Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis has cookouts at his house because he is nice
(01-08-2016, 12:14 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Hard to do that in a print ad. 

Carson thew the deep ball well.  John Morrel made bun length hot dogs.  So, like a lot of other cooperate advertising, someone came up with a pretty vanilla, campaign.  Long ball QB endorsed longer hot dogs.  Then they were even so witty that they made the mustard on the hot dog look like laces.

It's all pretty simple, lower scale advertising.  Morrell and Carson can't really be all that concerned with the heathens that make up message boards immediately make it in to a dick joke. 

The guys is just eating a hot dog.  It's not like they put him in a gimp outfit and a juggs machine fire weiners into his mouth. Nervous

All I'm saying is that Richard Simmons probably pleasured himself to that ad.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:19 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: All I'm saying is that Richard Simmons probably pleasured himself to that ad.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Sick
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:22 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Sick

They should have gotten Michael Sam for the ad.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 09:54 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Anyone remember the hard knocks episode where he had a cookout at his house. Everyone was cooking out, eating, drinking, having a good time. That was nice. He is nice.

He also has golf tournaments, but those aren't at his house. The cookouts are, but the golf tournaments aren't.  But I bet they would be if he had a good course at his house. Because he is nice. He would probably have a golf tournament and a cookout in the same day at his house if he could because he is nice.

Eating together is a great team-building experience; I like the cookout idea -- and Marvin Lewis is a fine gentleman who the fatherless players look up to as the father figure they never had and he's very involved in our community.  In case people haven't noticed, he has also become a terrific head coach and a wizard at drafting players.  I want a nice man as the Bengals' coach but I only want him to be nice off the field.  Marvin is not nice at training camp, not nice during halftime, and outright grouchy during games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:31 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Eating together is a great team-building experience; I like the cookout idea -- and Marvin Lewis is a fine gentleman who the fatherless players look up to as the father figure they never had and he's very involved in our community.  In case people haven't noticed, he has also become a terrific head coach and a wizard at drafting players.  I want a nice man as the Bengals' coach but I only want him to be nice off the field.  Marvin is not nice at training camp, not nice during halftime, and outright grouchy during games.
Yes you are correct. My favorite part of your post is when you said he was a wizard. Just chugging along being the nicest meat grilling draft wizard of all time.

Reply/Quote
Marvin gives us playoff games bc he is nice he doesn't win them but he keeps giving us hope bc hes nice. STEELERS ARE MEAN so we gotta teach them a lesson on how to be "nice" Marvs got this bc guess what??? HES NICE
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:14 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The guys is just eating a hot dog.  It's not like they put him in a gimp outfit and a juggs machine fire weiners into his mouth. Nervous

Finally, an ad campaign that would convince me to pay a higher price for a hot dog!
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 11:10 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: [Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Did someone say road to nowhere?

[Image: talking-head.gif]
- - - - -
StLucieBengal

You think Marvin serves hotdogs at his cookouts?

I heard they stopped serving hot dogs after 2010. Someone took them all out of town.

[Image: Funny-Pictures-Carson-Palmer-Hot-Dog.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Ocho did a lot of crazy things to get attention but at least he didn't submit to catching a wiener from Carson.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander likes wizards and franks n' beans.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
When I went to the Bills game, I stayed in the teams hotel. When we were watching the players leave, Marvin walked by with shades on. Indoors!!
So, he is not only nice, he is cool too.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 09:54 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Anyone remember the hard knocks episode where he had a cookout at his house. Everyone was cooking out, eating, drinking, having a good time. That was nice. He is nice.

He also has golf tournaments, but those aren't at his house. The cookouts are, but the golf tournaments aren't.  But I bet they would be if he had a good course at his house. Because he is nice. He would probably have a golf tournament and a cookout in the same day at his house if he could because he is nice.
Back in 2008, I could have run Marvin and his wife over with my truck....  But I'm a nice guy.  They were jay walking in Middletown, so they would have had it coming.  They would have gotten a ticket while they were being treated for their injuries at the hospital.  I am nice.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
You are nicer than they were in that instant in time. You should be given a prize or award because it is difficult to be nicer than M. Lewis. You should ask to attend his cookout.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:21 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You are nicer than they were in that instant in time. You should be given a prize or award because it is difficult to be nicer than M. Lewis. You should ask to attend his cookout.
That seems rude...  The nice thing to do would be to have a cookout of my own, and invite Marvin Lewis to it. 
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 11:32 PM)CincyKid Wrote: Marvin is nice.......Marvin drives a comfortable car.........the car he drives is comfortable

Marvin has nice cookouts...........Marvin wears nice shoes to the cookouts.........Paul Alexander eats Marvins nice food

.....and tickles the ivories for after dinner entertainment.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 03:30 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Did someone say road to nowhere?

[Image: talking-head.gif]
- - - - -

I was thinking more along the lines of this.....

[Image: ozzy-osbourne-road-to-nowhere(single)-20...183724.jpg]

.....Marvin may have nice cook outs, but Bum had ice cream, Texas BBQ, Lone Star beer, and country western bands at his cookouts, Bum was nicer than Marv.  His sidelines attire? MUCH nicer...

[Image: bum_phillips_1979_12_31.jpg]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote