with a single win. The best they did against that lowly division was against an equally bad Phili team who fired its coach.

There is a chance that the team will put up a victory against a good team. They did that last season against Tennessee. The win against the reeling Steelers was exceptional for Bengals fans, but everyone else was beating the Steelers at that time also.

Sept. 12: Minnesota. LOSS
Sept. 19: Chicago (away). LOSS
Sept. 26: Pittsburgh (away). LOSS
Sept. 30: Jacksonville. WIN
Oct. 10: Green Bay. With Aaron Rodgers LOSS, without WIN (One of those oddities)
Oct. 17: Detroit (away) WIN
Oct. 24: Baltimore (away) LOSS
Oct. 31: New York Jets (away) WIN
Nov. 7: Cleveland LOSS
Nov. 14: Bye week
Nov. 21: Las Vegas (away) PICK
Nov. 28: Pittsburgh LOSS
Dec. 5: L.A. Chargers LOSS
Dec. 12: San Francisco LOSS
Dec. 19: Denver (away) With Lock PICK, with Aaron Rodgers LOSS
Dec. 26: Baltimore LOSS
Jan. 2: Kansas City LOSS
Jan. 9: Cleveland (away) Likely LOSS, but they might get a WIN if Cleveland has secured a playoff spot.

I see 4 to 7 wins. And hopefully I'll be seeing Taylor being jettisoned out the door.

(05-18-2021, 03:51 PM)TJ528 Wrote: So you think Gase was on the hot seat especially after all the $$$ they spent and trade that didnt work out.  

my point was he went 10-6 first year and sadly it seemd Miami went into a spiral.. im not saying they should have let him go but after what happen in NY maybe it was the right move.  With that said rebounds don;t always happen overnight and like in Miami case.. one winning season does not mean rebound either.

It has been mentioned many times there are some great to good coaches that were given time to turn a struggling team around.. 3 to 4 years is really a fair timeline for coaches unless there are major fights within organization maybe coupled with things like dissension with coaches and players or big trades or signings that don't work or just terrible 3 years of drafts.. 

I don;t see ZT having those types of issues.. I do think this year will be crucial for him to continue to coach.. I don;t think he has to have a winning record but he does need to get it more wins and play better as a team overall. 
Go ahead and mark me down for 17 wins every year from now until the end of time..followed by 1 and dones every year till the end of time..
If I'm wrong it'll be the first ever time I've ever been wrong. 

What? You think I'm exaggerating or something? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(05-19-2021, 12:03 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: my point was he went 10-6 first year and sadly it seemd Miami went into a spiral.. im not saying they should have let him go but after what happen in NY maybe it was the right move.  With that said rebounds don;t always happen overnight and like in Miami case.. one winning season does not mean rebound either.

It has been mentioned many times there are some great to good coaches that were given time to turn a struggling team around.. 3 to 4 years is really a fair timeline for coaches unless there are major fights within organization maybe coupled with things like dissension with coaches and players or big trades or signings that don't work or just terrible 3 years of drafts.. 

I don;t see ZT having those types of issues.. I do think this year will be crucial for him to continue to coach.. I don;t think he has to have a winning record but he does need to get it more wins and play better as a team overall. 

I agree with a lot of what your saying but I truly think there are so many questions going into this year that this team could should a huge amount of improvement but finish with around the same schedule. 

I agree with most people that Burrow will take the snaps in Game 1, but i dont think he'll play any snaps in the pre-season and I think the only action in camp he'll get is throwing to receivers in camp to help get his timing down.  If this is what happens, then how many games does it take for Burrow to be comfortable with game speed, with defensive players diving at his legs, with getting hit in general?  

Then I think it's going to also take some time for the OL to get going because you don't implement a new scheme and expect to be the best running team/blocking team in the league.  Hell this team has a LONG way to go to become average.  So again how long does this take?  

Then with the defense, Lou has to show he can actually coach a defense.  He hasnt proven anything yet.  So how long does it take all these pieces to play together?  

Again, like i said in the beginning this team could be majorly improved but all these pieces they added aren't going to become comhesive overnight. 
I have to wonder how many within the organization in general have a deep down gnawing feeling that the Bengals as a team will never be capable of winning over the long term.. Has it become the ol self fulfilling prophecy or did Mikey cut a secret deal to always be the preeminent losing team in exchange for the riches involved with the league?  Yeah, I know. Sounds like conspiracy theory mongering.. if such conspiracy theory ever becomes public I won't exactly be shocked..Billions in exchange for a losing team? People have been known to throw games and fights for a hell of a lot less..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

I don't have any faith in this coaching staff, but at the same time I can't bring myself to actually predict a five win season.

