Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin calls out Ross
(11-15-2017, 06:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I wish Marvin would call out Marvin.  Whatever

Yeah.  Otherwise known as the thing that will not happen.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Oof. No need to throw the guy under the bus like that.

Marvin really doesn't seem to like Ross. Ross fumbled once and rode the bench. Misread one route, thrown under bus.

How is Ross supposed to have any confidence?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:44 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: How is Ross supposed to have any confidence?

Contribute a single yard of offense to the team? Ahh well I guess he got 12 on that lost fumble, technically.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And the rats start jumping off the sinking ship.

But first they're going to point their fingers at the weakest targets. That's all this is. Like others have said why no finger pointing on Bodine's lookout blocks for 4 seasons ? And now Ogbuehi's ? Burfict and Pac man pulling their antics, Peko walking out on the field in his coat in a playoff game and on and on !

Weak Merv, very weak
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 05:00 PM)McC Wrote: And Burfict repeatedly and DreK with regularity anyone who misses a tackle and gives up a first down or any back who misses any rare hole or QB who misses an open receiver  or anyone who whiffs on a block and pretty much everybody who ever plays the game at some time or another.

Go on and point fingers but point the first one at yourself, Marv.  And then you'd better have a lotta time to talk because the list of screw ups is disgustingly long.  

Completely agree with this.

If he was Belichick and had a long history of 'my way or the highway' schtick and was consistent in his application of that then fine.

But we've had the likes of Burfict, A.Smith , Jones, T.O, Henry, Ced, Bodine...turn up way out of shape, have off field / self induced problems, just plain suck / consistently hurt the team and i do not remember him turning as quickly or so explicitly on them. That smacks of a lack of integrity.

Now I'm pretty p*ssed off with Ross and think a lot of this is on him. However we simply have to know by the end of the year if he can be the guy...at the moment that means keep playing him even if he makes mistakes.

In a sh*tstorm of a season...of all the things for Lewis suddenly to grow a set of balls on, a rookie WR who screwed up a route seems way down the list
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I wish Marvin would call out Marvin.  Whatever

:andy: :andy: :andy:

A coach should ream out players in private and bench them.

What is the good of throwing them under the bus in the paper.

This is a frustrated coach knowing that his tenure is about to end.

But one does wonder once again about who makes the picks and why we did not draft a new center or other o-lineman in the 2017 draft.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Contribute a single yard of offense to the team?  Ahh well I guess he got 12 on that lost fumble, technically.

C'mon Nate...Ross did nothing wrong on that fumble. He had the ball tightly secured in his left arm (towards the sideline). It was a perfect hit with a helmet that knocked the ball loose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo5aGtpB7q4

It seemed Ross was a part of the game plan initially. Then he was benched and permanently in Marv's doghouse apparently.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 08:15 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Completely agree with this.

If he was Belichick and had a long history of 'my way or the highway' schtick and was consistent in his application of that then fine.

But we've had the likes of Burfict, A.Smith , Jones, T.O, Henry, Ced, Bodine...turn up way out of shape, have off field / self induced problems, just plain suck / consistently hurt the team and i do not remember him turning as quickly or so explicitly on them.  That smacks of a lack of integrity.

Now I'm pretty p*ssed off with Ross and think a lot of this is on him.  However we simply have to know by the end of the year if he can be the guy...at the moment that means keep playing him even if he makes mistakes.

In a sh*tstorm of a season...of all the things for Lewis suddenly to grow a set of balls on,  a rookie WR who screwed up a route seems way down the list

Watched the video of Marv on this again and you know I actually don't have a problem on him calling out Ross. 

Like I said when we see other coaches doing that we applaud them for holding players accountable, maybe trying to get a reaction.

its the lack of showing anything like this throughout the rest of the season and even last year which bothers me.

He's gone out of his way in the past two terrible seasons when questions about other problem areas (eg Ced, Bodine/OLine) come up to answer in his usual , bland, generic way  - but for Ross its like he's made his mind up and is waiting for his next mistake.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 08:32 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Watched the video of Marv on this again and you know I actually don't have a problem on him calling out Ross. 

Like I said when we see other coaches doing that we applaud them for holding players accountable, maybe trying to get a reaction.

its the lack of showing anything like this throughout the rest of the season and even last year which bothers me.

He's gone out of his way in the past two terrible seasons when questions about other problem areas (eg Ced, Bodine/OLine) come up to answer in his usual , bland, generic way  - but for Ross its like he's made his mind up and is waiting for his next mistake.

Remember about mid season last year when asked about why the team sucks ? Merv said words to the effect of "our players aren't very good and if they can't get the job done we'll have to find new ones".

Obviously this isn't a direct quote but in so many words it's close. Not a single word on we messed up the game plan, called some bad plays, didn't get the team prepared, nothing about the coaching or management. 
Reply/Quote
So the coach who has gotten more undeserved leeway and a longer undeserved leash than anyone in the history of the NFL can’t give leeway for one play for a rookie. Stfu and gtfo. Thanks
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 04:21 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He’s right, I like Ross and hope Marv doesn’t bench him for the rest of the season because of that, but I was pissed watching that play

Chad did that kind of thing all the time. Marvin didn't bench him the remainder of the game. Marvin Lewis doesn't want John Ross.

Do your job (see what I did there), and coach him Marvin.... You lazy f**k!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I don’t think Marvin wanted Ross drafted
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 09:24 PM)Trademark Wrote: I don’t think Marvin wanted Ross drafted

Yeah...I was going to post that. It looks like Marvin was against drafting Ross and is going to not play him and try to humiliate him.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 04:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm sick of Marvin. He should be absolutely grateful that Brown kept him around this long. Now that it seems like he's out the door, he seems to have this "I don't care what I say or how I say it" attitude. Fire him and let Guenther get a shot at being interim HC. If Guenther does well in the new role, make him permanent HC in the offseason.

[Image: reverse-1253886001_office-no.gif]

Clean house.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 10:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: reverse-1253886001_office-no.gif]

Clean house.
Hose it down.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 04:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Lol its funny how Marvin's personality has changed over the past few weeks. Sounds like hes trying to hold guys accountable now that he knows his ass is on the line. It just comes of fake and contrived now, though. What a loser.

Couldn't agree more. It's as if he knows his team sucks and now he's blaming the players instead of himself.
Reply/Quote
Sorry, but coming from a manager, you don’t always get to pick who is on your team. But it’s still your responsibility to find a way to utilize each team member effectively to get results. Don’t find ways to sabotage a team member’s job because you didn’t choose them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 10:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Sorry, but coming from a manager, you don’t always get to pick who is on your team. But it’s still your responsibility to find a way to utilize each team member effectively to get results. Don’t find ways to sabotage a team member’s job because you didn’t choose them.

Marvin is a sabotage. Sent from Pittsburgh. His task was to make Mike Brown hold Rooney’s pocket like his prison *****. Great success.
Reply/Quote
Starvin' Marvin = O'fer his existence...like bowl stains calling out a floater.
Reply/Quote
Marvin may have preferred to trade down, probably he couldn’t. Or he wasn’t allowed too. He may have preferred ok Howard, foster or Allen, but was overruled.

This has all the makings of an ebenezer pic. When I️t goes good they look good. If he fails he can say they drafted the fastest guy ever.

Marvin’s comments seem to be thumbing his nose at the pick imho

Reply/Quote