Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin
After the fiasco of this past season. What does this team do if, after the 2-year probation of ML, this team hasn't progressed to at least a league championship? Just wondering!
Reply/Quote
2-year probation? After 15 years? And you want to know what they'll do if no league championship.

Are you a Russian bot?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
What?
Reply/Quote
Saying ML is on probation reminds me of the scene in Watchmen when Rorschach says "I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me."

Mike Brown is on a two year probation. Marvin gets two more years added to his 401(k).
Reply/Quote
Just peep my avatar. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 03:57 PM)firstand10 Wrote: After the fiasco of this past season. What does this team do if, after the 2-year probation of ML, this team hasn't progressed to at least a league championship? Just wondering!

What do they do? Business as usual.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Marvin will be here as long as he wishes to be here. Performance has nothing to do it.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 03:57 PM)firstand10 Wrote: After the fiasco of this past season. What does this team do if, after the 2-year probation atta-boy of ML, this team hasn't progressed to at least a league championship? Just wondering!

a 4 year extension?  Nervous

ML leaves when ML wants to leave. There's absolutely no other explanation around it. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I actually believe that Pollack, Austin and Van Pelt all came here for a reason and all will be up for the next HC job in 2 years.

Lazor as well if he does a good job.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 05:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I actually believe that Pollack, Austin and Van Pelt all came here for a reason and all will be up for the next HC job in 2 years.

Lazor as well if he does a good job.

You're right, they did. And that reason is a paycheck! Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 03:57 PM)firstand10 Wrote: After the fiasco of this past season. What does this team do if, after the 2-year probation of ML, this team hasn't progressed to at least a league championship? Just wondering!

Well, obviously the next step would be "double secret probation", as referenced by Dean Wormer in regard to Delta Tau Chi, in Animal House..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 05:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You're right, they did. And that reason is a paycheck! Hilarious

Lol, i think it is more than that. All these guys would of gotten a paycheck regardless of where they went.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis will be the head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals until he wins a playoff game. Mike Brown will not let Marvin go until his 2003 decision to hire him is vindicated.
Reply/Quote
Marvin will be here as long as Mike Brown is alive (and I fear the same is true for Pacman).

The sad reality is that if someone, anyone... Becomes buddy-buddy with Mike Brown, they will have a job with the Bengals for as long as they want it. Results be damned, as long as Mike's family and friends are taken care of, Mike is a happy f***in' guy.
Reply/Quote
Damn, I really wish I could go back in time to when we hired Marvin and tell myself and other Bengals fans that in 15 years we will be asking what we should do about Marvin if he has no playoff wins after his 16th and 17th year as HC.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 08:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Damn, I really wish I could go back in time to when we hired Marvin and tell myself and other Bengals fans that in 15 years we will be asking what we should do about Marvin if he has no playoff wins after his 16th and 17th year as HC.

I was quite possibly the biggest Marvin Lewis fan alive from 2003-2006. Now, there's not many more on the Bengals staff that I despise more. 

Crazy how things work out sometimes. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 08:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Damn, I really wish I could go back in time to when we hired Marvin and tell myself and other Bengals fans that in 15 years we will be asking what we should do about Marvin if he has no playoff wins after his 16th and 17th year as HC.

Sure, hindsight is a wonderful thing to invoke.  However, in Mike's mind, Marvin is still the best thing that he ever brought to this team.  He likely thinks that Marvin is still awesome, despite not giving him the real ammunition to win the title.  Kind of like that old Lumina, "Dammit, that thing WILL take me to Vegas and back, one more time...".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 08:50 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I was quite possibly the biggest Marvin Lewis fan alive from 2003-2006. Now, there's not many more on the Bengals staff that I despise more. 

Crazy how things work out sometimes. 

Same here. I'm pretty sure the whole town was in love with Marvin. We just had no idea it'd be a lifetime gig.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
AFC Championship game or he's fired.
If he don't even make the playoffs, he has to kiss the ass of every season ticket holder on his way out of town while handing them their money back for the tickets.
Reply/Quote
Marvin is that one guy at work that is mediocre but keeps promoting or staying employed...No one can figure it out but it keeps happening...He is literally a glitch in the matrix...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote