Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin not going anywhere per Schefter.
Lol this is sad man but not suprised. I can't keep supporting this, its very unhealthy to allow this team to keep raising my blood pressure from the stress they give me ima be a fan always but ima be from a distances from now on till some changes are made.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not surprised at all. Hes got one more year left on his deal. Next year is looking more and more like a make or break for Marv.

Lol we all know that is not true.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Next offseason we won't have many in house candidates. Reports are they want Guenther (who has no HC experience), but it's the D that is supposedly out of control. Can Guenther change anything.

Not surprised no changes are planned (besides losing coaches).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
No changes until Mike Brown is planted.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:19 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Doesn't say there won't be a change, only not at this time.  And I wouldn't expect there to be a change within 24 hours of the game.  Since the Sam Wyche fiasco, Mike Brown hasn't made knee-jerk reactions and will mull his options.

I'm not saying they will dump him, nor that they won't.  Only that I would not expect it today, one way or the other.

I hope your right. At least that way there is still consideration on terminating him. Last night we had it in our hands. The monkey was off the back but the fat lady didn't even begin her humming and we threw it all away. That's on the coaching. You guys are also right about the post game. Marvin acts as if he doesn't care if we win or lose and figures his job is secure either way. Really sad ending last night. My devotion to this team will not waiver despite what happened last night. But like many of you, I wont be going to games until they get this shit straight.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I hope your right. At least that way there is still consideration on terminating him. Last night we had it in our hands. The monkey was off the back but the fat lady didn't even begin her humming and we threw it all away. That's on the coaching. You guys are also right about the post game. Marvin acts as if he doesn't care if we win or lose and figures his job is secure either way. Really sad ending last night. My devotion to this team will not waiver despite what happened last night. But like many of you, I wont be going to games until they get this shit straight.

But that is only what we see on the sidelines and in press conferences.

People used to make outlandish statements that he didn't know how to get after guys, etc., but then were proven wrong by Hard Knocks showing him behind closed doors screaming "Dig down and be a ***** man" (or something like that).

Something just came to my mind with that.  Marvin made the statement in that moment that "this is your football team", and he seems to say that every season.  Has he been failing to discipline Burfict thinking that it is up to the team leaders to deal with?
Reply/Quote
LOL... I have been a fan for a long time. Through the late 80's and the 90's and now this (in comparison) Golden era. Die hard. The last 13 years are nowhere CLOSE to the 90's. If I have been a loyal fan through that it would be weird for me to think that NOW is the time to jump ship. I'm ride or die Bengals for life. Regardless if it's Mike Brown and Dave Shula or Katie Blackburn and Marvin Lewis. I love the Bengals and find entertainment value in them no matter what. The only way I bail is if they leave Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
0 and 8 here we come .
Amazing Marv has the second longest tenure as a head coach second only to Billicheck, how many playoff games has he won compared to Marv lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:12 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: 0 and 8 here we come .
Amazing Marv has the second longest tenure as a head coach second only to Billicheck, how many playoff games has he won compared to Marv lol.

We might have a few bad breaks and miss the playoffs before we get a chance to blow a 6th.  We just keep assuming we are going to make it.  I recall all offseason people saying this was the year we would finally see what Dalton can do in the playoffs and here we are, knowing zilch new.  Let's see how Dalton handles the new offense. 
Reply/Quote
If Marvin had any pride he'd resign. Maybe the old man is too stupid/stubborn to make a change, but Marvin should force the issue himself.

Maybe it's all his fault, maybe it's not. Who really cares. Either way it's working. It hasn't worked. The man has millions upon millions of dollars. At near 60 years of age he's more than set for life. His children are set for life. Their children will be set for life. And I guarantee you he'd get a job very quickly. Perhaps not a HC job right away, although I think he'd have a good chance. So why stay? To further embarrass yourself, the fans, the family is too dumb to force you out?

For the love God just ***** leave. For your own good, go get a fresh start. Make a change. Get the **** out of here!

If this man is on the sidelines here next year it's an embarrassment for everyone involved. For so many different reasons. Be a man and hit the ***** road you ***** stupid, giggling sack of shit.
Reply/Quote
Whoever makes a thread next year keeping track of new records to shoot for should track Marvin's trek to beat his own record again. 0-8 is very attainable and I have full confidence he can do this.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
It's a huge mistake in letting Hue go. It's obvious after last night well never get to where we want with Marvin as head coach. For the record I am a huge fan of Marvin.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm not really all that opposed to letting Marvin play out his current deal. He's still pretty good at evaluating personnel and has more freedom than any new hire will get from the organization. It took a long time to get to the point where they are right now in terms of drafting and player development. I think the Lewis/Tobin dynamic is something we should be reluctant to break up.

My main concern for the team concerning Marvin is his standing with the players. People always say that "These players weren't around in the lost decade." or "These guys don't know about curses because they were just kids when the Bengals were a laughingstock." Now I think those kinds of statements are out the window. Our key players like AJ, Andy, Geno, Dunlap, MJ, Rey M and Whit have been though the 5 straight playoff debacles. Guys just might start believing that this team will never win a damn thing. Why would they believe otherwise. They've seen it end the same way for half a decade. Some of them are getting into the back end of their careers.

I think that there's a real threat that a losing, apathetic culture could take hold in the locker room. There are already reports of players anonymously saying Marvin has no control over the defensive players. I take them with a grain of salt for now, but I'd keep an eye on how it develops.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:48 PM)Rattler Wrote: No changes until Mike Brown is planted.

This is the saddest but truest thing. I've thought it before, we all probably have. Cry
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:04 PM)PDub80 Wrote: LOL... I have been a fan for a long time. Through the late 80's and the 90's and now this (in comparison) Golden era. Die hard. The last 13 years are nowhere CLOSE to the 90's. If I have been a loyal fan through that it would be weird for me to think that NOW is the time to jump ship. I'm ride or die Bengals for life. Regardless if it's Mike Brown and Dave Shula or Katie Blackburn and Marvin Lewis. I love the Bengals and find entertainment value in them no matter what. The only way I bail is if they leave Cincinnati.

Ditto...
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:04 PM)PDub80 Wrote: LOL... I have been a fan for a long time. Through the late 80's and the 90's and now this (in comparison) Golden era. Die hard. The last 13 years are nowhere CLOSE to the 90's. If I have been a loyal fan through that it would be weird for me to think that NOW is the time to jump ship. I'm ride or die Bengals for life. Regardless if it's Mike Brown and Dave Shula or Katie Blackburn and Marvin Lewis. I love the Bengals and find entertainment value in them no matter what. The only way I bail is if they leave Cincinnati.

Yep I remember the days when the season was over before Halloween.  That sucked.....
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:30 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Yep I remember the days when the season was over before Halloween.  That sucked.....

Now it's over before the season starts.  That was the conventional wisdom anyway before this season started that I was apparently dumb enough to disagree with, and is only further established now that whatever happens in the regular season this team is one and done.

I don't know how many of you were sick of it, like me, whenever you heard that this past year.  If you think that's going away anytime soon you're kidding yourself.  It's ridiculous and moronic to argue the point now because it's become established fact until something different happens.  Sure it could be this year... That's what we say every year... Yawn.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Can we at least stop being outraged the experts don't hitch their wagons to our star?
Reply/Quote

I'll be here with you. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:53 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: "Issue of Marvin Lewis' future really isn't much of an issue. Bengals have no plans to make any HC change at this time, per sources."

He's usually pretty spot on. This would be pretty upsetting really.

Is this supposed to be breaking news, Scheff?   Get back to us when you have something that is not completely expected.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote