Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin thinks there's a RB in this draft close to Zeke Elliot in talent
He also suggests the Bengals may take a RB early.

Quote:In early March, at least one coach was willing to be a little more positive. Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said his team loved Elliott in the days leading up to the draft last year. They had him rated as the best player. Lewis believes there is a running back in this draft who might be "close" to Elliott's talent. Obviously, he won't say who.

Asked if a team might take another leap and pick a running back early, he said, "We might be that team."

Of course, this could all be smoke and mirrors because that's what the months leading up to the draft are all about. Or maybe the league's attitude toward running backs is changing a little.

Lewis said Dallas' pick last year "opened up eyes."
http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19180782/the-allure-zeke-effect-year-nfl-draft

What do you think?  Smokescreen?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 01:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: He also suggests the Bengals may take a RB early.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19180782/the-allure-zeke-effect-year-nfl-draft

What do you think?  Smokescreen?

We have worked out and met with a decent amount of HB's I think we believe it. We brought in or met with basically every top back in the draft as well as some sleepers. I really do like Hunt from Toledo in the 2nd/3rd round.
Reply/Quote
I honestly think he is talking about Joe Mixon.

Dude is incredibly talented as a RB. His vision, running ability and hands are the best going into the draft arguably in decades.

Putting his incredibly stupid mistake aside.

Fournette and Cook are also very talented.
Reply/Quote
I absolutely believe him, I'd bet good money that if Fournette is there at 9 he is easily the pick. I don't think he's as good as Zeke (didn't think he was when they were both in college but since Zeke was a buckeye I was called a homer lol, hopefully I'm not anymore). I still think LF will be a top 5 back in the NFL for the next 5+ years....plus if we draft him and he takes number 40 it'll work out really well with my username lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 02:27 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I absolutely believe him, I'd bet good money that if Fournette is there at 9 he is easily the pick. I don't think he's as good as Zeke (didn't think he was when they were both in college but since Zeke was a buckeye I was called a homer lol, hopefully I'm not anymore). I still think LF will be a top 5 back in the NFL for the next 5+ years....plus if we draft him and he takes number 40 it'll work out really well with my username lol

Fournette needs to learn to not just be a gap scheme runner, meaning only looking at his blocks from the inside out.

If he can change this up he could definately be a top 5 back with a decent O-line.

He did what he did in college behind a bad OL.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 02:27 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I absolutely believe him, I'd bet good money that if Fournette is there at 9 he is easily the pick. I don't think he's as good as Zeke (didn't think he was when they were both in college but since Zeke was a buckeye I was called a homer lol, hopefully I'm not anymore). I still think LF will be a top 5 back in the NFL for the next 5+ years....plus if we draft him and he takes number 40 it'll work out really well with my username lol

Can't say that yet as LF could still end up having a better NFL career than Elliott.
However, it will be very impressive if it happens because Elliott is a very, very good RB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
They want LF or Mixon for sure.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 02:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Can't say that yet as LF could still end up having a better NFL career than Elliott.
However, it will be very impressive if it happens because Elliott is a very, very good RB.

Zeek's pass protection coming out was one of the highest graded ever. That is going to be the downfall of almost any other back coming out. It's why gio didn't start as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 02:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: Zeek's pass protection coming out was one of the highest graded ever. That is going to be the downfall of almost any other back coming out. It's why gio didn't start as a rookie.

Oh I know and fully understand that. He was a complete RB. I was simply referring to which RB will have the better NFL career when all is said and done. Zeke is very, very good but LF could (keyword COULD) be even better.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 02:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Oh I know and fully understand that. He was a complete RB. I was simply referring to which RB will have the better NFL career when all is said and done. Zeke is very, very good but LF could (keyword COULD) be even better.

He could, some guys forget how good AP was behind some horrible lines in Minnesota early on. An elite back can make up for bad lines and an elite back with a good line can do some amazing things.
Reply/Quote
Yea. White lightening can do everything. Broke Barry Sanders record and is probably the cleanest prospect in the draft. Run catch block return special teams. I know last year before the college season started I was on the McCaffrey bandwagon. In todays NFL shotgun spread this is the guy you want with his versatility lining up next to the QB.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 07:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea. White lightening can do everything. Broke Barry Sanders record and is probably the cleanest prospect in the draft. Run catch block return special teams. I know last year before the college season started I was on the McCaffrey bandwagon. In todays NFL shotgun spread this is the guy you want with his versatility lining up next to the QB.

Yeah, McCaffrey too, sorry about not mentioning him.

Another very talented RB and he is a good man to boot that works his ass off.
Reply/Quote
McCaffrey is More talented than what the fans on his board are giving him I think he can win offensive Rookie of the Year. He has better hands than a lot of wide receivers in this draft. His feet are every bit as quick as Gio Bernard if not better.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Cook is vastly underrated. True home run threat.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 10:17 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Cook is vastly underrated.  True home run threat.

There are rumors that he'll slip into the 2nd round.

I'd be quite happy if we take him there.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 11:04 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: There are rumors that he'll slip into the 2nd round.

I'd be quite happy if we take him there.

Off the field and character concerns...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 10:00 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: McCaffrey is More talented than what the fans on his board are giving him I think he can win offensive Rookie of the Year.  He has better hands than a lot of wide receivers in this draft.  His feet are every bit as quick as Gio Bernard if not better.

The only real knock on McCaffrey is his size. Most teams will want a RB that can handle a full workload if taken in the top 10. McCaffrey proved he could do it at Stanford, but that's fewer games and against college instead of NFL players.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 10:00 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: McCaffrey is More talented than what the fans on his board are giving him I think he can win offensive Rookie of the Year.  He has better hands than a lot of wide receivers in this draft.  His feet are every bit as quick as Gio Bernard if not better.

(04-21-2017, 11:21 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The only real knock on McCaffrey is his size. Most teams will want a RB that can handle a full workload if taken in the top 10. McCaffrey proved he could do it at Stanford, but that's fewer games and against college instead of NFL players.

This guy works so hard, i wouldn't bet against him.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 12:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This guy works so hard, i wouldn't bet against him.

They all work really hard.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 02:36 PM)Okeana Wrote: They want LF or Mixon for sure.

This. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote