Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin Takes Over as DC
(11-12-2018, 12:42 PM)pally Wrote: I can't shake the feeling that these decisions mean we will be seeing Hue hired as a special assistant head coach to be Marv's right hand man

This wouldn't bother me.

I'd hope that Marvin would stay the hell away from the offense.

Hue might be able to push Merv completely to the D side.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If he's as Terrybul as Teryl, then that shows Mikey A) he needs better players or B) Marvin is crap too.

Either way we win.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, but I can see him saying "Well, I don't like paying one guy to do nothing...but I do like paying someone nothing to do the job the first guy is now getting paid to not do!"

I also remember when the 1-8 HC of the Raiders was really good, too.  Time will tell!

I would love to see Hue Jackson as our next HC.He has been in the fire in Cleveland and now he is seasoned to know what to do next.I think he would be an excellent head coach here and marv would welcome his friend to take over and marv can go upstairs to the big chair.
Reply/Quote
The more I think about this decision the more I like it. In fact, I am giving Mike Brown mad props for thinking outside the box! Marvin Lewis is, after all, at least in terms of scoring defense, the best defensive coordinator in NFL history. Let’s not forget the 2000 Baltimore Ravens’ defense only allowed 9.4 points per game. Contrast this with the 2018 Bengals defense who was basically allowing eight points per quarter.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:56 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I would love to see Hue Jackson as our next HC.He has been in the fire in Cleveland and now he is seasoned to know what to do next.I think he would be an excellent head coach here and marv would welcome his friend to take over and marv can go upstairs to the big chair.

Marvin already sits in Mike Brown's lap in the metaphorical sense...why go further?  
Reply/Quote
In Marv we trust.
Reply/Quote
I was hoping back when we hired Marv that he'd bring the 3-4 with him. Didnt happen tho. He kind of just let whatever DC he hired do their thing.

Hue Jackson is a hot mess mentally. Please keep that man away from this team. Hiring him as a HC would amount to the same as us drafting Klingler or Akili. Just dont do it!
Reply/Quote
Applause to the front office for making this move.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If he was that worried about being cheap he wouldn’t have fired Austin in the first place.

Your comment makes no sense.
MB now has 1 less coach to pay, and didn't replace him. That's the very definition of "being cheap"
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:40 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Applause to the front office for making this move.

Yep....could've been worse.  I think they should really look at axing some position coaches this year too.  Like Lap said in the post game roundup, even when they were in the right spots to make a play, they didn't.  Missed tackles are also killing that unit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:40 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Applause to the front office for making this move.

You mean like a "Marvin clap" kind of applause. That should work well. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
In addition to his duties of clapping and saying Let's Go...he'll be calling the defensive coordinator.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:49 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: That news excited me lol this is going to be interesting,way better then sticking with austin,which everyone is always confused and wide open receivers every where.

ML wont have he luxury of having Ray Ray, Siragusa and the rest of that Baltimore D he had in 2000.
I don't see any improvement at all...in fact I see it getting worse. He cant motivate and has lost the respect of the team.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:38 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I was hoping back when we hired Marv that he'd bring the 3-4 with him. Didnt happen tho. He kind of just let whatever DC he hired do their thing.

Hue Jackson is a hot mess mentally. Please keep that man away from this team. Hiring him as a HC would amount to the same as us drafting Klingler or Akili. Just dont do it!

I feel bad for hue,he should of never took that cleveland job but he wanted to be coach so bad. It was a losing situation in cleveland. 1 the refs are against them every game almost 2 there was times where they were in complete tank mode for draft picks , 3 no coach has succeeded there.

I wouldnt mind if he came in and was assistant. The guy knows offense and he has an aggressive mentality also. Players like chad loved him. As for head coach if it happened id give him a chance to see what he can do,hell marvins had 15 years.
Reply/Quote
Give Marv a chance.If he just gets them where they can actually solo tackle efficiently,that alone would be a huge improvement.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:57 PM)kalibengal Wrote:  He cant motivate and has lost the respect of the team.

This is not true.
Reply/Quote
A move like this speaks to the players too. It shows accountability.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 02:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is not true.

9 playoff losses, and constantly screws the pooch on the BIG and visible games (KC, NO (AFTER A 2 WEEK BYE), PITTS etc.) need I say more?
HE NEEDS TO GO!!!! PLEASE CASH YOUR LAST CHECK AND  QUIT MARV ...GIVE US AN EARLY XMAS PRESENT.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:38 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I was hoping back when we hired Marv that he'd bring the 3-4 with him. Didnt happen tho. He kind of just let whatever DC he hired do their thing.

Marv is 4-3 and always has been.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 02:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Marv is 4-3 and always has been.

Marv is actually a 0-7 kind of coach. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote