Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis walks out on press conference
GIGGLES. For the love of God, can we PLEASE move on from this guy?

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/10/22/marvin-lewis-walks-out-post-game-press-conference-after-question-4th-down-call/789364001/
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Marvin gets crushed by the fans and media...and he rightly should...but I don't see another coach stepping in here winning.
Reply/Quote
Personally, I have zero problem with them going for it on 4th down. I also have zero problem with Lewis being fired for his inability to lead this team to success. He got us from horrible to respectable, but cannot put it over the top. Time to go....
Reply/Quote
He's always thought he's the smartest guy in the room. Non-answers or condescending ones aren't much different than just not talking to the press. Marvin doesn't think fans (several of whom played the game) or the media (many of whom spend their time studying the game) understand anything.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I liked that 4th down call. It actually showed some premise of wanting to win the game and be aggressive. Of course that was before the entire second half.

I'm more baffled by a 4th down throw away by Dalton. I mean really? FFS throw the ball at someone and hope for a PI or maybe catch. What does an INT even matter if you're down two scores? But throw it away and not even give anyone a chance? Pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Personally, I have zero problem with them going for it on 4th down. I also have zero problem with Lewis being fired for his inability to lead this team to success. He got us from horrible to respectable, but cannot put it over the top. Time to go....

I also have zero problem with him going for it on fourth down. I do have a problem with his arrogance and how he treats fan and media all the time. 

Billichick has earned the right to be arrogant, Marvin has not. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
This quote below pissed me off more then him walking out , at least he showed some emotion by walking out versus his standard giggling act. Marvin Lewis asked why Joe Mixon didn't get a carry in the second half: "He was in (the game)...whatever plays are called are called."
Reply/Quote
In Other News: Football Competence Walks Out On Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:42 AM)lone bengal Wrote: This quote below pissed me off more then him walking out , at least he showed some emotion by walking out versus his standard giggling act. Marvin Lewis asked why Joe Mixon didn't get a carry in the second half: "He was in (the game)...whatever plays are called are called."

He was giggling as he left the podium and again as he turned around.

When coaches start behaving this way in press conferences, it usually means the beginning of the end.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:28 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Marvin gets crushed by the fans and media...and he rightly should...but I don't see another coach stepping in here winning.

Mike has a lot less control now and Marvin has a lot more control than you realize...

The losing culture you are seeing here now is 90% Marvin Lewis. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:42 AM)lone bengal Wrote: This quote below pissed me off more then him walking out , at least he showed some emotion by walking out versus his standard giggling act. Marvin Lewis asked why Joe Mixon didn't get a carry in the second half: "He was in (the game)...whatever plays are called are called."

So he is basically saying he has NO control over what play is called....WTF!? YOU ARE THE DAMN HEAD COACH! Jesus! So if the OC just runs QB sneaks every play, Marvin would just be cool with that!?.....OMG! Get this Clown out of here.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:32 AM)R3stangs Wrote: I liked that 4th down call. It actually showed some premise of wanting to win the game and be aggressive. Of course that was before the entire second half.

I'm more baffled by a 4th down throw away by Dalton. I mean really? FFS throw the ball at someone and hope for a PI or maybe catch. What does an INT even matter if you're down two scores? But throw it away and not even give anyone a chance? Pathetic.
That was Daltons way of giving the finger to his "line".

Reply/Quote
I didn't watch the video, but I presume we're discussing the 4th down call in the first half.  If so, I had ZERO problem with that call, he absolutely needed to be aggressive there on the road with his defense seemingly in backpedal mode.  Even if we failed, it was the right call.  I'm not sure why they'd even ask that question.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
No problem with the 4th down call in the first half.

I do have problems with other things. Like having the ball with two minutes left in the first half, only to call three useless plays and give the ball right back to the Steelers who then proceed to march down the field for a field goal. Or fielding a team so mentally ill-prepared that they leave a guy wide open on a fake punt. Or neglecting the offensive line all off-season, having it blow up in your face, and STILL refusing to acknowledge it because you're an arrogant prick.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: I didn't watch the video, but I presume we're discussing the 4th down call in the first half.  If so, I had ZERO problem with that call, he absolutely needed to be aggressive there on the road with his defense seemingly in backpedal mode.  Even if we failed, it was the right call.  I'm not sure why they'd even ask that question.

I was indifferent on that call. I would've been fine with taking the points, but I also totally understood going for it. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I didn't like the 4th down play call at the end of the game (I liked that they went for it, just not the play), and I think that's what they're talking about. If they're talking about the 4th down call on the goal line... I don't even know why they would question it, because it was a good call.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:32 PM)Big Boss Wrote: No problem with the 4th down call in the first half.

I do have problems with other things.  Like having the ball with two minutes left in the first half, only to call three useless plays and give the ball right back to the Steelers who then proceed to march down the field for a field goal.  Or fielding a team so mentally ill-prepared that they leave a guy wide open on a fake punt.  Or neglecting the offensive line all off-season, having it blow up in your face, and STILL refusing to acknowledge it because you're an arrogant prick.

You'll get absolutely ZERO argument from me on this sir.....

(10-23-2017, 12:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was indifferent on that call. I would've been fine with taking the points, but I also totally understood going for it. 

I was all for it with the way the defense was playing.  Which was like shit.

(10-23-2017, 12:52 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I didn't like the 4th down play call at the end of the game (I liked that they went for it, just not the play), and I think that's what they're talking about. If they're talking about the 4th down call on the goal line... I don't even know why they would question it, because it was a good call.

OK, this makes sense.  I quit watching after that unholy bounce for the first INT.  I knew it just wasn't going to be our day after that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
What a joke lol.
Reply/Quote
Such a turd. Suuuuch a turd.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: I was all for it with the way the defense was playing.  Which was like shit.

That's why I totally understood going for it.  Wink
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote