Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis Had Problems Figuring Out The Headset
(11-20-2018, 05:15 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Here's the article along with the video: https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/19/marvin-lewis-problems-figuring-out-headset-ravens/

This is a pretty big concern to me, and it's a little odd.

My biggest question is, since Marvin didn't know the right button to talk to the players, does that mean he's never used headsets to talk to players before? It gives his coorindators more reign; but it's weird to have a head coach not know the headset button to talk to his players.

They have channels for the O-cord, D-cord, and special teams... with the HC tying into all those. He was probably not on the right channel. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's just more buffoonery from The Buffoon King.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 01:07 AM)Whatever Wrote: It doesn't surprise me that he didn't know before taking over.  However, this is the kind of thing he should have taken a few minutes during the week to get figured out instead of letting it ride until game day and stumbling through it.  

He knew what button to hit... it's called a habit.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 08:39 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: They have channels for the O-cord, D-cord, and special teams... with the HC tying into all those. He was probably not on the right channel. 

He's been on the wrong channel for a couple years now, so it makes sense.  He's become a real wrong channel guy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:21 AM)McC Wrote: He's been on the wrong channel for a couple years now, so it makes sense.  He's become a real wrong channel guy.

Don't get me wrong, I want Marvin gone. But I also look at issues fairly. Heck, when they moved the dimmer switch from the floor to the column, I knew it was on the column...… didn't keep me from punching the floot with my foot for a few months until I got used to it. This is no different.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I want Marvin gone. But I also look at issues fairly. Heck, when they moved the dimmer switch from the floor to the column, I knew it was on the column...… didn't keep me from punching the floot with my foot for a few months until I got used to it. This is no different.

This is way different.  This is the mark of a guy floundering big time.  If you can't sufficiently see to the tiny little things, what chance do you have with the big ones?  I think that tale is being told on the field weekly.  Marvin is lost, period.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:27 AM)McC Wrote: This is way different.  This is the mark of a guy floundering big time.  If you can't sufficiently see to the tiny little things, what chance do you have with the big ones?  I think that tale is being told on the field weekly.  Marvin is lost, period.

See what you want to see. I think it was big of Marvin to even admit it. He could have just not said anything about it.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: See what you want to see. I think it was big of Marvin to even admit it. He could have just not said anything about it.

How could he not have admitted to it?  He was outed by a reporter.  

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 09:50 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, he found a set of used ones on ebay.

With a Return Address of Foxborough, Massachusetts, and clearly labeled with an "V" for visiting team.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
TBH, I have good technology I can’t even figure out. Not that Marvin gets a pass here, but can understand an issue. At 51, I have a tough time pairing a headset to my cell phone. I miss being young. When the VCR came out, my parents couldn’t figure it out but I learned it extremely fast. Damnit, did I just say VCR? Welp, just lost 80% of my audience in this thread. Ahh hell, what’s the point, I don’t even remember what we were talking about?

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 09:50 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, he found a set of used ones on ebay.

Yea he found my Craigslist add for used headsets. He asked for me to deliver them cause he only had a 1/4 tank in the Oldsmobile. Once I arrived he tried to pay me with coupons instead, of course I refused but then he made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I am the new D.C. for Cincinnati Bengals
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 01:56 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: TBH, I have good technology I can’t even figure out. Not that Marvin gets a pass here, but can understand an issue. At 51, I have a tough time pairing a headset to my cell phone. I miss being young. When the VCR came out, my parents couldn’t figure it out but I learned it extremely fast. Damnit, did I just say VCR? Welp, just lost 80% of my audience in this thread. Ahh hell, what’s the point, I don’t even remember what we were talking about?

Lol Be Kind Please Rewind. Ahhh the good ole days. Brb have to flip over my White Lion tape.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:56 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Now imagine him trying to figure out the Chiefs.

We already saw that...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
After 15+ years of what Marvin does or doesn't do, I can only offer the following:

Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Headset adjustments are a myth created by the media - Marvin Lewis
Reply/Quote
Perhaps his headset was on the wrong frequency?

"Hardy!  Hardy!  You're turned the wrong way!  Dammit act like a f'n pro!  Let's go you oaf!!"

[Image: hi-res-458917183-marvin-lewis-the-head-c...=1500&q=85][Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 02:30 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Lol Be Kind Please Rewind. Ahhh the good ole days. Brb have to flip over my White Lion tape.

Tape?  That's too new.  Today I explained the process of recording an LP to a blank 8-track tape so you could listen to it in the car to my gf's niece and she looked at me like I was from Mars.
Reply/Quote
Marvin's BIG halftime adjustment was figuring out the right headset buttons.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
The only headsets he ever used only gave the ability to talk to other coaches, not players.

The helmet comm to defenders is only 10 years old, and as he has not been a coordinator during that time, why would anyone expect he would be able to automatically hit the right button for push to talk without looking every time?

Personally, as a result of the no huddle and hurry up offenses (as well as hijinks from places such as Pittsburgh and Foxborough) , I think all helmet communications should be removed and go back to signals from the sideline only.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 10:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Tape?  That's too new.  Today I explained the process of recording an LP to a blank 8-track tape so you could listen to it in the car to my gf's niece and she looked at me like I was from Mars.

Are you making fun of my 8-track player!?!
Reply/Quote