It is not that I am afraid of any "I told you so". Instead I just want to have hope.

So no predictions from me this year.
I feel enthusiastic and optimistic about what this season may bring. I'm rather excited for this season to begin!
(05-13-2021, 12:28 PM)GodFather Wrote: Let's see your predictions for the 2021 season now that the FA and draft are all wrapped up.

Heres mine:

Sept. 12: Minnesota.  LOSS  WIN
Sept. 19: Chicago (away). WIN  WIN
Sept. 26: Pittsburgh (away). LOSS  WIN
Sept. 30: Jacksonville. WIN  WIN
Oct. 10: Green Bay. WIN  WIN
Oct. 17: Detroit (away) WIN  WIN
Oct. 24: Baltimore (away) LOSS  LOSS
Oct. 31: New York Jets (away) WIN  WIN
Nov. 7: Cleveland LOSS  Loss
Nov. 14: Bye week
Nov. 21: Las Vegas (away) LOSS  WIN
Nov. 28: Pittsburgh LOSS  WIN
Dec. 5: L.A. Chargers LOSS  WIN
Dec. 12: San Francisco LOSS  LOSS
Dec. 19: Denver (away) WIN  LOSS
Dec. 26: Baltimore LOSS  WIN
Jan. 2: Kansas City LOSS  LOSS
Jan. 9: Cleveland (away) LOSS  WIN

I have them going 6-11 this season. Let everyone see your early predictions!

12-5. Laugh all you want.
(05-17-2021, 12:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well at least we would have a new HC for sure if this happened...

I never take a HC firing for granted.

After going 11-5 in 2005, the team got progressively worse for 3 straight seasons, culminating with a disastrous 2008 season. We started 1-11-1. Most teams would've fired Marvin right there. Instead he wins 3 straight at the end and we use that as an excuse to bring him back.

In 2010, we lost a whopping 10 straight, despite Super Bowl level expectations. Every team but the Bengals fires Marv here as well.

2015 playoff meltdown brought Merv's playoff record to 0-7, and it was such an embarrassing loss of composure on a national stage. Again, 99% of teams fire Marv here. I'm pretty sure no coach has ever stayed in one spot as long as Marv without a playoff win.

We kept Shula around so long that he was able to set the record for "fastest to 50 losses". A record that will never be broken, unless by Taylor.

After a 7-2 record as interim coach (following Shula), Coslet went 14-37 over the next 3+ seasons, and still wasn't fired. He resigned out of embarrassment after being outscored 74-7 in the first 3 weeks. The Bengals were going to keep the guy after that. Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(05-20-2021, 01:19 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I never take a HC firing for granted.

After going 11-5 in 2005, the team got progressively worse for 3 straight seasons, culminating with a disastrous 2008 season. We started 1-11-1. Most teams would've fired Marvin right there. Instead he wins 3 straight at the end and we use that as an excuse to bring him back.

In 2010, we lost a whopping 10 straight, despite Super Bowl level expectations. Every team but the Bengals fires Marv here as well.

2015 playoff meltdown brought Merv's playoff record to 0-7, and it was such an embarrassing loss of composure on a national stage. Again, 99% of teams fire Marv here. I'm pretty sure no coach has ever stayed in one spot as long as Marv without a playoff win.

We kept Shula around so long that he was able to set the record for "fastest to 50 losses". A record that will never be broken, unless by Taylor.

After a 7-2 record as interim coach (following Shula), Coslet went 14-37 over the next 3+ seasons, and still wasn't fired. He resigned out of embarrassment after being outscored 74-7 in the first 3 weeks. The Bengals were going to keep the guy after that. Mellow

Pleas stop with this "every other team" BS.  

There have been lots of team who did not fire their coach after a winning just 19 games over three seasons.  Especially when the "disastrous" third season was without their Pro Bowl QB.

Not every team would fire their coach for a losing record the year after we was selected "NFL Coach of the Year".

Not every team would fire their head coach after the best season they had had in 35 years just because they lost a playoff game in the last seconds with their back up QB.

So feel free to give your opinion, but stop acting like every other team in the league would agree with you.

BTW I have to point out that if you had been running the Bengals you would have fired Sam Wyche for only winning 4 games in 1987 dropping his record to 29-34 with zero playoff appearances.