Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis shows how much he hates to have fun
I like the two Paul brown quotes of when you when, say nothing and when you lose, say less and act like you've been there before. Spontaneous celebrations are one thing but players won't be able to contain themselves and eventually the NFL will tighten back up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2017, 11:39 AM)Wyche Wrote: Sure, see the above post.  I'm not "outraged", I just find it a poor word choice, and really quite comical.  My memory ain't what it used to be, but I don't recall him calling Ochocinco a bad influence on kids either.  Practice what you preach, or don't preach it. LOL

Yes
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I get what Marvin is saying and agree with him. Under the old rule you could shimmy and shake for a few seconds and that was fine. Now we get a 1/2 hr dance routine......
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2017, 11:39 AM)Wyche Wrote: Sure, see the above post.  I'm not "outraged", I just find it a poor word choice, and really quite comical.  My memory ain't what it used to be, but I don't recall him calling Ochocinco a bad influence on kids either.  Practice what you preach, or don't preach it. LOL

Marvin had to work with Ochocinco then and now Pac Man, so he holds back on just how much he criticizes their behaviors.

To some this is coddling or pampering the player and to others it is a tactical move by Marvin to keep the player happy so he can work with them later.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2017, 12:41 PM)depthchart Wrote: Marvin had to work with Ochocinco then and now Pac Man, so he holds back on just how much he criticizes their behaviors.

To some this is coddling or pampering the player and to others it is a tactical move by Marvin to keep the player happy so he can work with them later.

So I guess he's not planning on working with Jeremy Hill later.....which is good news. Ninja LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2017, 12:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: So I guess he's not planning on working with Jeremy Hill later.....which is good news. Ninja LMAO

Marvin chose not to take the "kids" jab at Pac Man but did jab the NFL decision on TD celebrations.

He was not worried about jabbing the NFL decision makers.

I guess the Owners of the Teams voted on the TD celebrations rule.

If so, did Mike Brown vote for the change.

If Mike voted No, then his hands are clean according to Marvin.

If Mike voted Yes, then Marvin has indirectly implied that Mike Brown voted for a rule change that is bad for kids.

Pac Man has a kid that Mike is concerned about, yet Mike just badly influenced her with the TD celebration rule change according to Marvin. (Assuming Mike voted yes)

Either Marvin apologizes to Mike for saying that his support for the TD rule change hurts Pac Man's kid or Mike must come to realize that Marvin is right and Mike must Publicly Apologize to Pac Man's kid and change his Vote to "No" on the TD celebration rule. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2017, 01:18 PM)depthchart Wrote: Marvin chose not to take the "kids" jab at Pac Man but did jab the NFL decision on TD celebrations.

He was not worried about jabbing the NFL decision makers.

I guess the Owners of the Teams voted on the TD celebrations rule.

If so, did Mike Brown vote for the change.

If Mike voted No, then his hands are clean according to Marvin.

If Mike voted Yes, then Marvin has indirectly implied that Mike Brown voted for a rule change that is bad for kids.

Pac Man has a kid that Mike is concerned about, yet Mike just badly influenced her with the TD celebration rule change according to Marvin. (Assuming Mike voted yes)

Either Marvin apologizes to Mike for saying that his support for the TD rule change hurts Pac Man's kid or Mike must come to realize that Marvin is right and Mike must Publicly Apologize to Pac Man's kid and change his Vote to "No" on the TD celebration rule. Tongue

Yeah, what you said! :andy: Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Twerking and humping the goal post? Bad example for kids.
Doing the river dance and proposing to a cheerleader? Not a bad example for kids.

Tasteful celebrations should be okay. Performing simulated sex acts in front of kids should not be okay.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2017, 05:02 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Marvin may hate it, but he let Chad do them all the time. I doubt he complains to the players as long as they don't draw a penalty.

Beat me to this excellent point.  I think Chad got to play by a different set of rules in a number of ways.  I think Green, though prolific on the field, is sort of the anti-Ocho, where he is a quieter, humble guy.  I don't know if that means better.  If Green helps us win a Super Bowl, then I will say him.  Cool

Marv constantly rode Odell Thurman and Burfict early on, but that even seemed to cool.  Too bad, because I think they, and the team as a whole, responded to the more strict Marv.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2017, 01:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Twerking and humping the goal post? Bad example for kids.
Doing the river dance and proposing to a cheerleader? Not a bad example for kids.

Tasteful celebrations should be okay. Performing simulated sex acts in front of kids should not be okay.

I think this is what Marvin was referring to, we had enough problems with the twerking and guys pushing the limits as is was. I never did understand the ball as a prop being an unpardonable sin. I can see where Marvin has a problem with this, he has enough trouble coming down on players for things he should, and this license to celebrate is trouble he doesn't need. The blame goes squarely on the NFL who has spent the last couple of years acting like a New York woman, waiting for any chance to complain and hand out fines and penalties for any little thing that didn't suit their mood of the day, and now they say let's have fun men and celebrate??? I'd have a problem with that too. On another front with the NFL and replay, it's pretty obvious how they wanted to place the blame on someone else. Apparently Blandino realized he had a conscience and could no longer defend the lame calls they made and told him to explain..good for him. This will be no different...have fun men and celebrate...until you do something we decide you can't, they have REALLY screwed the pooch on this on. Yet another situation where no one knows the rules until the NFL tells you what they are...after the fact. Somehow, some way, this will end up costing the Bengals in a crucial situation; and the NFL will tell you it's allright.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2017, 09:57 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: I think this is what Marvin was referring to, we had enough problems with the twerking and guys pushing the limits as is was. I never did understand the ball as a prop being an unpardonable sin. I can see where Marvin has a problem with this, he has enough trouble coming down on players for things he should, and this license to celebrate is trouble he doesn't need. The blame goes squarely on the NFL who has spent the last couple of years acting like a New York woman, waiting for any chance to complain and hand out fines and penalties for any little thing that didn't suit their mood of the day, and now they say let's have fun men and celebrate??? I'd have a problem with that too. On another front with the NFL and replay, it's pretty obvious how they wanted to place the blame on someone else. Apparently Blandino realized he had a conscience and could no longer defend the lame calls they made and told him to explain..good for him. This will be no different...have fun men and celebrate...until you do something we decide you can't, they have REALLY screwed the pooch on this on. Yet another situation where no one knows the rules until the NFL tells you what they are...after the fact. Somehow, some way, this will end up costing the Bengals in a crucial situation; and the NFL will tell you it's allright.

No the NFL will say, "our bad, we missed that, but you still lose"....
Reply/Quote
Lol...This is just reliving history. They relax the rules on celebration eventually someone takes it to far and they clamp down again....few years later rinse and repeat.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Everybody knows a fun coach is a great coach.

Just look at this party animal!

[Image: bill-belichick-lets-party.jpg]

If anybody says they want a fun coach they have no clue.
Reply/Quote