Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Jones Leg Injury.
Marvin Lewis has gone all in on him for whatever reasons.... Must not believe he is hurt. We see how they treated Gresham, who ended up needing back surgery.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/bengals-blog/2015/08/06/bengals-marvin-jones-missing-practice/31221035/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 02:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Marvin Lewis has gone all in on him for whatever reasons.... Must not believe he is hurt. We see how they treated Gresham, who ended up needing back surgery.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/bengals-blog/2015/08/06/bengals-marvin-jones-missing-practice/31221035/

Sounds like Lewis is calling him out.   Perhaps nobody told him about the 10 touchdowns that he scored in 2013?  Or how some predict that he would have a monster season like AJ will?  Heck, if you can't get to practice, how can you get into the game?  

We may need Reggie wayne.  He's old but he knows what it takes to get himself ready to play.   Our maybe even james jones?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I heard we've been sending Fisher out on patterns on goal situations, maybe that's the solution.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 05:38 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Sounds like Lewis is calling him out.   Perhaps nobody told him about the 10 touchdowns that he scored in 2013?  Or how some predict that he would have a monster season like AJ will?  Heck, if you can't get to practice, how can you get into the game?  

We may need Reggie wayne.  He's old but he knows what it takes to get himself ready to play.   Our maybe even james jones?

This really concerns me.  He's supposed to be our #2 receiver.  I hope someone else will be able to step up.  
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 02:21 PM)Derrick Wrote: Actually, it was the first round tackle, Ogbuehi, that should never have happened. He couldn't play LT as a senior so why expect him to play it in NFL? Jake Fisher is a RT too although a better prospect IMO.  Yes, there are several made-of-glass players in Stripes. I agree a really good WR is needed.

I have my concerns over Ogbuehi.

On the one hand when  a guy like Alexander goes ga ga over a guy like he did Ogbuehi you want to think we just got really lucky.

On the other hand he whiffed on Ghiaciuc - largely I think because he was so athletic.   I'm not so sure Ogbuehi's as sharp as guys like White and Willie and you're right, Obbuehi performed well on the right side - not the left - and he's coming off a significant injury.

I wanted a speed merchant and guys like Dorsett and Lockett appealed to me more than the larger guys we already have.

In any event WR was a very thin area last year and needed to be addressed before the 7th round.  And the talent was there in 1 and 2.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 02:01 PM)milksheikh Wrote: "In order to play football he has to practice" Marvin Lewis on Marvin Jones

This quote doesn't sound too good...

Clearly his inability to stay healthy is a major concern. Marvin maybe showing a little frustration.
Reply/Quote
Marvin L is  telling Marvin J to get his butt to practice or he isn't gonna play on Sundays   

Pumpkin should trade one of our DL for a WR instead of just cutting the odd man out with nothing in return

DB for a WR would work also as we have too many NFL caliber DBs to make the final cut  deal from position(s) of strength to bolster the weak area

I would also at least talk to Reggie W & James J to see if the desire to play is still there  nothing to lose   tons of experience

What really makes me worry is the training camp WR hype I read is freakin Greg Little   we are in trouble at WR !!!!

Trade and watch for final cuts  we need more talent in the WR room
Reply/Quote
Jones will be ready to start the season. I'm confident about that. He's one of those freak athletes whose genetic makeup makes his muscles as tight as a banjo string. I know he put in a ton of work during his rehab, but I think he could use some time to let his muscles rest up and relax a bit. Yoga might do him some good, too.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
The draft of Ogbuehi has always been a giant question in my book. I wanted a front seven player, linebacker or tackle, or secondly, the best wide receiver available.

I'm not against long term thinking at all, but when you have a team that is on the brink of something great like we are, I'm for doing something that will bring more immediate help. Loved the Fisher pick in the second, but we needed something in that first round that would furnish something this year.

Do it now. You never know how long a certain group of players can stay with the team, and keep it together.
Reply/Quote
3wT & Thundercloud - see my last post on Ogbuehi. Yes it's a feature, but he's coming along seven months out.

We haven't been told specifically what is ailing Jones. Lewis told me Monday it was "sore legs" and then on Thursday he refused to specify (which he never really does). Jay Morrison tweeted it was a hammy, but I haven't been able to confirm that.

But Coley's right - it's not supposed to be a big deal or keep him out for any meaningful action. But I know Lewis, without a doubt, would love to see him get some preseason reps.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 04:16 PM)jowczarski Wrote: 3wT & Thundercloud - see my last post on Ogbuehi. Yes it's a feature, but he's coming along seven months out.

We haven't been told specifically what is ailing Jones. Lewis told me Monday it was "sore legs" and then on Thursday he refused to specify (which he never really does). Jay Morrison tweeted it was a hammy, but I haven't been able to confirm that.

But Coley's right - it's not supposed to be a big deal or keep him out for any meaningful action. But I know Lewis, without a doubt, would love to see him get some preseason reps.

Thanks Jim,

I was listening to WLW today and they seemed to believe M. Lewis was basically trying to light a fire under M. Jones. And that Jones is probably just hesitant to reengage for fear of another injury.
Reply/Quote