Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malik Wright says its Chase
(04-15-2021, 11:10 AM)yang Wrote: Dane Brugler agrees with Dan Hoard and Jay Morrison that it should be Sewell but says word around the league is everyone believes it will be Chase.

I am cool with Chase and if you need to trade back up in the 1st to get the tackle if you think your starter is there.   I tend to believe a starting RT will be there in the 2nd and a guard in the 3rd.  

I also believe there will be more free agent signings after the draft and teams cut players.

I agree 100% and at bargains as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 06:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree 100% and at bargains as well.

Yeah, contrary to some people's beliefs it isn't the end of the world if we don't take Sewell at 5.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 10:09 PM)J24 Wrote: Actually Lap mentioned that they were high on him and could draft him. I remember laughing it off and then we drafted Eifert.

I did too.  I think quite a lot of fans did at the time.

We already had Gresham who was a former 1st round TE pick.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 07:22 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I did too.  I think quite a lot of fans did at the time.

We already had Gresham who was a former 1st round TE pick.

Yeah, that was the draft I came to understand Lap knew what he was talking about.  I thought there was no way with Gresham, but there it was. Still pissed they passed on Ogletree.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 07:45 PM)Burma Wrote: Yeah, that was the draft I came to understand Lap knew what he was talking about.  I thought there was no way with Gresham, but there it was. Still pissed they passed on Ogletree.

Definitely.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 09:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Except that’s not really true anymore. We just went out and spent top dollar (some would say overpaid) for a CB and a NT last offseason. It’s probably more about term and guaranteed money.

Eh, those weren't record breaking contracts for a DT and CB.  They didn't sign any O-linemen at a top dollar contract and passed on paying Golliday a long term deal.

They still hang out in the 2nd tier, which is much better than the 3/4/5tj tier they used to do
Reply/Quote
Tyler Dragon doubled down saying Chase is the pick.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 02:20 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Eh, those weren't record breaking contracts for a DT and CB.  They didn't sign any O-linemen at a top dollar contract and passed on paying Golliday a long term deal.

They still hang out in the 2nd tier, which is much better than the 3/4/5tj tier they used to do

Reader is the 8th highest paid DT in the league, and Waynes is the 9th highest paid CB. I don’t really consider that “2nd tier.”

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 07:22 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I said it for a while. It’s the difference between the depth of o line talent vs the talent at outside receiver

I believe this is what they are thinking too.  You have only a few elite WRs in the this draft.  You have a lot of OT and G that are good/solid.  You go with the elite pick.  Someone will be there in the 2nd that is a solid OL guy.  It's statistics.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 03:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Reader is the 8th highest paid DT in the league, and Waynes is the 9th highest paid CB. I don’t really consider that “2nd tier.”

I agree.  That Reader signing actually made me take notice of the Bengals again. I haven't really given two ***** about the Bengals for the last few years and had really stepped back from them.  That signing gave the impression that real changes had taken place and a new approach to running the team was in place.  

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 08:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Since taking over in the early 90’s Mike Brown has actually taken more linemen in the 1st round than he has WR’s. I was kind of surprised to learn that, as the “shiny toy obsession” narrative is pretty much presented as fact around here.

There are only 2 starters at WR and 5 starters on the line, so it's not surprising that we've taken more linemen than WRs. When you expand it to include all skill positions (RB, WR, TE), it's dead even at 7 each.

When you also include the 2nd round, it heavily favors "shiny toys" as the Bengals have taken a lot of linemen in rounds 3-5 and way more skill position guys in round 2. That's where the rep comes from.

Not to mention we've made some splashes in free agency at WR and RB through the years, but rarely have we signed a big time lineman.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2021, 12:06 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I believe this is what they are thinking too.  You have only a few elite WRs in the this draft.  You have a lot of OT and G that are good/solid.  You go with the elite pick.  Someone will be there in the 2nd that is a solid OL guy.  It's statistics.

And you really only have 1 elite tackle and a bunch of good/solid WR as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 03:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Reader is the 8th highest paid DT in the league, and Waynes is the 9th highest paid CB. I don’t really consider that “2nd tier.”

They might be paid like 1st Tier players but their definitely 2nd Tier players. That's the problem with free agency you over pay guys.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote