Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make the Trade!
(09-08-2019, 10:04 PM)Tdscott11 Wrote: Lol, Dalton choked and single-handedly lost the game, per the usual. Two key turnovers (redzone and game-ender). Yeah, he should be real "proud" of himself. He tried real hard, give him a trophy.

Eat ****.

Why haven't you been banned?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:28 PM)Brimey Wrote: Dalton played his ass off. It's bizarre to say this about highly paid professionals, but they should be proud and optimistic about how they played. They came to ball. Something seemed different. Let's see where it goes

“They came to ball.” Yes. This!

I haven’t seen this much energy from the Bengals on defense since Mike Zimmer was here. The tackling was hard and brutal and the linebackers didn’t look lost in space.

Something IS different — and it’s only going to get better from here.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: “They came to ball.”  Yes.  This!

I haven’t seen this much energy from the Bengals on defense since Mike Zimmer was here.  The tackling was hard and brutal and the linebackers didn’t look lost in space.  

Something IS different — and it’s only going to get better from here.

Running to the ball, gang tackling, sacking the QB...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:09 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Eat ****.

Why haven't you been banned?

Why would I be banned? You're the one making personal attacks here. Me, I'm just pissed off that we lost and I'm pissed off that Andy Dalton continues to make the same mistakes after a decade of failure. I want this team to win. I don't care about the players on any kind of personal level. I want the BENGALS to win. Are we only allowed to say great things about players, even after multiple crucial turnovers that lead to a loss? I honestly don't understand all of the optimism following a loss. A loss is a loss is a loss is a loss. Winners win and losers lose. Today, they did just enough to lose and 90% of the board is giddy with excitement. Personally, I'm sick of losing.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:14 PM)McC Wrote: Running to the ball, gang tackling, sacking the QB...

...which is how the Ravens played under Marvin Lewis and how the Steelers played under Richard LeBeau. I didn’t even see anything like this today with Mike Zimmer here. This is extreme improvement in a matter of months.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...and he wears a rubber wedding band.

C’mon that’s perfectly fair to make fun of lol

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:04 PM)Tdscott11 Wrote: Lol, Dalton choked and single-handedly lost the game, per the usual. Two key turnovers (redzone and game-ender). Yeah, he should be real "proud" of himself. He tried real hard, give him a trophy.

Duse, wet ball caused the first turnover, and the "game ender" was clearly an incomplete pass.

You have 6 posts... all garbage.
Hope the mods get rid of you soon.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:16 PM)Tdscott11 Wrote: Why would I be banned? You're the one making personal attacks here. Me, I'm just pissed off that we lost and I'm pissed off that Andy Dalton continues to make the same mistakes after a decade of failure. I want this team to win. I don't care about the players on any kind of personal level. I want the BENGALS to win. Are we only allowed to say great things about players, even after multiple crucial turnovers that lead to a loss? I honestly don't understand all of the optimism following a loss. A loss is a loss is a loss is a loss. Winners win and losers lose. Today, they did just enough to lose and 90% of the board is giddy with excitement. Personally, I'm sick of losing.

A personal attack is calling you names or belittling you; I'm reacting to your words, not to your character.

Secondly, you're trolling and shitposting; you can be objective without belittling others (calling us morons {paraphrasing} for seeing great things out of our team and our QB who played OBJECTIVELY, lights out), but you're choosing to take the immature route; you will be met with vitriol every time.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:47 PM)NKURyan Wrote: 16 point underdog? Introduce me to your bookie lol.

Sorry I meant 10 still major underdog 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: C’mon that’s perfectly fair to make fun of lol

My old boss wears one! lol
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:04 PM)Tdscott11 Wrote: Lol, Dalton choked and single-handedly lost the game, per the usual. Two key turnovers (redzone and game-ender). Yeah, he should be real "proud" of himself. He tried real hard, give him them trophy
First turnover hurt, lost ball in rain, 2nd turnover was desperate and questionable, we would have had one play last 65 yards away.. as for choking you put up 400 yes 2 tds and over 100 passer rating..that's not choking
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:16 PM)Tdscott11 Wrote: Why would I be banned? You're the one making personal attacks here. Me, I'm just pissed off that we lost and I'm pissed off that Andy Dalton continues to make the same mistakes after a decade of failure. I want this team to win. I don't care about the players on any kind of personal level. I want the BENGALS to win. Are we only allowed to say great things about players, even after multiple crucial turnovers that lead to a loss? I honestly don't understand all of the optimism following a loss. A loss is a loss is a loss is a loss. Winners win and losers lose. Today, they did just enough to lose and 90% of the board is giddy with excitement. Personally, I'm sick of losing.

You're not much on seeing the finer points.  Okay.  Not everybody is.  Let me break it down for you.

