Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malik Jefferson, any chance?
Malik Jefferson will be going into year two and Jordan Evans will be going into year three I'm looking forward to seeing how they progressed.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 01:02 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I wasn't fond of this guy when we drafted him, felt worse about him once I saw him on the field.

What do we do with this kid? Is there any chances the coaches can get something out of him? At this point it seems like one of the worst 3rd round picks we have made in ages.

All this talk about LB and this guy never comes up, because I think all of us clearly already know he is a huge liability out there.

Thoughts?

You forget about Will Clarke, and Brandon Thompson and those boys already???
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 03:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Nickerson was extremely bad. What would it have hurt to play Jefferson?

Same with Westerman on offense.

We were still competing for a playoff...

Sorry.  Couldn't even get that out with a straight face.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 02:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think that is what shocked me the most about Jefferson's development. You had a defense that was giving up 5+ TDs a game, would it really hurt to get the guy in there to get his feet wet?

I was happy when we drafted him. Then like you said as the year went on it was tough to imagine he was worse then the trash we had out there. I hope it's true that he's just a slow learner and suprises people this year. If he gets it together and we draft a coverage LB like Pratt, G that pans out, I think our LB's will be in pretty good shape even if we miss out on White or Bush.
Reply/Quote
I am waiting to see the new LB coach and his impact on the backers this year. Jefferson has the physical tools sort of like Taylor Mays but will he be able to use those skills to impact the game.

Like him or hate him, Burfict did not necessarily have the physical tools but he was great at diagnosing plays.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
At the combine he was 6'2, 236 lbs, ran a 4.52, and put up 27 reps. Add to that he accumulated 110 tackles his last year at Texas. So many positives to hope for.
Reply/Quote
the coaching change will help him.

Lewis ran a very dictatorial Team, and demanded loyalty to him, from his players.

I feel he underutilized certain players, especially rookies.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 03:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Nickerson was extremely bad. What would it have hurt to play Jefferson?

Same with Westerman on offense.

If Westerman wants to start, he needs to improve his lateral movement. He's a mauler going north and south.... east and west, not so much.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 04:12 PM)Synric Wrote: Malik Jefferson will be going into year two and Jordan Evans will be going into year three I'm looking forward to seeing how they progressed.

Evans made big strides in his game last year. If he continues to improve with the new linebacking coaches, he may become a very good player. I think having Haslett here hampered all the linebackers developments
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 08:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Evans made big strides in his game last year. If he continues to improve with the new linebacking coaches, he may become a very good player. I think having Haslett here hampered all the linebackers developments

I LOVED what I saw from him last year, he just needs to clean up the consistency.

That Tampa game was beyond phenomenal; probably the best LB game from one of our players on the stat sheet, since Vinny Rey's 2013 performance against the Ravens.

But then he had massive failure games as well; gotta clean that up...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 01:02 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I wasn't fond of this guy when we drafted him, felt worse about him once I saw him on the field.

What do we do with this kid? Is there any chances the coaches can get something out of him? At this point it seems like one of the worst 3rd round picks we have made in ages.

All this talk about LB and this guy never comes up, because I think all of us clearly already know he is a huge liability out there.

Thoughts?

You felt worse about him in the total of 11 defensive snaps he took last year? Seems a little premature to make a determination like that on a 3rd round pick, doesn't it? I think he could become a good WILL if not asked to do too much, as that seems to be his main weakness. Dude just needs a modern day LB coach to help him.

I'm giving Jefferson two more seasons before I pass judgement.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 08:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If Westerman wants to start, he needs to improve his lateral movement. He's a mauler going north and south.... east and west, not so much.

Interesting thing about this is many of us fans have been clamoring for north-south maulers on the OL for years, but we never got our wish because the team wanted lateral guys instead because that's what the scheme was. Maybe with the new regime we start to see a drive-off-the-ball kind of scheme. 
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Thoughts?

Did we actually see him on defense? If so, it couldn't have been for many plays.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 05:05 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Did we actually see him on defense? If so, it couldn't have been for many plays.

It was 11 total defensive snaps. ELEVEN!
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 08:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Evans made big strides in his game last year. If he continues to improve with the new linebacking coaches, he may become a very good player. I think having Haslett here hampered all the linebackers developments

(03-25-2019, 09:35 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I LOVED what I saw from him last year, he just needs to clean up the consistency.

That Tampa game was beyond phenomenal; probably the best LB game from one of our players on the stat sheet, since Vinny Rey's 2013 performance against the Ravens.

Evans is frustrating because he has all the tools but he has played very poorly at times here.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 09:35 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I LOVED what I saw from him last year, he just needs to clean up the consistency.

Same here.
1st year lost out there,
2nd year very good in spurts and sometimes still a little lost.
3rd year, hoping that his floor rises and he has very few games where he's lost, and more good ones.

I would wait on Malik for at least this year to see if he has it in him as well. Like Jordan he's got all the tools you want, just needs to put it together, and when they do, they are good.
Reply/Quote
Malik Jefferson, any chance? Any chance of what? Getting another team to trade us our 3rd round pick back for him? Ninja

Seriously, the guy has plenty of physical talent. If they're going to keep him around, they need to start playing him, and coaching him up. Eleven defensive snaps is great, so long as you have him on the 5 year plan to become a starter. We gotta get this guy involved in ways that he can produce for the team. Otherwise, he'll just be another of those wasted, mid-round LB picks that we've seen so many of in the past several years.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This 11 snaps you speak of, these are just his regular season snaps right?

11 snaps in the regular season because in Pre-season he showed he has 0 awareness on the field. When he was playing non-starters, he looked worse than those guys soooo.....

Hope the light suddenly turns on, but not seeing that happening anytime soon! Maybe he will have a great year 3 and we can pay him 'Hart money' lol
Reply/Quote
Last year was basically a waste for him. He needs to play to get better and it seems like you can only gt so much out of practicing with the 2nd/3rd teamers. All that being said I think he will get his shot this year to compete for a spot. I dont think he ever got that chance last year.
Reply/Quote
Big fan of Malik the Freak. Thinking he might to well as a run and chase Will
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote