Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin: 'It's ridiculous and sad'
(12-30-2018, 10:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just don't know if any coach can come in and win here consistently.

Coughlin said it when he interviewed here. He wanted more scouts and presumably a GM. He questioned to friends if he could win under this structure.

We're seeing it play out now with Marvin...although atleast 2 of those playoff games should have been wins.

I am just unable to find sympathy for the devil right now. Perhaps someday.

I mean it may get worse. It probably will.

And then i can look back with fondness to the glory days of losing 7 PO games.

I need a drink

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 09:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: At his postgame presser, Marvin said it was “ridiculous” and “sad” that his job status became the focus these past few weeks. Wouldn't talk about his future, only saying it would be handled tomorrow.

Presser Video

At least it'll be handled right away.  Sounds like decisions have already been made, which is what pretty much everyone already believes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Whats ridiculous and sad is I think this is the 1st coach I have ever heard of that gets to "choose " if hes going to stay or not??
If this was Belichick I would understand but Marv is just an average coach who has overstayed his position for a good 5+ yrs now.
NO playoff Victories and piss poor drafting the last few yrs should get you fired everytime...but not in Mikeys Government Job for coaches.
Reply/Quote
That's more fire then he's shown after any playoff loss.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals will never see the playoffs if Hue Jackson becomes head coach.

And they won't see many fans in the stands either.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think Zimmer will be fired.  Vikings went all in this year and did not even make the playoffs.

That would be a mistake.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:46 PM)Destro Wrote: That would be a mistake.

Why should the Vikings accept mediocrity?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This is one thing we've always agreed on. Hue has always been about Hue. He has a big mouth and huge ego.

If the Bengals make that move I may move on to Capt. Luck and the blue/white Soldiers. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If the Bengals make that move I may move on to Capt. Luck and the blue/white Soldiers. 

Yeah, as much as I want Marvin gone...it would be very hard to stomach the idea of Hue being our head coach.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 09:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: At his postgame presser, Marvin said it was “ridiculous” and “sad” that his job status became the focus these past few weeks. Wouldn't talk about his future, only saying it would be handled tomorrow.

Presser Video

I get that he's frustrated, but we were out of playoff contention.  It's his third straight losing season, so speculation will happen.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is news to me.

Who the hell belongs to the Medioicre Merv Militia?  I don't know of a single person here who wants him back.

Seems there's only one left..... Hmm 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: That's more fire then he's shown after any playoff loss.

Yeah ...cause it pertained to him personally.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:57 PM)Whatever Wrote: I get that he's frustrated, but we were out of playoff contention.  It's his third straight losing season, so speculation will happen.

Yep, and after the loss today, Marvin is just 94-105 versus the AFC during his tenure here. To me, that's far more problematic than the fans and media talking about his job status.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Can I ask the Giants too?

WTS, I've freely said it's time to move on from Marvin; you'll just have to excuse me if I find the constant bitching/hate to be ridiculous and sad

You ***** about people bitching.  Got it.

Seems to be your thing.

Carry on.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is news to me.

Who the hell belongs to the Medioicre Merv Militia?  I don't know of a single person here who wants him back.

Let's not forget to bump this thread a few months from now and I think we'll have our answer.   Cool
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I think Marvin proved himself today. He took a practice squad team and stayed with the Steelers til the end. And Steelers we’re heading to the playoffs. 16 more years he might get a playoff win.

Who Dey Marvin over Hue
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 11:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep, and after the loss today, Marvin is just 94-105 versus the AFC during his tenure here. To me, that's far more problematic than the fans and media talking about his job status.

There is no accountability here.

Look how many players play bad and they don't try another guy. It's all through the organization. The de facto GM hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think Zimmer will be fired.  Vikings went all in this year and did not even make the playoffs.

I guess there's a chance.  I've heard that it's might be him or Speilman or both.  Also read on PFT that if he leaves, Anthony Barr likely won't be back.  We could use a player like that....
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 11:15 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: I think Marvin proved himself today. He took a practice squad team and stayed with the Steelers til the end. And Steelers we’re heading to the playoffs.  16 more years he might get a playoff win.

Who Dey Marvin over Hue

I think the Stoolers just played like shit.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 11:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: I think the Stoolers just played like shit.

The Steelers know that they can play bad against us for 3 quarters and play good for 1 quarter and beat us. It happens over and over.
Reply/Quote