Seattle--had won their last 14 home games in September.  Bengals, coming off a six win season with a horrible defense and mediocre at best offense, most of the world predicting somewhere between 3 and 6 wins, 9.5 point underdogs, a practically unheard of number.  Brand new HC, first time DC.  Nobody knows what to expect.

What do we get?  A great effort, a game lost by about two or three plays, moving the ball, playing very tough defense, sacking Russell Wilson, holding the best rushing team in the league last year to under a hundred yards on the ground.

Reasonable fans are looking for hope, for signs that things are changing, that we might now actually have a real team on our hands.  Reasonable fans are not saying a bunch of bizarre, anger driven shit about people cracking their skulls, etc.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:20 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Duse, wet ball caused the first turnover, and the "game ender" was clearly an incomplete pass.

You have 6 posts... all garbage.
Hope the mods get rid of you soon.

I agree OP and anyone supporting his stance is trolling, but Andy Dalton caused that first turnover. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: A personal attack is calling you names or belittling you; I'm reacting to your words, not to your character.

Secondly, you're trolling and shitposting; you can be objective without belittling others (calling us morons {paraphrasing} for seeing great things out of our team and our QB who played OBJECTIVELY, lights out), but you're choosing to take the immature route; you will be met with vitriol every time.

So anything other than unbridled optimism is "trolling". Got it. And saying "I don't understand all of the optimism following a loss" equates to belittling others and calling them morons. Got it. If that's how you interpret people who disagree with you, then I can see why you'd be upset and think me a "troll". However  you're the one making it personal here. I just want the Bengals to win and my week is RUINED when they lose. I'd like to see them win a Super Bowl sometime before I die.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:26 PM)McC Wrote: You're not much on seeing the finer points.  Okay.  Not everybody is.  Let me break it down for you.

Seattle--had won their last 14 home games in September.  Bengals, coming off a six win season with a horrible defense and mediocre at best offense, most of the world predicting somewhere between 3 and 6 wins, 9.5 point underdogs, a practically unheard of number.  Brand new HC, first time DC.  Nobody knows what to expect.

What do we get?  A great effort, a game lost by about two or three plays, moving the ball, playing very tough defense, sacking Russell Wilson, holding the best rushing team in the league last year to under a hundred yards on the ground.

Reasonable fans are looking for hope, for signs that things are changing, that we might now actually have a real team on our hands.  Reasonable fans are not saying a bunch of bizarre, anger driven shit about people cracking their skulls, etc.

You choose to focus on the positives. I choose to focus on the negatives. Guess which one determined the outcome of the game (the only thing that matters to me).
Reply/Quote

WHAT????

We missed a field goal and lost by 1, but the QB single handedly lost the game.

I don't recall Andy getting a stupid personal foul to keep the Seahawks drive alive and allow them to score 7, either...
Reply/Quote

You would think Dalton has won us countless playoff games or something. I don’t get why everyone makes this personal. Dalton is clearly not in the future, whether you believe that or not, your going to come to this realization before the season ends. Why not be pro active for a change to make this team better going forward. Did Dalton put up good numbers, sure but he still made some questionable decisions a 9 year vet shouldn’t be making. I get everyone wants to see how he does under this coach but to attack others for not seeing the same outcome as you is pathetic. Dalton May put up pro bowl numbers with this coach but until he can carry this team a game or two it dosent matter. There’s a Dalton line for a reason, he’s inconsistent as hell. I don’t see how anyone can honestly see this team going to a SB with Dalton this year or next so... why is this question so crazy?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:23 PM)TKUHL Wrote: In an obvious rebuilding year where everyone is convinced a QB will be the first round pick next year, depending how we finish. Would you (if Jax is willing) make the trade of Dalton to Jax for a 1 st round pick or Oline help. We can see what we have in Finley this season to see if he has what it takes while getting another first round pick to better position ourself to make a move on a QB next year. I’ve been tough on Dalton, but I don’t think anyone can honestly say they have confidence in Dalton to carry this team to a SB. Make the future happen now. Or do you stick with what we have now.

Back to the OP...

No, it is not an obvious rebuilding year, so don't trade Dalton to Jacksonville.

Besides, the tackle the Jaguars would want to put in the trade would be Ced Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: C’mon that’s perfectly fair to make fun of lol

The guy wants to honor his wife, even while he's playing, and he doesn't give a rip what people think about it. That's a plus in my book.

Also, he's not the only one wearing a rubber wedding band. Pig Ben, Philip Rivers and several others wear them as well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:33 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: WHAT????

We missed a field goal and lost by 1, but the QB single handedly lost the game.

I don't recall Andy getting a stupid personal foul to keep the Seahawks drive alive and allow them to score 7, either...

Fair enough, "single-handedly" was an over exaggeration. Randy, DreK and Erickson all had a hand in as well. But Andy was today's weakest link.
Reply/Quote