Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin's Press Conference Has Me EXCITED!
How did the 2nd half of the PC go eh? lol

But seriously, if we get Del Rio in here and really look for the best O-line coach around and get a new LB coach i
could jump on board with this excitement. Honestly moving on from PA is what has been needed for years, too
bad once again it took so damn long to make this move.

More moves will get me excited. Marv can talk all he wants.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 09:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: This is good news.  I've heard head coaches really turn the corner as they approach their second decade.

He's approaching his 3rd decade!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:33 AM)whodey1967 Wrote: YADA YADA YADA....This is probably rehearsed, and its probably the same exact thing he told MB so he save his own skin.

I remember Marvins team motto a decade ago was KEEP SHOVELING....And that's exactly what he is doing now, shoveling shit to the fans one spoonful at a time.

The proof is in your actions, and in the product Marv

Treating us like mushrooms, feeding us full of shit and keeping us in the dark...

(01-04-2018, 01:42 PM)GodFather Wrote: You are easy to please! Marvin also said the first 100 people who buy tickets for this upcoming season gets free fudge!

YEAH FUDGE!

(01-04-2018, 01:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: [Image: oh-fudge-o.gif]

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How did the 2nd half of the PC go eh? lol

But seriously, if we get Del Rio in here and really look for the best O-line coach around and get a new LB coach i
could jump on board with this excitement. Honestly moving on from PA is what has been needed for years, too
bad once again it took so damn long to make this move.

More moves will get me excited. Marv can talk all he wants.

There's very little that Lewis can do, short of giggling fellatio, that could get me excited at this point.

We've heard all the current proclamations before, yet we're always left excruciatingly flaccid in the end.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: In Marvin's press conference on ESPN.com, he doesn't giggle at all, looks like he's getting down to business, and just says "this isn't good enough and we need to do better," but it's more than just his usual giggling coach speak because he talks about new coaches and going out and getting players in FA (as has been noted in threads).

He pretty much talks about accountability, from players and coaches, and doing their jobs.

He sounds like a man that's on his last leg, is tired of the bullshit, and wants to start putting his foot up people's asses.

I'm fired up! Sounds like a new Marvin!

You wouldn’t be a naive and gullible person, would ya?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:52 PM)Dark-Net-Axon Wrote: There's very little that Lewis can do, short of giggling fellatio, that could get me excited at this point.

We've heard all the current proclamations exposed before, yet we're always left excruciatingly flaccid in the end.

Like i said, if he can help get Del Rio in here i will be excited. Ten times the DC that ole Paulie G was in his time.

We need to stop the run on Defense and play aggressive man to man. No more of this getting ran all over and playing zone shit.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's approaching his 3rd decade!!

Ugh you're right.  I'm speechless.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Like i said, if he can help get Del Rio in here i will be excited. Ten times the DC that ole Paulie G was in his time.

We need to stop the run on Defense and play aggressive man to man. No more of this getting ran all over and playing zone shit.

It's the equivalent of continuing to change the tires on a car that has a faulty engine, in hopes that the ride prior to breaking down on the highway will be a bit smoother.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: Don't take much to get you excited does it Brad? :hooked: Smirk

thats what she said....

*rimshot*

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy Yooooooooooooo
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:29 PM)GodFather Wrote: thats what she said....

*rimshot*

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy Yooooooooooooo

[Image: ed-mcmahon-hiyoooo.jpg?w=287&h=207]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: ]In Marvin's press conference on ESPN.com, he doesn't giggle at all, looks like he's getting down to business,  and just says "this isn't good enough and we need to do better," but it's more than just his usual giggling coach speak because he talks about new coaches and going out and getting players in FA (as has been noted in threads).

He pretty much talks about accountability, from players and coaches, and doing their jobs.

He sounds like a man that's on his last leg, is tired of the bullshit, and wants to start putting his foot up people's asses.

I'm fired up!  Sounds like a new Marvin!

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:52 PM)Dark-Net-Axon Wrote: There's very little that Lewis can do, short of giggling fellatio, that could get me excited at this point.

We've heard all the current proclamations exposed before, yet we're always left excruciatingly flaccid in the end.
Giggling fallatio?
Its an upgrade from the gagging fallatio that he was giving all season. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:03 PM)Dark-Net-Axon Wrote: It's the equivalent of continuing to change the tires on a car that has a faulty engine, in hopes that the ride prior to breaking down on the highway will be a bit smoother.

