Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Marvin wanted Reuben Foster
(02-22-2018, 01:24 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Then why couldnt he play? There is no way after watching Malone that he knew more about the playbook than Ross did. I fail to believe that. The season was lost, Why didnt he at least see what we had? 

Ross was injured and hid it from the coaches.

And none of us know what he did in practice.  It is very possible that Malone knew a lot more about reading defenses and adjusting routes than Ross.

The one thing I can guarantee is that Marvin, like any other NFL coach, wants to win as much as possible in order to make his record look as good as possible.  I just can't believe that he would bench Ross and make himself look worse over some petty feud with Tobin or Mike Brown.  How does that even punish Tobin or Mike Brown in any way?

Josh Malone also played special teams while Ross did not.  That is part of the reason he would be active instead of Ross.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 01:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Ross was injured and hid it from the coaches.

And none of us know what he did in practice.  It is very possible that Malone knew a lot more about reading defenses and adjusting routes than Ross.

The one thing I can guarantee is that Marvin, like any other NFL coach, wants to win as much as possible in order to make his record look as good as possible.  I just can't believe that he would bench Ross and make himself look worse over some petty feud with Tobin or Mike Brown.  How does that even punish Tobin or Mike Brown in any way?

Josh Malone also played
special teams while Ross did not.  That is part of the reason he would be active instead of R
Did Ross ever admit that to the media? You would think that they would try to explain this to the fans better than they do. I am not one of those people that pretend I know more about football than these guys but I do know that when our offense stinks the way it did and we have a first round pick on the bench, I want to know everything, not just some cryptic Marvin BS..
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 05:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It does not matter what Marvin does.  you squeal that he is wrong.

Right. Because he is most of the time. 

1. A barely above .500 record after 15 seasons
2. 0-7 in the playoffs
3. An abysmal record against the Steelers
4. An abysmal record in prime time, even with his average record on Thursday nights included.

Marv is a turd of a coach and it's monumentally hilarious that a "stats guy" can look at his records and still not see as much. The only reason he has as many wins as he does is because this turd of an owner has kept him around about 200% longer than any other owner in NFL history would have. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 01:51 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Did Ross ever admit that to the media? You would think that they would try to explain this to the fans better than they do. I am not one of those people that pretend I know more about football than these guys but I do know that when our offense stinks the way it did and we have a first round pick on the bench, I want to know everything, not just some cryptic Marvin BS..

Probably because the truth is too embarrassing to say out loud and also because Marvin has never once admitted any of his many failures.  He points the finger, just never at himself.  He epitomizes the arrogant idiot.  He has refined it to an art form.  He learned it at the feet of his idiotic boss, who is the Zen master of stoopid.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 08:11 AM)McC Wrote: Probably because the truth is too embarrassing to say out loud and also because Marvin has never once admitted any of his many failures.  He points the finger, just never at himself.  He epitomizes the arrogant idiot.  He has refined it to an art form.  He learned it at the feet of his idiotic boss, who is the Zen master of stoopid.

Blaming is his go-to. He blames the defense for TOP. He blames Ross for his bad season. He blames the team for their motivational issues. So what exactly is ML's job? Is he a coach or an adviser? 

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 01:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: How does any of this prove that Ross, Malone, and Core were better than LaFell?

I never said LaFell was elite.  All I did was respond to this post

By saying that LaFell was better than Ross, Malone, and Core.

The point is that Lafell was incredibly average at best, but a more realistic assessment would be to say he was below average given how often this team had to throw the ball and how he would be single-covered because of Green on the other side.  He was targeted plenty of times despite his inability to generate any separation.  

Now, with that being said, my problem was sticking with the status quo that WASN'T WORKING instead of giving Ross, Core, and Malone more chances.  In fairness, Malone did get some chances after the season was all but over.  That video, while it may have been edited and may have been the wrong thing to do, showed Ross making plays that Lafell would never be able to make.  To keep him on the bench because of the fumble, and one route that he gave up on IS petty, stupid, and stubborn in such a way that it makes Marvin look like an idiot. 

That about this, again, since you ignored it last time:  Marv fired the OC and blamed the players.  But he refused to give OTHER players a chance.  That includes running backs. wide receivers, and linemen.  How does that demand accountability to the players on the field?  
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 08:07 AM)McC Wrote: The fact that the idiot HC is wrong so often just means that if one assumes he is wrong, they're just playing the odds. 

He is handicapped by working for the worst owner in the league yet he has a winning career record.

If he wins more than he loses how can he be wrong more than he is right?  If you always pick him to lose you will be wrong more than you are right.

I don't see any logic in your argument.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 10:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Now, with that being said, my problem was sticking with the status quo that WASN'T WORKING instead of giving Ross, Core, and Malone more chances.

Because the coaches had seen Ross, Core, and Malone in practice and they were not as good as LaFell. 

(02-22-2018, 10:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:  That video, while it may have been edited and may have been the wrong thing to do, showed Ross making plays that Lafell would never be able to make. 

No it does not.  It is just him running basic routes in practice situations.  ANYONE can look good in practice.  Especially when he does not have to read a defense or adjust routes.  Also it helps that all of his mistakes were edited out.
Reply/Quote
I wanted Lattimore and cut Jones! Imagaine Lattimore and Jackson!
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 11:24 AM)Thebigcat454545 Wrote: I wanted Lattimore and cut Jones! Imagaine Lattimore and Jackson!

I would take a Delorean back in time and change out Ross for Lattimore in a heart beat if I could.

Still hope Ross pans out though.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 10:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The point is that Lafell was incredibly average at best, but a more realistic assessment would be to say he was below average given how often this team had to throw the ball and how he would be single-covered because of Green on the other side.  He was targeted plenty of times despite his inability to generate any separation.  

Now, with that being said, my problem was sticking with the status quo that WASN'T WORKING instead of giving Ross, Core, and Malone more chances.  In fairness, Malone did get some chances after the season was all but over.  That video, while it may have been edited and may have been the wrong thing to do, showed Ross making plays that Lafell would never be able to make.  To keep him on the bench because of the fumble, and one route that he gave up on IS petty, stupid, and stubborn in such a way that it makes Marvin look like an idiot. 

That about this, again, since you ignored it last time:  Marv fired the OC and blamed the players.  But he refused to give OTHER players a chance.  That includes running backs. wide receivers, and linemen.  How does that demand accountability to the players on the field?  

Ross was injured on Wednesday after the game he fumbled in practice.... I think that had more to do with him not seeing the field than some imaginary vendetta.

I think they played Lafell more than the others was he was more consistant in practice at running the right routes.

Want to see more of Malone. and boyd next season.   I think if core has broken into to lineup more than he has by now hes probly on the way out.  
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 01:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: How does any of this prove that Ross, Malone, and Core were better than LaFell?

I never said LaFell was elite.  All I did was respond to this post

It just shows Lafell and our Offense's poor numbers is all.

Those guys are all faster than Lafell, so there is one reason to believe maybe one of those guys might get more seperation.

Giving one of those guys a shot when we were in dire need of this ability should of been done IMHO.
Reply/Quote