Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin's Press Conference Has Me EXCITED!
(01-04-2018, 02:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: In Marvin's press conference on ESPN.com, he doesn't giggle at all, looks like he's getting down to business,  and just says "this isn't good enough and we need to do better," but it's more than just his usual giggling coach speak because he talks about new coaches and going out and getting players in FA (as has been noted in threads).

He pretty much talks about accountability, from players and coaches, and doing their jobs.

He sounds like a man that's on his last leg, is tired of the bullshit, and wants to start putting his foot up people's asses.

I'm fired up!  Sounds like a new Marvin!

Brad,

He said almost verbatim the exact same things he said in his "I'm back" 2010 and 2015. No legitimate acceptance of personal accountability, nonspecific plans, he promised more active FA before (he did so because the Bengals believe - falsely - that this is the major sticking point to what the fans are mad at), new coaches, and the spitting out of the exact same general conjecture and nonsense.

Until Marvin genuinely understands and admits (at least to himself) that HE is the problem he won't be able to change anything. It's no different than any other personal or professional problem. He cannot admit or own blame, therefore he is powerless (everyone else had to do something to affect the result) and cannot l, himself, change anything.
Reply/Quote
People need to read (listen) he kept saying maybe when it came to Free Agents. Said it twice. Which means he really has no control over that and just like 2010 it won't lead to any change in philosophy. Sorry. Nothing in that presser was comforting. They are who we though the were.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
YADA YADA YADA....This is probably rehearsed, and its probably the same exact thing he told MB so he save his own skin.

I remember Marvins team motto a decade ago was KEEP SHOVELING....And that's exactly what he is doing now, shoveling shit to the fans one spoonful at a time.

The proof is in your actions, and in the product Marv
Reply/Quote
I am on board with it, especially now that Piano man has been banished to playing second fiddle on an antique piano in some pawn shop somewhere! I think this truly could be FINALLY the window that we get over the hump to the next level of success. We shall see, but as a diehard Bengals fan, I will tip up this glass of Kool-Aide and "stay the course".
Reply/Quote
Hey BFritz,

Gullible is written on the ceiling and I’ve got some great Oceanside property for sale in Kentucky
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: In Marvin's press conference on ESPN.com, he doesn't giggle at all, looks like he's getting down to business,  and just says "this isn't good enough and we need to do better," but it's more than just his usual giggling coach speak because he talks about new coaches and going out and getting players in FA (as has been noted in threads).

He pretty much talks about accountability, from players and coaches, and doing their jobs.

He sounds like a man that's on his last leg, is tired of the bullshit, and wants to start putting his foot up people's asses.

I hope youre being sarcastic. If not, youre just stupid.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Don't take much to get you excited does it Brad? :hooked: Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
"We need to do better" - Marv

Gee, I never heard him say that before.

Stop saying it and show us!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:37 AM)740Bengal Wrote: I am on board with it, especially now that Piano man has been banished to playing second fiddle on an antique piano in some pawn shop somewhere!  I think this truly could be FINALLY the window that we get over the hump to the next level of success.  We shall see, but as a diehard Bengals fan, I will tip up this glass of Kool-Aide and "stay the course".

I try to stay positive on this whole thing.  I hope you are right.  I believe its time for ML to rule with an iron fist and DEMAND execution from his players.  I guess we will see.
Reply/Quote
I wanted to watch that awkward press conference with Mike Brown and Marvin from Jan 2011. I wanted to listen to what Marvin said again. I can find it on the Bengals site but the video won't load ad for some reason. Probably not but does anyone have another source where I can view it?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:37 AM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Hey BFritz,

Gullible is written on the ceiling and I’ve got some great Oceanside property for sale in Kentucky
Hell ya I will take that property and another year of season tickets.  I was getting tired of driving 18 hrs to the ocean.  This will be great.

I am a bengals fan Kick me in the nuts one more time Please.
Reply/Quote
All i'm going to say is that I am NOT falling for this crap again. Actions, not words!
Reply/Quote

From what I'm noticing, the only coach who really might have been forced out the door was Paul Alexander.
It seems every other coach is coming back. Verdict still out on Haslett (right?). IMO he needs gone too. He wasn't a good hire to begin with.
I know Urban and Guenther would be welcomed back but those two have plenty of outside options with other orgs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I am not buying in the pharse yet, but I did see Marvin actually fought back against the reporters on a couple questions.............. I was amazed.
He fought back on questions referring to Mike Brown being cheap with insufficient NFL facilities, FA etc. Shocked
Lewis replied back with some BS stats on how the Bengals are in the top 5 of spending money of FA or whatever, but I saw actual human emotion for a second. Next Marvin came back on reporters HARD when they referred to this team being undisciplined, and he came back at them with some bs about being one of the least penalized teams in the league.... but again emotion  Shocked
Of course these "Emotional Outbursts" was followed by his usual gaggle of egotistical patronizing-wasting my time giggles...........
and also followed by his even keel strictly professional emotional levels....... but for a second I did see some fight there.

Also the news about Paul Alexander leaving after TWENTY FOUR FREAKING YEARS was the only REAL news I heard out of the Presser.
I was a happier Bengals Fan after that.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: XIn Marvin's press conference on ESPN.com, he doesn't giggle at all, looks like he's getting down to business,  and just says "this isn't good enough and we need to do better," but it's more than just his usual giggling coach speak because he talks about new coaches and going out and getting players in FA (as has been noted in threads).

New Marvin could demonstrate accountability by showing Pacman the door. His behaviour + poor play + big salary + better options = gone 

But he is a Marvin guy so we will see if anything is different. 
Reply/Quote
The Bengals love you.

You’ve been had.
Reply/Quote
Same as it ever was.................same as it ever was.....................same as it ever was...................SAME AS IT EVER WAS!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 01:28 PM)bengalrick Wrote: Same as it ever was.................same as it ever was.....................same as it ever was...................SAME AS IT EVER WAS!!!!

[Image: Uj2uCgK.gif]

Reply/Quote

You are easy to please! Marvin also said the first 100 people who buy tickets for this upcoming season gets free fudge!

YEAH FUDGE!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 01:42 PM)GodFather Wrote: You are easy to please! Marvin also said the first 100 people who buy tickets for this upcoming season gets free fudge!

YEAH FUDGE!

[Image: oh-fudge-o.gif]

Reply/Quote