Pretty well said!!! To me, Marvin is the blind man driving the car, that can't figure out where all the dents came from...
Reply/Quote
I'll believe it when i see it..ive heard this sh** before.
Reply/Quote
Well it's pretty clear that we need someone who can make everyone happy all of the time. In fact we should trade the fan base for new fans who agree with everything that ever comes from the Bengals public relations department. 
Sorry, you've all been traded to the Browns.. You're no longer permitted to root for the Bengals. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
People are stretching to find reasons for hope. It's pretty typical for Bengals fans, as the FO rarely provides real reasons for hope, so people make up happy narratives in their heads.

I've been guilty of it myself.

Here's the hard truth:

1. There has been no major change. No power shift. There is no proof that Marv suddenly has unprecedented control, and tbh, haven't people been saying "Marvin has control" for many years now? This is getting sad.

2. We aren't really making sweeping changes to the coaching staff. It looks like Paul Alexander FINALLY did enough bad things in consecutive seasons to get the pink slip. Guenther wants out. From everything I've read, we'll take him back with open arms if he doesn't land that lateral move. Many things seem off about that, but whatev.

Anything else? No?

3. Don't fall for the FA talk...AGAIN. Marvin said the same stuff a couple years back and we wound up bringing back Michael Johnson and signing a washed up AJ Hawk. This talk always seems to happen before season ticket renewal letters are sent out. Hmm...

------------------------

The Mike Brown Bengals rely on HOPE to sell tickets/merch. We need to stop hoping and take a "prove it" stance.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:03 PM)Dark-Net-Axon Wrote: It's the equivalent of continuing to change the tires on a car that has a faulty engine, in hopes that the ride prior to breaking down on the highway will be a bit smoother.

Nice analogy, could of fixed the engine but guess we didn't want to take the pit stop and are trying to make the finish line on fumes.

(01-04-2018, 04:19 PM)whodey1967 Wrote: Giggling fallatio?
Its an upgrade from the gagging fallatio that he was giving all season. Ninja

Good seeing you around brother. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 05:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: People are stretching to find reasons for hope. It's pretty typical for Bengals fans, as the FO rarely provides real reasons for hope, so people make up happy narratives in their heads.

Here's the hard truth:

1. There has been no major change. No power shift. There is no proof that Marv suddenly has unprecedented control, and tbh, haven't people been saying "Marvin has control" for many years now? This is getting sad.

2. We aren't really making sweeping changes to the coaching staff. It looks like Paul Alexander FINALLY did enough bad things in consecutive seasons to get the pink slip. Guenther wants out. From everything I've read, we'll take him back with open arms if he doesn't land that lateral move. Many things seem off about that, but whatev.

Anything else? No?

3. Don't fall for the FA talk...AGAIN. Marvin said the same stuff a couple years back and we wound up bringing back Michael Johnson and signing a washed up AJ Hawk. This talk always seems to happen before season ticket renewal letters are sent out. Hmm...

------------------------

The Mike Brown Bengals rely on HOPE to sell tickets/merch. We need to stop hoping and take a "prove it" stance.

Honestly when Marv has had more control he seems to screw it up, ala the Offense in 2nd halves.

Sure looks to me and to others from what Lazor and Marv said, Lazor is the one who changed up the line blocking strategy
midseason. Lazor was having problems with PA who was crying about it. PA was not given the pink slip, he was just let go
to go his merry, cheeseburger consuming way.

With a new O-line coach that can coach run blocking and that fit Lazor's scheme we actually might be able to survive Marv's
terrible 2nd half strategy if we can run the clock out.

Completely correct on 3 Shake, not holding my breath on FA.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 05:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Honestly when Marv has had more control he seems to screw it up, ala the Offense in 2nd halves.

Sure looks to me and to others from what Lazor and Marv said, Lazor is the one who changed up the line blocking strategy
midseason. Lazor was having problems with PA who was crying about it. PA was not given the pink slip, he was just let go
to go his merry, cheeseburger consuming way.

With a new O-line coach that can coach run blocking and that fit Lazor's scheme we actually might be able to survive Marv's
terrible 2nd half strategy if we can run the clock out.

Completely correct on 3 Shake, not holding my breath on FA.

Where did you read that? Not questioning you, I just wasn't aware there was in-fighting.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Hi Shake!

We're getting it from the transcript of the Marvin-Lazor joint presser. Granted there is a bit of reading in involved but Lazor has comments that only really make sense if he was the one who pushed through the blocking scheme change. That is also where the comments were made that lead us to think there was a behind the scenes dispute going on.
Reply/Quote