Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malik Jefferson, any chance?
(03-27-2019, 06:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: FWIW, Frank Pollack did a damn fine job, with what he had to work with.  Before the injuries took their toll on the team for the season, the offense was able to score behind that shitty line.

Weather you actually stated that Fisher and Ogbuehi would be starters is just syntax.  You threw out a statement that could easily be construed as implying that they were intended to be the starters.  My suggestion would be that if you don't like catching heat for throwing things out there, be careful what you throw out there.  This is coming from a guy that catches plenty of heat for things that I throw out there..

There's no denying that Pollack did a great job. If anything, we should credit Bobby Hart not being a total disaster enough for him to get extended to Pollack. I'm willing to be on the wait and see approach with Jim Turner cause they did have a good OL down at A&M and he likes the big mauler type of players that this OL has been missing for years but I was definitely sad to see Pollack go. Hope the downgrade won't be that bad.

The hope was that Fisher or Ogbuehi would show enough improvement under Pollack to start at RT. Glenn was already penciled in at LT so they both couldn't start. It wasn't until Bobby Hart was getting reps with the first team during camp that killed those expectations. I can admit that I should've worded it better but it was definitely a real story.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 07:47 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

I believe Haslett was leading the race for the worst position coach in the NFL. I wouldn't surprise me at all if Jefferson improves a lot this season.

And that is another puzzle of the ML tenure. Why would the LBer whisperer be content to ride with such a bad coach ?

Exactly, just cause a guy was a good player like Haslett doesn't mean he is a good coach and we heard it straight from London Fletcher before we even brought Haslett in. Definately the biggest puzzling deal with Marv is how bad he was with Linebackers here not including Burfict and Odell. I have much higher hopes on Defense now that we got a new LB coach and we can get one of the top LB's in the Draft to boot.

We will be better at LB, the question is how much better. Still thinking the new LB coach might be our most underrated acquisition.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 08:07 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: There's no denying that Pollack did a great job. If anything, we should credit Bobby Hart not being a total disaster enough for him to get extended to Pollack. I'm willing to be on the wait and see approach with Jim Turner cause they did have a good OL down at A&M and he likes the big mauler type of players that this OL has been missing for years but I was definitely sad to see Pollack go. Hope the downgrade won't be that bad.

The hope was that Fisher or Ogbuehi would show enough improvement under Pollack to start at RT. Glenn was already penciled in at LT so they both couldn't start. It wasn't until Bobby Hart was getting reps with the first team during camp that killed those expectations. I can admit that I should've worded it better but it was definitely a real story.

All of the "hot topic news item" stuff about Turner aside, he does seem to have the ability to put a line together and make them work.  That year the hazing stuff broke out with the Dolphins, they were poised to be a dominating OL.  Coach Taylor selected him for a reason, I think that reason is that Turner develops the type of OL that he wants his offense to have.  I'm willing to forget his previous character marks, and allow him to do his job.  I just hope that the rest of the fan base is on board.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote