Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin: Bengals have to add more players from other teams
(01-03-2018, 03:33 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account
@pauldehnerjr
Following Following @pauldehnerjr
More
Marvin: "We are going to have to do a better job of adding some guys from other clubs"

10:25 AM - 3 Jan 2018

Does this mean they are going to be active in FA?

HOPE!???
Where is my good friend , Pistons?? You know he'd like this!

Now we just have to wait and see if Marvin means more of the Dansby and Minter type FA or he makes a good decision for once....
Reply/Quote
Pursuing some top OL free agents this off-season would really open up the draft for us.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Color me jaded, but seeing is believing. We shall find out in March if this comes to fruition.
Reply/Quote
I see better than I read.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:38 PM)McC Wrote: Did he have to hold Mike down with a knife to his throat to get him to sign off on this?

Maybe they will be able to Marvin proof this team.

Hahaha u just made cough up my drink laughing at this, just imagining this is hilarious  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't see the point in adding a guard honestly unless the plan is to keep Boling at LT and/or move Westerman to C.
Boling and Westerman should be able to hold down the OG spots with Redmond as a sub.
Focus on OT and C in FA/draft IMO.

Yeah, Westerman looked pretty good and Redmond seems like he could be a good backup at the very least.

Guess we should bring back Andre and have a draft with McGlinchey and Price/Ragnow.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Westerman looked pretty good and Redmond seems like he could be a good backup at the very least.

Guess we should bring back Andre and have a draft with McGlinchey and Price/Ragnow.

That was right in line with my thinking.
OT and C within the first three rounds.
DT, S, and LB with the other two picks in the first three rounds and the remaining acquired via FA or 4th round (prefer FA).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:33 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account
@pauldehnerjr
Following Following @pauldehnerjr
More
Marvin: "We are going to have to do a better job of adding some guys from other clubs"

10:25 AM - 3 Jan 2018

Does this mean they are going to be active in FA?

HOPE!???

Holy shit!!!!!!!!  First Piano Man is gone, and now we're talking free agency?  Free--- ***** ----agency?!?!?!?!?  

I mean, it's cold outside and all, but has hell finally frozen over?

Hope it's not just lip service......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Westerman looked pretty good and Redmond seems like he could be a good backup at the very least.

You won't be able to get both Price and McGlinchey. It will have to be one or the other. They will both be gone before the 2nd round. I say Price and the Martinas Rankin is a good possibility.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:46 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You won't be able to get both Price and McGlinchey. It will have to be one or the other. They will both be gone before the 2nd round. I say Price and the Martinas Rankin is a good possibility.

We could have both lol. Won't happen, but if we traded up out of the 2nd to get Price into the 1st, we would draft McGlinchey at #12 and yeah..
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:32 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Holy shit!!!!!!!!  First Piano Man is gone, and now we're talking free agency?  Free--- ***** ----agency?!?!?!?!?  

I mean, it's cold outside and all, but has hell finally frozen over?

Hope it's not just lip service......

It’s not lip service. Marvin Lewis basically told Mike Brown if he wants a winner he needs to spend money like a winner — and Mike finally gave in. This means going after high priced free agents and paying for high priced coordinators and assistants.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s not lip service.  Marvin Lewis basically told Mike Brown if he wants a winner he needs to spend money like a winner — and Mike finally gave in.  This means going after high priced free agents and paying for high priced coordinators and assistants.

I don't know about high priced.  Maybe higher priced.  Won't go from the Stone age to the Age of Enlightenment in one fell swoop.  Will we?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:56 PM)McC Wrote: I don't know about high priced.  Maybe higher priced.  Won't go from the Stone age to the Age of Enlightenment in one fell swoop.  Will we?

We just did.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 05:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: We just did.

See, this is where a Bengal fan has to resist the urge to hope too hard until said fan sees the words put into action.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote

We will see.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 05:03 PM)McC Wrote: See, this is where a Bengal fan has to resist the urge to hope too hard until said fan sees the words put into action.

