Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin: 'It's ridiculous and sad'
I think yeah it would be at least something to get rid of Marv and go with Hue. I wouldn't agree with it yet at this point what do we have to lose another playoff game with Marv at the helm?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:08 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Oh i hate the guy. Amazing what 5 years can do to change a opinion.

Honestly, he's the latest in a long string to be villafied by poor Bengals Management: Pickens, Dillon, Spikes, Palmer, and now Marvin.

His fault was staying too long.

It's kind of like having a Labrador that will eat as long as it's fed and MB kept feeding it. The Bengals SHOULD have moved on from him after 2013, but they didn't so he's lost all his luster.

Had he left 5 years ago for another job, people would have looked back on him fondly. Now, he embodies the Bengals woes.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:11 PM)McC Wrote: Marvin can't really be this dense, can he?

Hey Marvin got tough and pulled Redmond for constantly screwing up.

In the last game of the season, only about 12 games to late.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:11 PM)Bengal Ben Wrote: I think yeah it would be at least something to get rid of Marv and go with Hue. I wouldn't agree with it yet at this point what do we have to lose another playoff game with Marv at the helm?

The Bengals will never see the playoffs if Hue Jackson becomes head coach.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, he's the latest in a long string to be villafied by poor Bengals Management: Pickens, Dillon, Spikes, Palmer, and now Marvin.

It's kind of like having a Labrador that will eat as long as it's fed and MB kept feeding it. The Bengals SHOULD have moved on from him after 2013, but they didn't so he's lost all his luster.

Had he left 5 years ago for another job, people would have looked back on him fondly. Now, he embodies the Bengals woes.

Yeah i guess that is a more eloquent way of putting it. I'm just disgusted right now. I don't hate Merv i just kinda hate him. 

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: Apparently you've forgotten how the Mediocre Merv Militia works

This is news to me.

Who the hell belongs to the Medioicre Merv Militia?  I don't know of a single person here who wants him back.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hey Marvin got tough and pulled Redmond for constantly screwing up.

In the last game of the season, only about 12 games to late.
Marvin---Why's everybody always pickin' on me?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:17 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Yeah i guess that is a more eloquent way of putting it. I'm just disgusted right now. I don't hate Merv i just kinda hate him. 

I just don't know if any coach can come in and win here consistently.

Coughlin said it when he interviewed here. He wanted more scouts and presumably a GM. He questioned to friends if he could win under this structure.

We're seeing it play out now with Marvin...although atleast 2 of those playoff games should have been wins.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals will never see the playoffs if Hue Jackson becomes head coach.

Your probably right yet at least Marvin will be gone.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals will never see the playoffs if Hue Jackson becomes head coach.

I just can't imagine that even Mike would want the optics of replacing the worst playoff coach in NFL history with the 2nd worst regular season coach in NFL history. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me either.  
Reply/Quote
Please just retire Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I just can't imagine that even Mike would want the optics of replacing the worst playoff coach in NFL history with the 2nd worst regular season coach in NFL history. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me either.  

Mike supposedly loves Jay Gruden. I think IF Jay is available, he's the guy.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm just stoked there's another Marvin thread.

Of course folks should question. That doesn't stop the obsession from being ridiculous and sad. 

Meh, it's a pretty big deal.  Ask the Rams and Bears how worthy of obsession moving on from a ho-hum HC can be.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:11 PM)Bengal Ben Wrote: I think yeah it would be at least something to get rid of Marv and go with Hue. I wouldn't agree with it yet at this point what do we have to lose another playoff game with Marv at the helm?

Hell no. I didn't like Hue when he was a forum favorite.

He is quick to throw anyone and everyone but himself under the bus.

Most likely why Chad punched in the head at the halftime of the 2005 playoff game. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I just can't imagine that even Mike would want the optics of replacing the worst playoff coach in NFL history with the 2nd worst regular season coach in NFL history. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me either.  

If Mike Brown keeps Marvin Lewis as head coach, names Hue Jackson offensive coordinator, and hires Jack Del Rio to take over the defense I might not be upset.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just don't know if any coach can come in and win here consistently.

Coughlin said it when he interviewed here. He wanted more scouts and presumably a GM. He questioned to friends if he could win under this structure.

We're seeing it play out now with Marvin...although atleast 2 of those playoff games should have been wins.

And it wasn't just that they were losses.  It was the ugliness, the lackluster play on both sides of the ball, the mistakes, just the whole sum of it further compounds the ugliness of the 0-7, as if it even needs compounding.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, he's the latest in a long string to be villafied by poor Bengals Management: Pickens, Dillon, Spikes, Palmer, and now Marvin.

I’d probably agree with this.

I gave him a pass for along time for making the team relevant agian and getting us into the places regularly for a while. But you have to win a few of those and now after 3 lossing season enough is enough.

I Agree he could have left here as the guy who turned the franchise around but he won’t. That’s to bad.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, it's a pretty big deal.  Ask the Rams and Bears how worthy of obsession moving on from a ho-hum HC can be.

Can I ask the Giants too?

WTS, I've freely said it's time to move on from Marvin; you'll just have to excuse me if I find the constant bitching/hate to be ridiculous and sad
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I think Zimmer will be fired. Vikings went all in this year and did not even make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell no. I didn't like Hue when he was a forum favorite.

He is quick to throw anyone and everyone but himself under the bus.

Most likely why Chad punched in the head at the halftime of the 2005 playoff game. 

This is one thing we've always agreed on. Hue has always been about Hue. He has a big mouth and huge ego.
Reply/Quote