Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin not going anywhere per Schefter.
(01-10-2016, 06:12 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: 0 and 8 here we come .
Amazing Marv has the second longest tenure as a head coach second only to Billicheck, how many playoff games has he won compared to Marv lol.

Your assuming we are going to make the playoffs next year. Theres a shelf life to a team and this offseason has a ton of free agents. One thing people aren't thinking of is this group isn't going to be together a lot longer than the next couple of years. With the right coach we wouldnt have even played last night because we would've had a bye week!
Reply/Quote
All I could think about in the fourth quarter last night was how angry Sam Wyche must have been while watching the game and how Paul Brown was crying tears in heaven. Marvin Lewis brought the Bengals back from the abyss but compared to Wyche and Brown, Lewis is dreadful.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: All I could think about in the fourth quarter last night was how angry Sam Wyche must have been while watching the game and how Paul Brown was crying tears in heaven.  Marvin Lewis brought the Bengals back from the abyss but compared to Wyche and Brown, Lewis is dreadful.

Paul Brown would've been so upset seeing the lack of discipline this team lacks. Paul had very disciplined teams, and bet if Paul was still alive, Lewis would've been gone YEARS ago!
Reply/Quote
I think we all knew this. Nevertheless, it's unfortunate.

Almost good enough is good enough, I guess.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:55 PM)GodFather Wrote: Paul Brown would've been so upset seeing the lack of discipline this team lacks. Paul had very disciplined teams, and bet if Paul was still alive, Lewis would've been gone YEARS ago!

Tom Coughlin is out there.  He could take over a team that's totally loaded.  It would be the easiest job in the world for that guy.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:08 PM)Brandon00151 Wrote: **** YOU MIKE BROWN YOU INCOMPETENT PIECE OF SHIT! YOU WORTHLESS WASTE OF AIR!

Seriously? If you have this much hatred towards another human being for nothing more than the way they manage a professional sports team, I advise you to take a step back and reflect on your perspective in life. Just my $0.02
Reply/Quote
I wonder what Carson Palmer was thinking watching last night's game. You just know he was.

I wonder what he thinks about Marvin going nowhere as well. I bet you that there's one thing that he does feel. Relief.

I will be cheering on Palmer and the cardinals and I hope they win it all.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Can the Bengals move to L.A. and we take Oak, Stl, or SD.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:08 PM)barkerja Wrote: Seriously? If you have this much hatred towards another human being for nothing more than the way they manage a professional sports team, I advise you to take a step back and reflect on your perspective in life. Just my $0.02

Don't be that dbag that needs to be condescending to other posters.  People are angry, let them be.  So what, he typed in all caps against a person that won't read this board...get over it.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Tom Coughlin is out there.  He could take over a team that's totally loaded.  It would be the easiest job in the world for that guy.

You know what, though?  I happened to see the Giants several times this year.   Yes, they are lacking in talent, for sure.  But they were far from disciplined or inspired a lot of the time.  I'm not sure how much of an upgrade he would be.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Sounds like the wake me in January crowd will sleep through another regular season in 2016.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Too many players going to leave in a FA, Hue gone, maybe Guenther. Marvin is in no Danger of leaving. Players and coaches will not be held accountable for anything. Unfortunately...things look set for more disappointment in 2016. Mike Brown does not or can not understand that Loyalty does not bring Championships. Great players and coaches do. He still runs this franchise like a mom and pop grocery store from 1950 where if he likes you, you keep your job regardless of your production. A nice sentiment, but it will not bring Championship football to Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:35 PM)basballguy Wrote: Don't be that dbag that needs to be condescending to other posters.  People are angry, let them be.  So what, he typed in all caps against a person that won't read this board...get over it.

Condescending? I'm not the one calling others worthless. I'm just asking to keep it somewhat respectable. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:37 PM)McC Wrote: You know what, though?  I happened to see the Giants several times this year.   Yes, they are lacking in talent, for sure.  But they were far from disciplined or inspired a lot of the time.  I'm not sure how much of an upgrade he would be.  

Lovie Smith?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Lovie Smith?

I think I'd prefer Coughlin.  I don't know, maybe for a couple years, with this roster.  I would like his chances in the playoffs.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:19 PM)McC Wrote: I think I'd prefer Coughlin.  I don't know, maybe for a couple years, with this roster.  I would like his chances in the playoffs.

That was my thinking too.  Tom Coughlin has a ready-made team here in Cincinnati and he wouldn't really have to worry too much about player development.  As an aside, obtaining the coaching services of Tom Coughlin would be interesting given that Katie Blackburn wanted to hire him in 2003 but she was overruled by her father who wanted Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No you aren't

Neither are you.

Well, I am. It's quite easy to avoid the Bengals as is living in Montana. I love to hunt, fish and when the weather turns cold to snowshoe. I have followed the Bengals since their beginning, but it would be two-faced for me to support the team after last night. I simply abhor poor sportsmanship. Burfict goes, or Marvin goes, or I go.

Last post for me on this forum till there is a change.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Letting Marvin finish out his last year is one thing. That's how Mike rolls. But man, giving him an extension would be... Shocked

I imagine Mike Brown doesn't want a repeat of 2010 when the locker room fell apart while Marvin was a lame duck.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That was my thinking too.  Tom Coughlin has a ready-made team here in Cincinnati and he wouldn't really have to worry too much about player development.  As an aside, obtaining the coaching services of Tom Coughlin would be interesting given that Katie Blackburn wanted to hire him in 2003 but she was overruled by her father who wanted Marvin Lewis.

The guy is 70 years old.  Count me in the "no thanks" category when it comes to Coughlin, but we all know Marvin is not going anywhere until he is ready.
Reply/Quote
[Image: eggs_zpsme7lywor.png]
Reply/Quote