Exactly. No reason to get excited yet, but no reason to stress with 'hope' on the horizon. We'll have to wait and see.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That was right in line with my thinking.
OT and C within the first three rounds.
DT, S, and LB with the other two picks in the first three rounds and the remaining acquired via FA or 4th round (prefer FA).

Sounds like the way to go Ocho. Rock On

(01-03-2018, 04:46 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You won't be able to get both Price and McGlinchey. It will have to be one or the other. They will both be gone before the 2nd round. I say Price and the Martinas Rankin is a good possibility.

Yeah we would have to trade up into the late first most likely as Takedown says to get Price.

McGlinchey and Ragnow would be just as good in my eyes. The Center out of Arkansas. Daniels C Iowa is another thought.

Rankin is a good thought or Orlando Brown.

(01-03-2018, 04:49 PM)Takedown Wrote: We could have both lol. Won't happen, but if we traded up out of the 2nd to get Price into the 1st, we would draft McGlinchey at #12 and yeah..

Yes.

(01-03-2018, 04:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s not lip service.  Marvin Lewis basically told Mike Brown if he wants a winner he needs to spend money like a winner — and Mike finally gave in.  This means going after high priced free agents and paying for high priced coordinators and assistants.

Man i sure hope you are right FIK. Cool
Reply/Quote

How so?  I haven't seen any big name coordinators yet.  I'll believe it when I see it......it's Merv and Mike after all.  I won't lie, Piano Man's ouster has me a little bit positive for the first time in days, but I ain't ready to run out and buy a Bengals hat or anything....not even REMOTELY close to buying a ticket.  Hell, I was offered free tickets by two different people on five different occasions and passed three times due to not wanting Son of Paul to get any concession money.  (the other two times I was busy....but probably still would have passed).  This after years of attending multiple games with free tickets, and as a paying ticket buyer.  

Mikey has a LONG way to go to sell me again......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 05:06 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: How so?  I haven't seen any big name coordinators yet.  I'll believe it when I see it......it's Merv and Mike after all.  I won't lie, Piano Man's ouster has me a little bit positive for the first time in days, but I ain't ready to run out and buy a Bengals hat or anything....not even REMOTELY close to buying a ticket.  Hell, I was offered free tickets by two different people on five different occasions and passed three times due to not wanting Son of Paul to get any concession money.  (the other two times I was busy....but probably still would have passed).  This after years of attending multiple games with free tickets, and as a paying ticket buyer.  

Mikey has a LONG way to go to sell me again......

I’m not sure if even the national sports media “gets” what just happened between Mike and Marvin. Mike just relinquished control and that’s YUGE around here. Booting the Piano Man was long overdue and I can confidently assure you Marvin gave Mike an ultimatum: Keep me or keep him. Mike blinked. I’m with Cris Collinsworth who said Mike wants to win multiple Super Bowls but has no clue how.

I’m sure Bill Lazor will remain as offensive coordinator because he was with Marvin at today’s press conference and I think you’ll see a big name like Jack Del Rio or Jim Caldwell hired as defensive coordinator.

Mike still pisses me off too. He wanted to wait and see if Vance Joseph or Hue Jackson got fired because they are coaches who have operated under his tight control before and that’s the kind of coaches Mike wants...

...but let’s give credit to Marvin for talking some sense into the Son of Paul.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 05:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m not sure if even the national sports media “gets” what just happened between Mike and Marvin.  Mike just relinquished control and that’s YUGE around here.  Booting the Piano Man was long overdue and I can confidently assure you Marvin gave Mike an ultimatum:  Keep me or keep him.  Mike blinked.  I’m with Cris Collinsworth who said Mike wants to win multiple Super Bowls but has no clue how.  

I’m sure Bill Lazor will remain as offensive coordinator because he was with Marvin at today’s press conference and I think you’ll see a big name like Jack Del Rio or Jim Caldwell hired as defensive coordinator.

Mike still pisses me off too.  He wanted to wait and see if Vance Joseph or Hue Jackson got fired because they are coaches who have operated under his tight control before and that’s the kind of coaches Mike wants...

...but let’s give credit to Marvin for talking some sense into the Son of Paul.

Marvin needs to change himself too.  Not holding my breath on that one.

Reply/Quote