Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin on Hue: "I miss the hell out of him"
Everyone not named Ken Zampese misses Hue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Of course Marv misses Hue;  he's a much better coach, and Marv's the kind of guy who needs someone like Hue under him to make himself look good. Take away the GOOD coaches, and suddenly we're back to square one again. How the Browns don't realize this is beyond me.
Reply/Quote
It seems the fans are having patience which is rare in Cleveland.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 03:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So since we got the offense out of the way, who do you blame for our lackluster results?  Be specific.  If Zampese's offense isn't a problem then I guess we move on to Gunther or Marvin, right.  Or what about Paul Alexander?  You tell me.  But I'm going to guess that you'll somehow sidestep that conversation all together.  And in fact, if we were to have a thread about those areas you'd supply the same twisted facts to support that no one is ever to blame.

Seems pretty clear that the problem is the O-line.  

Peopel who try to blame Zampese can't keep their story straight.  Fans were sfreaming for a fade call in the red zone, but when Zampese dials it up they scream that it was a stupid idea.  Critics are all over the place.  Some claim we need to be more commotted to the run game.  some claim we need to throw more quick passses.  some say we need to take more shots deep down the field.  Everyone claims they are smarter than Zampese yet everyone has a different idea of why he is wrong.

The fact is that every single OC we have ever had has been criticized by fans who "knew" that they could call a better game than an NFL coach.  Even Hue was "too cute" with his silly formations until he left and now he is an an offensive guru.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 08:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Seems pretty clear that the problem is the O-line.  

So you blame Paul Alexander then.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 08:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Seems pretty clear that the problem is the O-line.  

Peopel who try to blame Zampese can't keep their story straight.  Fans were sfreaming for a fade call in the red zone, but when Zampese dials it up they scream that it was a stupid idea.  Critics are all over the place.  Some claim we need to be more commotted to the run game.  some claim we need to throw more quick passses.  some say we need to take more shots deep down the field.  Everyone claims they are smarter than Zampese yet everyone has a different idea of why he is wrong.

The fact is that every single OC we have ever had has been criticized by fans who "knew" that they could call a better game than an NFL coach.  Even Hue was "too cute" with his silly formations until he left and now he is an an offensive guru.

Not me.....I loved Hue's trickery.  I think it masked our biggest weakness, Piano Man's unit.  I agree that it is silly to think any of us could realistically call a better game than KZ.  It's just that there had to be someone better out there than that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I miss him too...and Zimmer....and Vance Joseph....and this team's balls, which seemed to leave with those coaches.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 02:14 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We are 29th in points per game.... You spin me right round, baby, right round like a record...

No shit, and any doofus would know that being at the top in yards has often come from being behind and playing against prevent defenses and getting garbage yards.  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 01:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: thisis ridiculous.

Bengals have the #12 offense in the league despite missing Eifert and losing a WR to free agency that is leading the league in receiving yards.

In 2014 Bengals offense was #15 under Hue.

Bro they are last in scoring can you please go somewhere that's not this board, I'm sick of your crappy posts. It literally seems like get on here and in every thread make the argument against whatever side has more followers.

Someone could start a thread saying that this team is called the Bengals and you would somehow disagree. I'm tired of seeing it
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 03:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: No, you're right.  A team that ranks 29th in points per game, has been held to 17 or less in 4 of 6 games, and whose season high is 22 points, is definitely fine offensively.  There's no problem there whatsoever.

And who cares if the fact that some teams have had byes and some teams haven't affects yardage totals, use them anyways.  And who cares if playing from behind usually leads to more yards (Garbage time/Soft coverage), let's focus on that.

Nope, this team has definitely seen little to drop-off offensively.  They're just fine.  The offense has nothing to do with us being 0-4 against playoff caliber teams.  Nothing to see here at all.

So since we got the offense out of the way, who do you blame for our lackluster results?  Be specific.  If Zampese's offense isn't a problem then I guess we move on to Gunther or Marvin, right.  Or what about Paul Alexander?  You tell me.  But I'm going to guess that you'll somehow sidestep that conversation all together.  And in fact, if we were to have a thread about those areas you'd supply the same twisted facts to support that no one is ever to blame.

Everything is ok, guys.  We're 12th in yards. (Can't wait to see that banner: 2016 Cincinnati Bengals, 12th in yards through week 6.)  It's fine.  Move along. Rolleyes

Clearly it's the fans fault for not believing in the team hard enough!!!! Marv, Zampieceofshit, Paulie G, and piano man all need our full support 24/7!!!  Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think they should give me a shot, my offense on Madden is very good. Lol
Reply/Quote