Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt very under the radar pick
(12-22-2020, 01:19 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: He has played in 102 NFL games with 26 starts, and has 8.5 Sacks. 

Lol

If it weren't for our clown organization, he would be out of football right now

To go along with the 8.5 sacks, he also has 9 passed knocked down, 26 TFL, 23 QB hits, and 5 blocked kicks.

Sack numbers don't always indicate the true value of a players impact on a game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 01:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: He's "a guy". A dude you use to spell a starter here and there. He stuck with Indy a while, Saints picked him up then waived him, we really had no one to turn to at the time. He's gone from awful to "a guy". He's playing interior d line, and "a guy" isn't going to grab a ton of sacks anyway, especially at that position. We are currently fielding "guys" on the interior line due to injury and Covid opt out. He's made some nice plays in the run game here and there, had another one last night on the edge, and blocked a couple passes. You can't ask for much more from a roster filler.

Exactly

You can't have 22 ALL PROS on a team. Well unless you're the Yankees. Am I chomping at the bit to bring Hunt back on a high dollar deal next year ? No

But I wouldn't at all be opposed to seeing what he's got next year as "a guy" at "a guy" salary.
Reply/Quote
Agree he's a rotational guy. Also Special Teams. I remember him blocking a punt right at the end of his first stint with us.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 06:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 2018 he had 5 sacks and 13 TFL for the Colts, but I think he was a 4-3 DE there also.

Do I want him starting for us next year? No.

Would I mind keeping him to play in a rotation?  No.

He played NT/IDL for the Colts. He's plenty good enough to earn a spot as a rotational IDL/special teamer, though he is getting up there in age. 
Reply/Quote
When we picked Margus the first time, he played as a DE. He was brought in this time to replenish the depleted DT position. This is where he shines. He's just much better on the inside, where he can use his phenomenal strength to bull rush and collapse the pocket, and use his height to knock down passes. I hope they resign him.
Reply/Quote
Margus Hunt is atrocious

Of course our lemming fans want to ogle over a retread, multiple released, former bengal scrub.

You all are hilarious. Bu, bu, bu he has been pretty not awful for 3 games!

Most of our fans are as stupid as the ownership group
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 11:56 AM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Margus Hunt is atrocious

Of course our lemming fans want to ogle over a retread, multiple released, former bengal scrub.

You all are hilarious.   Bu, bu, bu he has been pretty not awful for 3 games!

Most of our fans are as stupid as the ownership group

cant have all pros in every position espeically as a rotational piece or backup player...    there just isnt enough all pro players or cash for that
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 12:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: cant have all pros in every position espeically as a rotational piece or backup player...    there just isnt enough all pro players or cash for that

Exactly, what's stupid is people that don't understand this simple concept.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 12:32 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Exactly, what's stupid is people that don't understand this simple concept.

What’s stupid is that fans don’t understand there are other players, who don’t have ties to the bungles, who are options to come In with different skills to produce. Hunt had his shot, he was freaking awful.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 01:25 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: What’s stupid is that fans don’t understand there are other players, who don’t have ties to the bungles, who are options to come In with different skills to produce.  Hunt had his shot, he was freaking awful.

Are you the one who likes to make arguments out of thin air? I can't remember. Anyway, Hunt coming back as a role player would be great. No one wants him as the starter/majority snaps. You're just being silly. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 01:27 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: He made a fantastic TFL on a critical third down, I believe.

Nah, he blew up the play and forced the RB to jump outside further allowing someone else to make the TFL, but he didn't make it himself. 

I don't mind him being kept around as a cheap backup player, but it is worth keeping in mind that he'll be 34 next season.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 01:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't mind him being kept around as a cheap backup player, but it is worth keeping in mind that he'll be 34 next season.

true...  But he looks in good condition and doesnt have the wear and tear on his body some of these other guys due.. Simply cause hes been playing football for a lot less time.

Is hunt a long term answer. No  But does it hurt to have him compete in camp? also no.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 01:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nah, he blew up the play and forced the RB to jump outside further allowing someone else to make the TFL, but he didn't make it himself. 

I don't mind him being kept around as a cheap backup player, but it is worth keeping in mind that he'll be 34 next season.

Agreed...but I didn't realize he was THAT old.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 01:25 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: What’s stupid is that fans don’t understand there are other players, who don’t have ties to the bungles, who are options to come In with different skills to produce.  Hunt had his shot, he was freaking awful.

I don't really care where he's played before....and I was livid at the pick at the time, and wanted him out of here.

What everyone here is saying though, is that he has improved since then, and it appears the Bengals were also playing him out of position. He's much more effective from the interior line. There's nothing stupid about these observations. 

Calling folks stupid for saying a guy is doing ok and would likely be alright for a BACKUP/ROTATIONAL player at a cheap price is a bit over the top.

Reply/Quote

What does "having ties" have to do with the price of eggs in China ? The guy had like 14 and a half minutes experience playing football back then and yes he was an extreme reach. And he didn't do that well as we tried to use him.

LET IT GO

He's decent now as a special teamer/backup. There's nobody here pounding the table saying he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. And I doubt anybody is gonna freak out if he doesn't make it next season. But the salary cap is dropping so he may be a decent option to have around at a lower price.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 01:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: true...  But he looks in good condition and doesnt have the wear and tear on his body some of these other guys due.. Simply cause hes been playing football for a lot less time.

Is hunt a long term answer. No  But does it hurt to have him compete in camp? also no.

Not particularly so anymore. This is his 8th season in the NFL, so next year will be his 9th. He played in college for 4 years, too.

12 years going on 13 of College/Pro football is plenty of wear and tear to worry about a guy heading into his age 34 season.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 02:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: What does "having ties" have to do with the price of eggs in China ? The guy had like 14 and a half minutes experience playing football back then and yes he was an extreme reach. And he didn't do that well as we tried to use him.

LET IT GO

He's decent now as a special teamer/backup. There's nobody here pounding the table saying he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. And I doubt anybody is gonna freak out if he doesn't make it next season. But the salary cap is dropping so he may be a decent option to have around at a lower price.

Because the Bungles are a laughingstock organization, and they should explore OTHER options instead of the same, safe,  familiar losers they have already seen play miserably.   Internal Mgmt nepotism and fan-attachment to any player with Cincy history is so hilarious.  Reds/Bengals alike, lets bring back Peko, Hunt, Bronson, Cozart, etc, etc, etc.

All of you are lemmings. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 02:43 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Because the Bungles are a laughingstock organization, and they should explore OTHER options instead of the same, safe,  familiar losers they have already seen play miserably.   Internal Mgmt nepotism and fan-attachment to any player with Cincy history is so hilarious.   Reds/Bengals alike, lets bring back Peko, Hunt, Bronson, Cozart, etc, etc, etc.  

All of you are lemmings. 

Okay sir at the time we picked up Hunt  (mid season due to injury)  who else was sitting out there available? that you feel could have came in and contributed more than Hunt has in that same span of time?
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 03:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Okay sir at the time we picked up Hunt  (mid season due to injury)  who else was sitting out there available? that you feel could have came in and contributed more than Hunt has in that same span of time?

He's a Stooler fan trolling this board, Don't give him the attention.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 03:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Okay sir at the time we picked up Hunt  (mid season due to injury)  who else was sitting out there available? that you feel could have came in and contributed more than Hunt has in that same span of time?

Poe, Jernigan, few more.   All Younger and more productive than Hunt 
Reply/Quote