Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin on Hue: "I miss the hell out of him"
 (http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/10/marvin_lewis_on_hue_jackson_i.html#incart_river_index

Thoughts?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Of course he does, he's been saddled with Zampese!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
jason on Hue: "I miss the hell out of him too".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
with Hue running the offense that was one less worry for Lewis on Sundays
now that Zampese is setting this offense with his lack of a feel for the game
now Lewis has to give attention to his ineptness.
Zampese should have been canned Sunday night
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 01:22 PM)jason Wrote: jason on Hue: "I miss the hell out of him too".

Me three.....

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 01:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: Of course he does, he's been saddled with Zampese!

You beat me to it.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 01:23 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Zampese should have been canned Sunday night

thisis ridiculous.

Bengals have the #12 offense in the league despite missing Eifert and losing a WR to free agency that is leading the league in receiving yards.

In 2014 Bengals offense was #15 under Hue.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 01:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: thisis ridiculous.

Bengals have the #12 offense in the league despite missing Eifert and losing a WR to free agency that is leading the league in receiving yards.

And what were we last year little miss Cherry Picker?
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
If you read between the lines, this is as close to a condemnation of Zampese as your going to get from Marv.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Well Marvin, you could have had him this year and, I believe, still have control of the team as well. How?

By going to Brown, offering to step down and let Hue take the HC, being the future, and offering himself to the GM position.

I don't believe for a second that if Lewis had gone to Brown with that offer, Brown wouldn't have jumped on it. We know how Brown feels about Lewis, and all indications I could uncover tells me he really liked Hue Jackson as well!!
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure Hus misses us too, but kick rocks
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

We are 29th in points per game.... You spin me right round, baby, right round like a record...
Reply/Quote
I bet he misses him. Hue was Marvins ticket out of here, now he has to be guilted into another lame duck year coaching the Bengals.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Zampese misses him too.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 01:35 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: And what were we last year little miss Cherry Picker?

Not cherry picking.  Just comparing Hue's first season as Bengals OC with Zampese's.

Do you think Hue should have been fired after the '14 season?
Reply/Quote
Nothing we can do about it now.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

They are also 29th in scoring right now, finished 7th last year. And the Browns are 26th to put it in some perspective.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

But Lafell is outproducing MLJ here I thought? Smirk

Reply/Quote
the only offensive stat that matters is....
are we out scoring the other team. ?
I could care less about yards .
yards doesn't equal to wins
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 02:14 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We are 29th in points per game.... You spin me right round, baby, right round like a record...

Yep. 18.17 PPG to be exact. Bengals are 12th in offensive yards this year though.
2014 Bengals offense averaged 22.8 PPG, which was 15th in the league. Also 15th in offensive yards.

Yards don't matter as much as points scored.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote