Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin had the defense practicing tackling

Good stuff
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 07:00 PM)Trademark Wrote:
Good stuff

If he hadn't started with that, I would've questioned whether this was a good move, or not. Sad that it had come to this, but maybe this will shame the players into never letting this happen again.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I find it incredibly sad that he even had to do that Whatever

Seriously, what the **** did Austin even do here??
Reply/Quote
Marvin hasn't been a DC since most of the defense was in grade school. Perhaps he needed the refresher too?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 07:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Marvin hasn't been a DC since most of the defense was in grade school. Perhaps he needed the refresher too?

Not to mention it is a totally different game Whatever

Reply/Quote
Part of me wanted to say "Meh, yesterday's news", as it was posted in a thread yesterday that he led off practice with a tackling drill. But, now that I think about it, it might be a great idea for Marvin to keep hammering that point home with these guys. Missed tackles/poor tackles are the one sin that is absolutely inexcusable for a defensive professional football player.

Marvin doing this two days in a row tells me that he wants to keep it basic and simple for now, and just get the effort, passion and enthusiasm going again with this group.

The Ravens are a team that is seriously reeling right now. They started out looking promising, and have since fell off from the leaders, and now have fallen under .500. They are going to be throwing everything they have at the Bengals this week, in an effort to save a glimmer of hope for the season. If the Ravens lose, their season might as well be over, and you can believe that they will be playing with every ounce of pride that they can muster.

Marvin knows how important this game is, to both teams. So, I'm completely fine with him emphasizing fundamentals, and getting their confidence back. They're going to need it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This defense has a long way to go, hafta start at the beginning.
Reply/Quote
Treat them like middle schoolers until they start acting like they aren’t
Reply/Quote
If they miss a tackle do they have to do wind sprints or pushups in front of team
Reply/Quote
Just buy fixing the missed tackle issue could make this defense 20 to 30% better .The tackling has been terrible since the beginning of the season.I was really surprised that Teryl Austin didn’t fix this issue during the bye week.It seemed as though it was even worse after the bye week.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 07:15 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I find it incredibly sad that he even had to do that Whatever

Steal money from Mike Brown.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I LOVE it!

We always talk about how Marvin is a horrible coach with no teaching ability, no discipline, no grasp of what's going on, but he's teaching basics now!

That's a good thing in a few ways:
1. Missed tackles have been a huge problem for us and even cost us at least one game.

2. It instills a bit of discipline.

3. It says to the players that "you're not bigger than the basics."

4. Let's them know that what they're doing isn't working and it WILL improve or you'll continue to be treated like children.

Hell yeah, Marvin!
Reply/Quote
[Image: mascot_tackle_kid_football_by_digi_matrix-daruosd.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 09:15 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: mascot_tackle_kid_football_by_digi_matrix-daruosd.gif]

We need to hire that man !
Reply/Quote
At least he didn't go all the way back to instruct them how to properly put their helmets on.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 07:15 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I find it incredibly sad that he even had to do that Whatever

He probably had his players hit a bottle of ketchup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 09:15 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: mascot_tackle_kid_football_by_digi_matrix-daruosd.gif]

I am convinced Who Dey could tackle better than these chumps
[Image: image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstripehype.com%2...=850&h=560]

Reply/Quote

Poor form, 15 yard penalty for targeting the head and neck area...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Heads up, Wrap up. Lol I have to yell that alot.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 09:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Poor form, 15 yard penalty for targeting the head and neck area...

Yeah I know.

I just thought the Gif was funny. Wink
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote