Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin not going anywhere per Schefter.
(01-10-2016, 05:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No you aren't

Neither are you.

Do you think Lewis should be fired Fred? I know you were acting like if what happened last night you would want him gone.

Personally I'm not done with the Bengals, but my interest in them has diminished drastically.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:53 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: "Issue of Marvin Lewis' future really isn't much of an issue. Bengals have no plans to make any HC change at this time, per sources."

[Image: Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: [Image: Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif]

How is this a surprise to anyone? I mean honestly.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Guenther had a lot better defense than Hue had offense.

But we can't let Hue go anywhere because he has proven he knows how to win in the playoffs, right?

This is what I was thinking. Guenther might've just coached his way to a HC gig. Defense was great last night. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:11 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Do you think Lewis should be fired Fred? I know you were acting like if what happened last night you would want him gone.

Personally I'm not done with the Bengals, but my interest in them has diminished drastically.

Even if I wanted Marvin fired I would still be a Bengal fan.  Every year all these drama queens squeal an make a big show about how they are "done" and never going to have anything to do with the Bengal again.  But they never really leave.  

Do I want Marvin fired?   I honestly think we played pretty well with a back up QB, but to tell the truth I am still kind of in shock about how it all ended.

If we had had a coach that cut Burfict and Jones due to their misbehavior then we would probably not even have been in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
I may spend 5 grand next september for a fire marvin billboard if i'm still feeling like this then.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
[Image: Foxcatcher-Steve-Carell.gif]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:53 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: "Issue of Marvin Lewis' future really isn't much of an issue. Bengals have no plans to make any HC change at this time, per sources."

He's usually pretty spot on. This would be pretty upsetting really.

Doesn't say there won't be a change, only not at this time.  And I wouldn't expect there to be a change within 24 hours of the game.  Since the Sam Wyche fiasco, Mike Brown hasn't made knee-jerk reactions and will mull his options.

I'm not saying they will dump him, nor that they won't.  Only that I would not expect it today, one way or the other.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even if I wanted Marvin fired I would still be a Bengal fan.  Every year all these drama queens squeal an make a big show about how they are "done" and never going to have anything to do with the Bengal again.  But they never really leave.  

Do I want Marvin fired?   I honestly think we played pretty well with a back up QB, but to tell the truth I am still kind of in shock about how it all ended.

If we had had a coach that cut Burfict and Jones due to their misbehavior then we would probably not even have been in the playoffs.

I think the way we lost hurts more than just losing.  I went into the game expecting a loss...then I was reeled in late....teased.....then crushed.  But what kills me is Lewis's lackadaisical attitude at the post game....i mean WTF.  If he had 1% of the passion Burfict had....
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000620283/article/could-meltdown-at-paul-brown-spell-the-end-for-marvin-lewis?campaign=Twitter_atn

Seems the players think he doesn't have control of his own team.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:03 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The fan base is already upset over last night. Just announce Marvin's annual 1 year extension and get it over with.

Letting Marvin finish out his last year is one thing. That's how Mike rolls. But man, giving him an extension would be... Shocked
Reply/Quote
Going to be hard for fans to get over this gut punch, especially when there will be no changes.
Reply/Quote
Marvin and the bengals invent new ways to lose each year. They keep repeating mistakes year in and year out and never learn. Unfortunately expect more of the same with Marvin staying.
Reply/Quote
Well, shit.
Reply/Quote
I'm still not over last night...
And if this is true, I'll be stunned about this for awhile also before I finally decide what I'm going to do about it. There's not a lot I can do really. I'm sort of hopeless at this point. But if this is how it's going to be, my only enjoyment out of football anymore may be just seeing how many players this team can injure from Pittsburgh each year. I guess that's our Super Bowl is injuring Pittsburgh players. I do like it. I just have to settle in to setting the bar down to a new normal.

Now, that means that I don't buy tickets or merchandise anymore. I'm not going to be as invested in a team that I only watch to hurt another team. But, yes, I will watch them for that reason and cheer like a thug every time it happens.

Well, still in denial stage... Will continue to await news of the Marvin Lewis firing.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:20 PM)basballguy Wrote: But what kills me is Lewis's lackadaisical attitude at the post game....i mean WTF.  If he had 1% of the passion Burfict had....

This is what pushed me over the top last night.  Watching the press conference, you'd think he had just lost the first game of the season.  

I am so sick of his nonchalant, passive aggressive bullshit.  Be pissed for once.  Show some semblance of pride.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:12 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: How is this a surprise to anyone? I mean honestly.

It's not that it's a surprise at all. But, that doesn't mean I have to agree with it.
Reply/Quote
Not surprised at all. Hes got one more year left on his deal. Next year is looking more and more like a make or break for Marv.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even if I wanted Marvin fired I would still be a Bengal fan.  Every year all these drama queens squeal an make a big show about how they are "done" and never going to have anything to do with the Bengal again.  But they never really leave.  

So, do you think Marvin should be fired?

And instilling dicipline doesn't mean you would have to cut Burfict and Jones.
Reply/Quote

They were shut out for 2/3 of the game on offense, and it took, basically, a knock out of Gio and a near fight with a near crowd uprising at the no call to get the team motivated. I thought the defense played decent, with exception of keeping their composure.

News flash you can still be a fan and be "done!" All you have to do is stop buying tickets and spending money. I know this doesn't pertain to you because you do not live in the Cincinnati area, but if enough people locally make  a move to not financially support the team there will be ramifications.

This is a no surprise report, but there should be a petition and flood of emails by season ticket holders to the Bengals front office demanding change!

How you, or anyone else, can defend Marvin after what happened last night is absolutely trivial. 

1. Marvin 0-7 NFL Playoff loss record
2. 5 consecutive one and dones NFL record
3. Shutout 2/3 of the game against worst defense in the AFC Playoffs
4. 2-13 at home in Cincinnati vs. Pittsburgh, 0-2 in the playoffs
5. Horrid playcalling, game strategy, and time management in all playoff games regardless of players and coaches
6. Lost absolute control of his players when the issue was in the limelight, and at the most important part of the last 25 years to a franchise (this alone is egregious enough for his departure)
Reply/Quote