Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin opens up about his future

Bet you he ends up on the Vikings staff next season.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Sure feels like it.
Reply/Quote
Idk? Sounds to me like another attempt to get us talking only to have nothing change. Why would Zimmer want Someone who lacks discipline in his locker room? It would be too risky to have Marvin around and damage the foundation he has established in Minnesota!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 08:17 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Idk? Sounds to me like another attempt to get us talking only to have nothing change. Why would Zimmer want Someone who lacks discipline in his locker room? It would be too risky to have Marvin around and damage the foundation he has established in Minnesota!

Zimmer is doing the smart thing and not bad mouthing (i.e. Telling the truth about Marvs coaching ability) to the media. The two are still good friends off the field, of course zim is going to stick up for Marv. Doesn't make anything he said true. 
Reply/Quote
I think Marvin will be a good front office hire in the future.
Reply/Quote
Zimmer will not be bad mouthing Marvin to the media. No matter what.
Reply/Quote
I wonder how Marvin would do as a defensive coordinator or LB coach again. Or if he would even want to.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He's a goner and he knows it.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 12:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wonder how Marvin would do as a defensive coordinator or LB coach again. Or if he would even want to.

I think he'd do well, quite honestly. The man isn't football retar... Er... "Football mentally challenged". He knows the game, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Hes just not cut out to be a head coach 
Reply/Quote
His clearly entering a reflective state of mind. I think he knew going into this season, that it would be his last. Not because he anticipated losing, but because he and the Bengals were ready to part ways. I think the guy is a little burned out.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 01:09 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I think he'd do well, quite honestly. The man isn't football retar... Er... "Football mentally challenged". He knows the game, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Hes just not cut out to be a head coach 

My main concern is how long he's been away from being a DC or LB coach. The game has changed a lot since he was a DC or LB coach, so I wonder if he would still try to coach like the old school way or adapt properly.
And yes, I get he's still been a HC all these years, but HC responsibilities don't allow you to be as involved with one side of the ball compared to DC or LB coach.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 09:33 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Zimmer is doing the smart thing and not bad mouthing (i.e. Telling the truth about Marvs coaching ability) to the media. The two are still good friends off the field, of course zim is going to stick up for Marv. Doesn't make anything he said true. 

Exactly, Zim is a class act.

But he wouldn't hire Marv as his DC, Zim demands discipline from his players.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 01:44 PM)Utts Wrote: His clearly entering a reflective state of mind. I think he knew going into this season, that it would be his last. Not because he anticipated losing, but because he and the Bengals were ready to part ways. I think the guy is a little burned out.

Completely agree Utts, looks pretty obvious if you watch this season.

He is tired of talking to the media. Dude just looks tired and it has reflected on the entire team.

Cannot wait to bring in someone fresh. All of us need an energy boost.
Reply/Quote
There's a joke about the 2nd half of Merv's life and halftime adjustments there somewhere but I haven't foudn it yet.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:Exactly, Zim is a class act.

But he wouldn't hire Marv as his DC, Zim demands discipline from his players.

And class acts don't crap on previous employers and colleagues (also ref: Whit, Peko, Zeitler, etc.). Side note: just read the new Browns GM is totally throwing his predecessor and current players under the bus. Browns gonna Brown.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 03:01 PM)snowy Wrote: And class acts don't crap on previous employers and colleagues (also ref: Whit, Peko, Zeitler, etc.). Side note: just read the new Browns GM is totally throwing his predecessor and current players under the bus. Browns gonna Brown.

Yeah, i still remember when Zim said something about Peko being one of if not the best NT's he ever worked with
and Fredtoast always throwing that in Bfine and my face all the time. Don't know what NT's he ever worked with
before that though and if he was just being a nice guy to another nice guy.

Never believed it lol
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 11:51 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I think Marvin will be a good front office hire in the future.

I disagree. In many ways, you need someone aggressive in the FO too. Marvin doesnt fit the bill. We need fire in the FO. 

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I disagree. In many ways, you need someone aggressive in the FO too. Marvin doesnt fit the bill. We need fire in the FO. 

I think you meant to say that "we need to fire the FO". ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:56 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think you meant to say that "we need to fire the FO". ThumbsUp
I think he was actually being quite literal, as in set the FO ablaze.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 01:09 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I think he'd do well, quite honestly. The man isn't football retar... Er... "Football mentally challenged". He knows the game, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Hes just not cut out to be a head coach 
How would we know that Marvin is competent on the defensive side of the ball? He had outstanding players on D in Baltimore. Not a shot at you, but I am taking aim at Marvy.
Reply/Quote