Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin Lewis and Bengals agree on contract extension
Supposedly the contract will run through 2017.

So growing impatient= contract extension..,. Hmm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000651626/article/marvin-lewis-bengals-agree-to-extension
Reply/Quote
Dear god smh not surprising tho Mikey never liked a lame duck coach
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"Well we already lost all the top replacements. Might as well stick to our guns so it looks like we have an inkling of and idea." - Bfam
Reply/Quote
Good for Marvin.. solid head coach...
Reply/Quote
Literally nothing changes until things change.
Reply/Quote
LOL i told a friend who is a Browns fan that Impatient was just code for Extension and then it happens Grrr. I see both sides but at some point Brown needs to realize that Marvin is not the guy to get this team over the hump. Sure he gets us to the playoffs but damn how long are we going to keep just getting there the status quo. He has had multiple QB's, OC, DC, some years the most talented team yet we flop every post season with another excuse. Marvin is the only constant. He is Marty Schottenheimer 2.0. Should have promoted Zimmer. Again I dont hate Marvin, he has a good eye for talent,I just dont see this team winning a SB with his soft coaching mentality.
Reply/Quote
SHIT!!! Whatever
Reply/Quote
[Image: 04262678-483d-4fd1-9beb-709b2d86e890]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Now his Defenders will come to his rescue and say that there's no better option out there. If you would have told me 14 years ago that the Bengals would not win a playoff game with Marvin Lewis much less the Super Bowl I think it would have been crazy to hire him. They give players extensions based on performance. Why shouldn't the same hold true for head coaches
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 08:46 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Now his Defenders will come to his rescue and say that there's no better option out there. If you would have told me 14 years ago that the Bengals would not win a playoff game with Marvin Lewis much less the Super Bowl I think it would have been crazy to hire him. They give players extensions based on performance. Why shouldn't the same hold true for head coaches

Won't somebody please think of the '90s?!!! 

[Image: helen.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 07:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Good for Marvin.. solid head coach...

blissful mediocrity!

Reply/Quote
Maybe it's so Marvin doesn't feel like a lame duck?

I have a feeling he could still be in play to be fired after next season if he doesn't get us that playoff win at least.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 09:36 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I have a feeling he could still be in play to be fired after next season if he doesn't get us that playoff win at least.

Then what would be the point of signing a contract? Just to waste money?
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 10:40 PM)Gohards Wrote: Then what would be the point of signing a contract? Just to waste money?

So Mikey doesn't have to worry about having a lame duck coach..

I seriously think this could be the make or break year for Marvin...

And... How are we wasting money if he won't play the extension? I rather pay a bit more $ to get him Marvin fired. Wouldn't you?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I just do see the upside to this from an organizational standpoint. Why take away all of the leverage that you have and put some pressure on Marv to have some postseason success next season? I don't get it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
It was the same with Dalton. he was going into his final year and rather than the front office make it a prove it year they gave him an extension and lost leverage but it turned out to be a good move, lets hope this is too, what else are we gonna do. I just hate the Lame Duck year label seems like a cop out to me, they dont do it for players. Marvin has had 13 years, no playoff wins, maybe he needs that label for once.
Reply/Quote
So...who are we picking with the 24th pick in 2017?
Reply/Quote
Nausiousness every time he gets an extension.
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
Thank god we kept Marvin. Firing him will cause Andy Dalton to turn into David Klingler, Tyler Eifert to turn into that TE who chainsmoked, and you get where I'm going with this.
Reply/Quote
Should have been let go or promoted to GM after the SD loss. (Strong on this one)

Should have been let go or promoted to GM when it was clear Zimmer was leaving after the Indy loss. (Strong on this one)

Should have been let go or promoted to GM after it was clear Hue was leaving after "the debacle". (meh why not try on this one)

I just can't care any more. Rah Rah win one for Marv.

Reply/Quote